EPHEMERIS: ILLUSTRATED PANFANDOM

pronounsshe/her
15written posts
glamouryearned bits
offlinecurrently
glamoury
glamoury Avatar
SYNOPSIS
Ephemeris is an upcoming illustrated panfandom site, meaning (most) characters from nearly any animated/illustrated series can be applied for. Anime, cartoons, comics, manga, movies, webcomics, etc! The actual plot synopsis is still a work in progress, and I want to keep the majority of it under wraps for now until it's finished. Some basics, though: we'll have a good mix of locations so that characters from lots of different genres can have different options of where to go and how to interact. I like my rp worlds to be fairly immersive while at the same time remaining pretty simple to understand, so that's what I'm shooting for as far as setting goes. God-like creatures that manipulate the world, can appear in threads, etc. Guilds, challenges, and an infestation of creatures that continually crop up throughout the world providing some semi-consistent chaos. I'd like to create a lot of unique groups/guilds/small plot opportunities to help members get their characters more integrated into the world. Also some site-wide subplots that can start the site off, along with more we'll add later! The site is hosted on Jcink, as that's what I have experience in! If you don't, I'm more than happy to show you the ropes. It's really easy to get the hang of!
Other miscellaneous things:
- Points system with awards, shop items available for purchase, etc
- Profile application with a separate shipper. No freestyle writing section in the app, instead we'll have lots of sections and ways for members to showcase their characters
- Lots of guilds and ic groups with badges that characters can belong to
- Subplots, scenarios, and lots of other ways to help integrate characters and foster plots
- Maybe some D&D-esque elements in the sense of characters can utilize certain actions in thread that can have consequences/interference/etc?

PROGRESS

- Skin is roughly 70% complete, also have most of the templates done! Just a few more odds and ends to finish up. The majority of the graphics have also already been made.
- Lore is roughly 20% complete. I have most of it at least outlined, but a lot of it still needs to be actually written up. Same goes with locations! I have ideas written out for a lot of them, just not the actual content.
- Rules are mostly complete, member groups are outlined, we have awards ready to be implemented (just need to put them in the site shop) etc.
- I also have most of the guilds and their badges created!

STAFF TYPES
I've divided up the staff slots into a few distinct categories that I'm searching for, but naturally, there will be plenty of overlap here. If you sign up as a writing mod, please know that there may be times you'll need to help with moderation or community things, and vice versa! I think that dividing up main responsibilities like this, though, is helpful for making sure that things get done as well as hopefully prevent things from becoming too overwhelming. Of course, we can always adjust the staff system as we go along if needed!
I'm primarily looking to fill the admin slots for now before we open, to finalize world building and such. However if you're interested in another position, let me know! Just please know that any staff added before the site opens will be expected to help with writing and world building.
Also, I've listed 2 slots for each position, but likely we'll start with 1 each, depending on how much interest we get, and then potentially add on more after the site is open.

[ 0/2 ] ADMINS Admins are responsible, of course, for everything listed below. Moderation, applications, coming up and writing plots for the site, helping with the community, and more. If all of that sounds like something you enjoy doing, the admin spot would be good for you! Ideally, you'll be friendly and good at dealing with conflict, as that's inevitable when running a site, as well as someone who is always coming up with new ideas for ways to enrich the site, whether that's through IC things or community based things.
[ 0/2 ] WRITING MODS As the title suggests, these mods would be primarily focused on writing! If you can churn out words like nobody's business and enjoy coming up with plots and ideas, this is the spot for you. While everyone will help with the actual site building process, you'd be mainly responsible for writing up things once the site is open, such as plot progressions, events, etc. You'd also be the main writers for any NPCs the staff operate, like the ~godly characters that work throughout the site. You definitely won't be the only one writing things, though, so don't worry!
[ 0/2 ] GENERAL MODS If you hate to see claims or applications sitting waiting to be processed, this is the position for you! General mods main task is site upkeep, so claims, applications, archiving threads, updating lists, that sort of thing. Advertising will be another big part of this spot, so if you like to advertise for a few minutes daily, that's ideal!
[ 0/2 ] COMMUNITY MODS These moderators main duties would be to help members! Primarily helping members feel welcome and getting them integrated into the site. So lots of plotting, reaching out to new members, and just helping to make everyone feel welcome. An ideal candidate for this position would be a people person, outgoing, and super friendly! You'll also help with member-oriented site things, like picking accounts to feature, helping with things like newsletters, and coming up with other ways to help the community!

I have graphics and coding under control, however if you have experience in either of those, please let me know! It's always helpful to have more than one person able to do both <3
ABOUT ME
Hi! You can call me Fable, I'm 26 years old and use she/her pronouns. I enjoy a wide range of characters and fandoms, some of my biggest at the moment are Fullmetal Alchemist, Adventure Time, Homestuck, Durarara!!, ATLA, Dangan Ronpa, etc. Currently my roster is Bonnibel Bubblegum, Terezi Pyrope, Mugen (Samurai Champloo), Roy Mustang, and Orihara Izaya. I've been roleplaying for close to fifteen years, and making skins and staffing sites for close to twelve! I'm super friendly and active (timezone is CST) and love running sites and making them the best they can be : ') The goal for this site is for it to be as inclusive as possible, really making every effort to make everyone feel welcome and included. It will of course be LGBT+ friendly! And in general I just want it to be fun! I've been missing pure fun in my rp life for a while, so I want to create an environment where I and others can have that.

TO APPLY

Please feel free to shoot me a message here! You can also contact me on Discord: horse apologist#0732. If you have any questions or want some more information, let me know! To apply, please send me the following information:

NAME:
TIMEZONE:
ACTIVITY LEVEL:
DESIRED POSITION:
FAVORITE THINGS TO DO AS STAFF?:
LEAST FAVORITE THINGS TO DO AS STAFF?:
WHAT YOU WANT TO SEE FROM A PANFANDOM SITE:
FAVORITE FANDOMS:
CHARACTERS YOU MIGHT WANT TO WRITE:
WRITING SAMPLE: please show me some of your writing! this can be an ic post, some sort of lore writing, or whatever. if you have any other samples such as graphics or coding feel free to include them too!

Thanks so much for reading! <3

(art credit: pixiv user #1980643)

last edit on Mar 2, 2020 20:52:40 GMT by glamoury
3,084written posts
Kitten4uearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kitten4u
Part of the Furniture
Kitten4u Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","infoBG"]
[attr="class","infoBG2"]
[attr="class","infoBack"]
[attr="class","infoTitle"][attr="class","fa fa-star-o"] threadarchived
[attr="class","infoDiv"]

[attr="class","infoBody"]

To keep the forum clean and so people know that all threads in certain areas are current and that the OP is likely to still have interest, we archive threads that haven't gotten posts for 2 weeks. This thread is being archived for that reason. If you would like this thread reopened, contact a staff member.