The Devil's Knock

21written posts
r/cookieearned bits
offlinecurrently
r/cookie
r/cookie Avatar
So a few days ago in the middle of the night, I was lying down in bed and being my usual unproductive self. But then an idea struck in my pea-sized brain: "what if using superpowers... was illegal... and there's a huge ass war over it? :bigthonk:"

And so I present to you my site idea: The Devil's Knock: where superpowers are illegal.

The Devil's Knock is going to be based around the inFamous series. What's inFamous, you may ask? In just a few words, it's a video game/comic series and it's basically where humans have this gene that grants them superpowers and are feared, hunted down, plastered as criminals, etc. That's basically the site's direction. Of course, I'll be having my own twist on the concept.

I don't wanna spoil too much of what I have in store, but I will spare some site details:

- First and foremost, animanga fcs on Jcink.

- The setting will be in a futuristic city where flying cars, androids and teleportation is a thing. Y'know, the typical futuristic stuff.

- This "gene", unlike in the inFamous series where the origins are unknown, is a result from a company that is responsible for all the high tech stuff the city has. They wanted to aim for something higher than just advanced techs: immortality. It was more or less of a challenge to see how far their technology could take them to something as extreme as achieving immortality. Essentially, their ego were also a key factor of this. Then BOOM: the gene mutates superpowers in some humans instead.

- Speaking of the gene, it can also alter people's appearances; paler skin, sharper teeth, pointy ears, etc. Why? Who knows. At least you now have a reason to use someone with animal ears.

- There will be five to seven factions to join: government, military (this depends on whether or not I'd want the military and government to be one faction all together), group that is against humans, group that is against the superpowered, a group that supports anarchy to take opportunity of the war between humans and the superpowered, a group that supports equality among humans and superpowered, the science company, and then civilians.

- There will be three races available to play: humans, superpowered, and, because it's the future, androids/cyborgs. However, androids/cyborgs will be restricted to the government/military for now.

- The superpowered I really need a name for them lmao who have this gene will be granted powers, of course. Those that are superpowered will automatically have superhuman conditions, so things like enhanced speed, enhanced durability, etc, are already a given. What I'm thinking is that the gene grants powers to control elements like water and fire instead of other powers. BUT! These elements could give people an extra boost to their already superhuman conditions; for example, people with lightning will be faster than those with water, earth, etc.

- IF I do decide to make the gene give people elemental powers, here's are all the main elements people can have: water, air, fire, earth, lightning, light, and dark. Then there'll be sub abilities people can use that are related to their main elements, like ice with water, heat with fire, plasma/energy with lightning, etc. It'd be like the gene essentially evolving to give them those sub abilities. However, the idea of sub abilities will still be around even if I don't want the gene to give people just elemental powers.

- The superpowered will have these special shock collar devices strapped to their necks at all times that prevent them from using their powers. If they try to use their powers, they'll get shocked that'll even bypass someone who has lightning immunity. #technologyisgreat. They are not to be taken off while in public; doing so will result prison time or worse. The government isn't so bad as they make it out to be.

- Humans will start out with weapons to help defend themselves (though it's an option to start with weapons, but there will be a slot for you to buy it for weapons). Superpowered don't get weapons because, well, they don't deserve it.

- Finna be a lotta drama and angst.

Soooooooo, I'm pretty sure I spoiled a lotta stuff lmao But that's pretty much all I have to spare for now. I might make a Discord server for those interested and post updates there (but will still post updates here too), so if you're interested or want to help out, lmk~ Other than that, any feedback, interest, or questions are welcomed!
21written posts
r/cookieearned bits
offlinecurrently
r/cookie
r/cookie Avatar
ohai.

It's me again.

I thought I'd do like weekly updates or something but I'm too impatient for that.

So!

Yesterday I actually gotten a lot more done than I expected. Is this what being productive feels like??? So far I have the following completed:

Premise/Plot
More information on the gene (I've also decided to have the gene give elemental powers just to give it a mini twist) and collars
Rules
Races
Weapons/Gadgets*
Sub abilities

Now what I need to work on:

Shops for characters to buy more weapon/ability slots
Factions
Locations
Basically actually make a forum and find a skin for the site lmao.

So progress is going a lot quicker than I thought! I wouldn't count on it being released soon, but I'm going at a consistent pace.

*EDIT: When I say weapons, it's basically an overview of what kind of weapons are on the site in a general sense alongside important high tech gadgets to which members can create and buy. That way, you can have all the creative control you want that's reasonable with your stuff.
last edit on Mar 16, 2020 1:17:56 GMT by r/cookie
21written posts
r/cookieearned bits
offlinecurrently
r/cookie
r/cookie Avatar
soka Avatar
:eyes: eyes emoji all over this, if you need any graphic/smol coding assistance, ya girl is interested

Ayeee, def keeping you in mind. I lowkey succ with graphics/coding so you'd be relieving a lot of stress from me. Expect a PM from me soon.

iota Avatar
Yes. Yes. Love powers, love androids, love IC prejudice/feuding. I have an android char I haven't been able to play in like... how old am I? Ancient? Right. maybe 10-ish years. I can't mod/staff/anything useful behind the scenes, but I can provide lots of IC posts? /Halo xD

Pffft, pls. Any sort of interest is a-okay in my book. uwu And it's futuristic too like how can androids not be a thing, amirite? As of now, androids/cyborgs are considered government/military property so their member groups would be either in the government/military. Buuuut, there's also a choice for them to "deviate" from their original purpose in said member groups so they could end up as a wanted criminal to do what's right for them. Think kinda like Detroit: Become Human. ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

IN OTHER RELATED UPDATES, I've decided to add one more member group: prisoners. That's right. Prisoners. And guards too, ofc. These will be made up of mainly those with the Sorio gene (That's right, I finally got a name for the gene) who obviously broke the law by not having their collars on or other inhumane stuff. Don't worry, humans are here too; they're just the minority (in lore sense).

Prisoners will be ranked from how dangerous they are alphabetically. S is considered being extremely dangerous and must be kept close watch 24/7, feared by most prisoners and possibly guards, while E is just really petty stuff such as taking off the collar and stuff. Prison riots, anyone? :bigthonk:
21written posts
r/cookieearned bits
offlinecurrently
r/cookie
r/cookie Avatar
Danger Noodle Avatar
I'm not sure how much help I could possibly be but I want to say that I'm 100% joining the moment it opens like.
First ad posted.
Bam I'm there.
Y'know?

You got me interested like mad.
( /)/////w/////(\ )

Who says you gotta help? As I said before, any sort of interest is dope to me. <3

wHICH ALSO BRINGS ME TO MY NEXT UPDATE: I'm planning to yeet up a Discord server so the people interested will get early access to the site and a heads up to updates before I post them here. Of course, that is if they're interested in joining the server. uwu bc i wanna spoil u all and make you feel special. That said, those that said are interested on this thread will have a choice to join the server and everyone else that wants to join just PM me and I'll send you a link. <3

I'll also be hitting up those that offered help both here and the PMs momentarily too. 👀
176written posts
zeroearned bits
offlinecurrently
zero
zero Avatar
I would be interested in joining and taking a look! Just reading through the info, I have an idea for one character I'd want to bring, and I love the focus on discrimination against the powered. The use of collars and other enforcement are +++. Do you know if there will be a psychopass (sort of) element where powered people will be used to capture other powered people?

21written posts
r/cookieearned bits
offlinecurrently
r/cookie
r/cookie Avatar
When you thought you replied but you didn't. :pensive:

zero Avatar
I would be interested in joining and taking a look! Just reading through the info, I have an idea for one character I'd want to bring, and I love the focus on discrimination against the powered. The use of collars and other enforcement are +++. Do you know if there will be a psychopass (sort of) element where powered people will be used to capture other powered people?

<3

There are some changes to the collars which I'll be making an update on the server first then here, but they're still a thing! Just for a different purpose (hint: it involves with peeps in prison :e y e s:). And yes, Sorion folks (the people with elemental powers) will basically be forced to hunt down their own kind!

bc Avatar
o hellla hecka this is really interesting??? uh, i can help w/ coding shit. scripting and troubleshooting are my specialty—

u-uwu

Well then hop on aboard the train then.

Both of you will be getting invites to the server shortly, so keep an eye out on dem messages.
21written posts
r/cookieearned bits
offlinecurrently
r/cookie
r/cookie Avatar
No cap,

I completely forgot about updating this-

rEEeeeeeEEee-

Anyway, a lot has happened over the past week I can't even believe it's been a week since this started like wtf???? and a LOT has progressed thanks to the beautiful ass staff members that helped and members that stuck around. )))))))):

So there's been a lotta changes and new updates made and I'm here to report them. owo

- WE GOT A SITE AND SKIN UP AND IT'S B E A U T I F U L. :t r i u m p h:

- Factions are done and after staff takes a look and thinks it looks good, they'll be up~ I didn't make this announcement in the server yet so if you're the server and you're reading this: hi.

- We got a new classification in regards to Sorions: Brutions. They're more animalistic or have odder mutations in appearance along with being more likely to become violent. Thus, they're more than likely to be stigmatized. THIS DOES NOT MEAN THEY'RE AN ENTIRELY DIFFERENT RACE. MECHANICAL WISE, THEY ARE THE SAME IN ELEMENTAL POWERS AND PHYSICAL CONDITIONS!

- We're going to be on premium another announcement I didn't make yet in the server oop-, but we will NOT be labelled as 18+.

- Collars will only apply to Sorions that are in prison and those that serve the military. Those that serve in the military will be assigned to a "human/android" owner to supervise every move they make. They have access to their collars so that their powers may be used in combat before they must have the collar back on.

- Prisoners will no longer have ranks.

- Androids/Cyborgs will also get the chance to be upgraded, much like how Sorions get to evolve their powers and humans gain slots to hold more weapons.

These are details I'm willing to spare for now.

ok i'm out
3,083written posts
Kitten4uearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kitten4u
Part of the Furniture
Kitten4u Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","infoBG"]
[attr="class","infoBG2"]
[attr="class","infoBack"]
[attr="class","infoTitle"][attr="class","fa fa-star-o"] threadarchived
[attr="class","infoDiv"]

[attr="class","infoBody"]

To keep the forum clean and so people know that all threads in certain areas are current and that the OP is likely to still have interest, we archive threads that haven't gotten posts for 2 weeks. This thread is being archived for that reason. If you would like this thread reopened, contact a staff member.