pronounsHe, Him, and His
1,226written posts
Jacobearned bits
offlinecurrently
Jacob
Part of the Furniture
Jacob Avatar
Dear Pixel Perfect Staff,

I was wondering if someone could tell me how to put my posts in block format.  Numerous users here do it, but I cannot find the button or the code.  Just centering makes everything look awkward.  Thanks so much!

Yours faithfully,

Jacob
last edit on Mar 18, 2020 16:59:22 GMT by Jacob
phantom of the black parade
pronounsshe / her pronouns
4,237written posts
Kuroyaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kuroya
Part of the Furniture
Kuroya Avatar
at this, the world's end, do we cast off tomorrow~!
to get the "blockquote" / indented option, you use [*blockquote][/*blockquote] without the asterisks. i generally just highlight and add the justify myself but i think you can add in [*div align="justify"][/*div] without the asterisks and it will justify the text within the blockquoted area.

0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
Jacob Avatar
Dear Pixel Perfect Staff,

I was wondering if someone could tell me how to put my posts in block format.  Numerous users here do it, but I cannot find the button or the code.  Just centering makes everything look awkward.  Thanks so much!

Yours faithfully,

Jacob

Edit: oops, I didn't notice another post above mine somehow orz Sorry!

I'm not staff, but I thought I could help anyway ?
Here's a screenshot:

Basically go to PROFILE > SETTINGS. There will be a Default BBCode section. Type in your code there (mine is listed below) and then hit save. After that, your code will automatically appear in every post (this only works for Proboards, not Jcink). If you want to use mine and change the font face and/or colour, go for it. If you want to make your own, go for it.~

[center][div style="width:550px;font-family:calibri light;text-align:justify;font-size:11pt;line-height:16pt;"]
Your words/post goes here

[/div][/center]
last edit on Mar 18, 2020 17:40:05 GMT by Deleted
4,237written posts
Kuroyaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kuroya
Part of the Furniture
Kuroya Avatar

just as an fyi, while you can use that format, it's actually not ideal for mobile users.

anything that has a set width that's too wide for the mobile mode on proboards just will not display whatever ought to be overflowed. that's why i recommend the blockquote + justify - it's not perfect (since blockquote won't actually work on mobile), but at least i don't have to guess what those extra three words are in each line / twist my phone to landscape mode just to be able to read a post.
last edit on Mar 18, 2020 19:17:55 GMT by Kuroya

praise the cats!
aliasthomas, breezescodes
pronounshe/him
820written posts
bcearned bits
offlinecurrently
bc
Summer '19 Bingo Completionist
bc Avatar
this is my murder mittens ^-^
just add max-width: 100%;

but honestly, i do something more like

[div style="margin:30px 15%;"]content lmao[/div]

to preserve the blockquote look even on mobile. so i ditch width and just use margins sjflkdj. i mean, u could just set max width to a percent or something, but using margins is just. one tag & one property vs two properties & two tags.

the 30px adds top / bottom spacing, and the 15% is the left / right spacing. would not recommend going any higher than 15%. actually, it's probably better to use pixels instead of percentages, but i live for horrible coding choices until it actually becomes an issue for me sdjkfjslkdjfk

but honestly tho #plsthinkofmobileversionuserstoo imma gonna start a campaign -
last edit on Mar 18, 2020 20:49:49 GMT by bc
4,237written posts
Kuroyaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kuroya
Part of the Furniture
Kuroya Avatar
i'd probably use a max-width of 90% or 80% but honestly isn't wrong about margins just.... being a whole lot neater (since you're essentially putting in the padding around things rather than making a box that you then have to center). i actually think percentages are a little neater for that mobile/desktop transition (especially since lmfao what are pixels on a mobile screen), but different strokes for different folks c:

praise the cats!
aliasthomas, breezescodes
pronounshe/him
820written posts
bcearned bits
offlinecurrently
bc
Summer '19 Bingo Completionist
bc Avatar
this is my murder mittens ^-^
Kuroya Avatar
i'd probably use a max-width of 90% or 80% but honestly isn't wrong about margins just.... being a whole lot neater (since you're essentially putting in the padding around things rather than making a box that you then have to center). i actually think percentages are a little neater for that mobile/desktop transition (especially since lmfao what are pixels on a mobile screen), but different strokes for different folks c:

uh i would agree, yes percentages are generally better, but if its just like... 10px~ that's not really a big issue and is probably better than a percentage just b/c like - comparing 25% of 1000px vs 25% of 320px. but then - that's also just b/c i'm super hyper focused on how a certain thing kinda looks / shapes so maybe that's just a qualm for me?
last edit on Mar 18, 2020 23:18:39 GMT by bc