inuyasha, anyone?

0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar

Hi! So I made an Inuyasha roleplay a couple years back, but wasn't able to fully dedicate to it because of real life and precedence of other boards/roleplays of the time. It had all the canons, the world, and it was set before the final act, so plenty of development to create/skew. I'm thinking of bringing it back, if you want it. Have been thinking of bringing it back for a while.

I've had it on-hold because I thought others would want to create something similar, or a world with youkai, hanyou, miko, and the like, and I didn't want to seem like I was competing with them or anything. And, then, a couple of months later, someone else made an Inuyasha board -- a SessKag concept, which I actually enjoyed, but then the admin abruptly abandoned the site and left the discord after I pitched her a plot she had pretended she had wanted to do.

I guess what I'm wondering is... if I re-open my Inuyasha site, will anyone be interested? The plot I had in mind would leave room for a plethora of OCs, and maybe even two Kagomes -- the main one that we all know/love, and then a genetically cloned one that Naraku has created in order to try and kill the Inuyasha gang, Sesshomaru, find the rest of the shards, etc, since she has all the memories, powers, etc of the regular Kagome. And, of course, although rare, the idea of having a couple other time-travellers and daiyoukai wouldn't be outside the realm of possibility, though nothing Mary-sue, of course.

But, I wouldn't want it to be plot-centric or anything. Maybe an event here and there. Personal plots. Occasional power-ups. But, nothing too heavy. Mostly laid back.

So, what do you think? Would this be something you'd want to join/dive into? Any suggestions you may have?
last edit on Mar 24, 2020 14:19:02 GMT by Deleted
pronounsHe/Him/His
1,094written posts
lightearned bits
offlinecurrently
light
Part of the Furniture
light Avatar
from what i read this sounds like something you should do with a group of friends/a small site or discord kind of roleplay. considering you're thinking of having canons and having clone!kagome focus on murdering the canon characters a.k.a. inuyasha crew.

personally, no to the canon panfandom stuff.

should be laid-back secondary, plot-centric primarily. basically chill, but fun.

an event every two months would be lit, once a month if you're dedicated to plot progression and character development for all.

yes to the oc shit, why not just make an oc naraku-like villain? considering inuyasha is a large world and opens up room for pretty much anything. i definitely think u can do a lot more outside of canon shit and should play around with original stuff.

but that's my coffee and i'm just trying to add a lil sugar and cream to urs queen

last edit on Mar 24, 2020 22:56:12 GMT by light
0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar

I just want to have canons and something set in the Inuyasha world.

Lately, I've wondering if I should do something akin to a modern au instead, where all the cast/characters (save for Kagome) wake up in the modern era, and their universe has sort of been rebooted. A place where Tokyo, and Japan as a whole, accepts the existence of youkai/daiyoukai/hanyou, and humans and demons live together in present-day harmony. Maybe Naraku's not in this, since it would be based at the end of the Final Act. But maybe he is, and maybe he is a scheming serial killer or something that masquerades as a navy general or something.

Slice of life mostly?? Maybe some fighting here and there. Obviously supernatural races mixed in with youkai/hanyou/daiyoukai/miko/etc and their sets of powers. Reincarnated elements since all the canons from the Sengoku Jidai would wake up in modern reality with boys and pieces of their memories of the feudal past, but also have an established life in the modern world??

It would be like the fanfic aus. And, idk, I think it would be great.
last edit on Apr 5, 2020 19:41:21 GMT by Deleted
3,084written posts
Kitten4uearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kitten4u
Part of the Furniture
Kitten4u Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","infoBG"]
[attr="class","infoBG2"]
[attr="class","infoBack"]
[attr="class","infoTitle"][attr="class","fa fa-star-o"] threadarchived
[attr="class","infoDiv"]

[attr="class","infoBody"]

To keep the forum clean and so people know that all threads in certain areas are current and that the OP is likely to still have interest, we archive threads that haven't gotten posts for 2 weeks. This thread is being archived for that reason. If you would like this thread reopened, contact a staff member.