What Am I Breaking? (Newclass/Table Spacing?)

aliasRinse, Oakey, rickrollme
pronounsShe/Her
76written posts
pancakehouseearned bits
offlinecurrently
pancakehouse
pancakehouse Avatar
SIGMAR BLESS THIS RAVAGED BODY!
Hello, I'm hoping to just find a bit of quick help. I've been at this forever, and I just can't figure out what I'm missing or overlooking.

I like to code all my tables/templates on scratchpad, just because it's easy, I'm comfortable with it, and it's got the live preview. And so far I haven't had any problems taking my templates/tables and converting them so they work with the newclass tag on Proboards. But now I'm having an issue. I'm trying to convert this template/table to work on my WIP forum, but I keep breaking it. Here's the link to the post. I've went through it a good number of times, inspected like crazy... I'm just not putting together how to fix it. The problem appears to be the spacing on my tables, and I've tried messing with the margins, but I'm just..... not fixing it.

I'm really hoping to fix it, since I've got the other seven of my gyms made up with the same template. Any help would be so greatly appreciated, and I thank you for even taking a look at this mess. Don't judge the WIP forum too harshly either, I'm far from done with messing with the design.
last edit on Apr 4, 2020 21:30:33 GMT by pancakehouse

an original powers rp
internally screaming
pronounsshe/her
1,786written posts
Nekoearned bits
offlinecurrently
Neko
Administrator
Neko Avatar
stressed, depressed, and probably not well-dressed
I can tell you that the issue is the ".grassrinsetable" - the 500px width! If you remove that, there's no issue from the proboards side. I'm however at a loss to fix it currently since I don't have some time to pull it out and look at it. I'm not sure if that helps, If anyone doesn't get to this in the next two days or so, I'll try to see what I can do to fix it!
aliasiceguin
pronounsshe (doesn't mind)
31written posts
iceguinearned bits
offlinecurrently
iceguin
iceguin Avatar
Try adding this to your code:
[newclass=table]border-collapse: separate; table-layout: auto; width:auto!important;[/newclass]

ProBoards bakes in some extra HTML to their sites that specifically influences tables, unfortunately ;u;
aliasRinse, Oakey, rickrollme
pronounsShe/Her
76written posts
pancakehouseearned bits
offlinecurrently
pancakehouse
pancakehouse Avatar
SIGMAR BLESS THIS RAVAGED BODY!
Aaaaaah, thanks so much for the reply, you two! I tried both suggestions, and adding that bit of code seemed to do the trick! I really, really appreciate it!

an original powers rp
3,084written posts
Kitten4uearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kitten4u
Part of the Furniture
Kitten4u Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","infoBG"]
[attr="class","infoBG2"]
[attr="class","infoBack"]
[attr="class","infoTitle"][attr="class","fa fa-star-o"] threadarchived
[attr="class","infoDiv"]

[attr="class","infoBody"]

To keep the forum clean and so people know that all threads in certain areas are current and that the OP is likely to still have interest, we archive threads that haven't gotten posts for 2 weeks. This thread is being archived for that reason. If you would like this thread reopened, contact a staff member.