pronounsshe/her
5written posts
saturnearned bits
offlinecurrently
saturn
saturn Avatar
we also exist outside space and time.
this is a bit of a long shot, but i figure i'd give it a try—

hi, i'm saturn, and i'm looking for a new site to join! i've been roleplaying for a long time, most recently on tumblr. i used to be active on the proboards/jcink side of things around five? six? years ago so i'm somewhat really out of the loop and don't have any writing partners left here anymore. because of that, i'd really like to find a place that's fairly chill and accepting of newbies or at least patient with people who are still figuring things out!

i'm not looking for panfandom sites or sites with really complicated systems members need to learn. i don't mind fandom based sites as long as there are threads explaining all the important points someone unfamiliar with the source material would need to know, and i don't mind reading through a lot of lore for more plot/worldbuilding heavy sites! for genre, i have no preference between lighthearted settings or plot driven ones, though i'd like to avoid content that's overly dark or despair heavy. easy application process and lax word counts are a bonus, but not required. i'm also looking for animanga sites, so no real life face claims, please! (the exception is kpop - if it's a site utilizing that setting/industry, i'd like to check it out!.)

also, this is kind of a weird requirement, but i really enjoy writing replies in the present tense. i like the sense of immediacy it has and a lot of my writing in this format is... better than when i try to force it to fit a different style. a lot of the sites i've browsed through already seem to prefer or encourage using past tense for thread replies. so i'm looking for sites where writing in present tense is permitted—or at the very least, i'm not the only one doing it so i won't feel super self conscious.

anyway! i think that's about all i wanted to say. at the end of the day i'd just love to write somewhere, so i'd appreciate any suggestions sent my way! 
last edit on May 1, 2020 15:32:43 GMT by saturn
pronounsshe/her
35written posts
finleyearned bits
offlinecurrently
finley
finley Avatar
heya ! i'm a member on an animanga dark fantasy site, something holy, and i can personally attest to the fact that our community is super kind and patient, and would love to welcome you back into forum rps! there's no complicated mechanics to learn, and a lot of the setting is very free-flowing and open so there's minimal lore you would need to look through before joining. a majority of us write in past tense, but there's no hard rules about that so you would be perfectly fine writing in present tense if you prefer! if this sounds like something you could be interested in, please come check us out! and even if SH isn't your cup of tea, i hope you find the right site for you <3

SOMETHING HOLY
[dark fantasy] [premium jcink] [oc animanga]
the endless hunt
aliasleto, blobert, crow
pronounshe / they
1,379written posts
ullaearned bits
offlinecurrently
ulla
Administrator
ulla Avatar
in turning divine, we tangle endlessly

hi ! just here to drop event horizon into the recommendations for you! we are a pokemon fandom based site, however we have zero stats and very minimal knowledge of pokemon is required. (we have a couple members currently who hadn't played a single pokemon game before joining and they've flourished!) we also have a lot of member who write in present tense (i'm one of them!) so you won't be alone in that regard.

this is also the month of our third anniversary, so we're running birthday event with some new member bonuses! if you want more information, please feel free to drop in on our discord server.

either way, welcome back to rp! and i hope you find a site that suits you
Feline Overlord
aliasChibi
pronounsShe/Her
1,787written posts
Chibi Magicianearned bits
offlinecurrently
Chibi Magician
Spring '21 Dev Completionist
Chibi Magician Avatar
Pure Gremlin Energy

Hey there, ! Perhaps those of us at The Duality of Man have what you are searching for? We are a 3 year old modern animanga fantasy site with very lax activity, word count and application requirements. We have activity checks once every two months where you are just required to tag your characters. Our word count is 50 words, just to stave off one-liners. Then our application requirements at most require a paragraph for each section at about 5 sentences. A lot of our members are friendly towards newbies and crave the attention of threading with anybody! Furthermore, we are heavily about allowing members to express themselves with how they see fit, so present tense is completely fine! If I recall, we do have 1 other present tense writer, although, I have gotten behind on who writes with what tense. ^^' People tend to join in a mini horde. Although, I can say, I have no problems with it whatsoever! Bring it on! c:

We are a lore-heavy site with lots to read, however, we have applied methods for members to find the information they search for at a quicker pace, specifically with our species overview which is designed to give you a vague idea of what you may wish to play. On TDOM we have officially reached over 50 playable species for you to enjoy if you are into a heavy-fantasy setting. Some species even have a more sandbox approach and staff and members will gladly assist in helping you find the species you may be searching for. We are also open to member suggested species, however, I will warn this takes a bit for us to implement.

Constantly, TDOM is updating to add more species, concepts and other organizational things, so we are a busy little site. There are usually daily replies, however, we are a community that understands real life comes before posts. So you are always welcomed to take your time!

Anyways, I hope you will come pay us a visit and if we are not the site you favour, I wish you luck on your search. c: Have a wonderful day!

Plot Synopsis
The Duality of Man is a laid-back role-play set thousands of years after the war between Heaven and Hell (the War of Traitors), a war that tore apart the species. Akari (Heaven’s Goddess) and Volos (Hell’s God) fought for 200 years and decimated the gateway between their realms, Earth. The fight was brutal, with family betraying one another to fight alongside the god they believed in. The battles caused significant damage to Earth, causing Enki (Earth’s God) to search for a way to end the dispute. He pled with Akari and Volos to cease their battle, but neither side would listen. In desperation, Enki contacted Thanatos (Purgatory’s God) and convinced him to assist him in a mission to stop the fighting. The pair were successful and sealed Akari and Volos to their realms, closing the gates and ultimately making it so nobody could leave or enter either dimension. The use of the intense binding magic forced Enki to retreat and fall into a deep sleep while Thanatos returned to his realm. After the devastating war, they could only see the duality between one another.

Thousands of years later, little had changed as a new war has arrived on Earth. A woman named Zeredah searches to cause a widespread revolution, bringing with her horrible creatures called terrors to assist her deeds. She created the Assembly of Phantoms and is bent of separating the species groups to cease the fighting and bring forth a strict rule. To oppose her, the Terror Response Syndicate (TRS) was formed in an attempt to counter her heinous acts. However, with the species only noticing the differences between one another, will dualism conquer, or will they come together to defeat their foes?
last edit on May 2, 2020 0:16:14 GMT by Chibi Magician

ic for a dystopian fantasy role-play
pronounsshe/her
5written posts
saturnearned bits
offlinecurrently
saturn
saturn Avatar
we also exist outside space and time.
 &   &   &   - wow, thank you so much, everyone! i definitely did not expect to get much of a response, so i really appreciate all of your suggestions! i'll take some time to check out all the sites you've shared (funnily enough, i did have my eye on a couple mentioned here) and fingers crossed i'll be able to find a good fit! thank you for all your help ♥ hopefully i'll see you guys around!!
last edit on May 2, 2020 2:38:51 GMT by saturn
0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
, I couldn't decide which site to offer you, so I'm going to leave both at your door. Both are based on popular anime series, and have a handful of dedicated members who make for a friendly community. However, one site is newer and more laid-back than the other, and depending on your taste in setting, genre, and plot, you may have a preference for one over the other. And, if you don't like either one of them, that's also perfectly fine! I just know that you'll be greeted with tlc and people would not hesitate to plot with you, and I would want you to feel welcome wherever you wander!

Final Will is a roleplay largely based around the popular anime and manga series, Inuyasha, but is placed almost entirely in Tokyo, Japan. Set after the Final Act of the series, the forum's world takes place in an alternate universe that was created by the disappearance of the shikon jewel. Its cessation resulted in all of the characters formerly in the sengoku jidai of Japan to be reincarnated into modern day, with modern lives and little to no memories of their previous adventures -- that is, until they come into contact with their former friends, lovers, and enemies or encounter a feeling of familial deja vu. This puts a unique spin on the feudal fairytale that many have grown up with and come to love, and allows a new and continued story to be told through the eyes of the players, and new relationships to be formed between characters based on various events, personal plots, and portrayals. Despite the origins and basis for the roleplay and its setting, we could also easily be treated like a supernatural slice of life for those that are unfamiliar with Inuyasha, since we allow original youkai, hanyou, and humans w/ or w/o powers to be applied for alongside the canons, and even offer a board location for those who want to write out certain interactions or enactments in the feudal era. There is no word count, and the site seems to be getting new interest daily. Even though it's newly opened, the forum seems relatively active, casual, and works to become a place to unwind and expand characters through development and character building, and allows for literacy and written expression.

On the other hand, Shine Bright is based upon the shoujo magical girl series of Sailor Moon, but, unlike Final Will, it incorporates an entirely original world with original characters, and the setting predates even the Silver Millennium, with only the existence of the sun, moon, and the surrounding constellations. Because of this, the only "canons" are the royalty that derive from each constellation, as well as a senshi of each constellation and even an aforementioned "Sailor Sun". The story follows the very first introduction of Chaos cleverly steering what we know to be 'the moon' into the solar system, and subsequently corrupts and warps the minds of a chosen handful who are uneasy under the sun's rule. Because of Chaos' interference, the very first senshi to appear and are awakened, summoned to the centre of the solar system in order to not only protect the sun's princess and only heir, but have the duty to defend the universe from the new evil that is slowly unraveling. We have no word-count, and don't discriminate based on writing style as long as the basic rules of grammar, spelling, and punctuation are intact. However, while we are experiencing a down-time currently due to the state of the world and previously losing a couple characters to an activity check, we are still going strong and have been steady for almost a year now. We are usually plot-focused and character-driven, and seek for everyone and their characters to benefit from the story, whether you are a senshi, knight, or even a simple civilian. Fair warning that we do exhibit some mature themes, angst, and intensity, and can come off as slightly darker than the canon of the series due to our originality, but we delight in a good slow-burn story none-the-same.

last edit on May 2, 2020 3:16:55 GMT by Deleted
Stardust in me
aliasEm, Dragon
pronounsShe/Her/Hers
773written posts
rabbitearsearned bits
offlinecurrently
rabbitears
Part of the Furniture
rabbitears Avatar
We're motivated by the stars that we're made of

Stat Free - Story Focused - All Series & Movies - Canons & OCs

It all began with the Tournament of Power. The two Zen-Ohs were in complete awe over the antics and powers displayed during the tournament. They were especially fascinated by Universe 7. Waiting for another tournament wasn't going to cut it; they wanted entertainment and they wanted it now. So, with the help of Super Shenron and all the Gods, a whole mini-universe was birthed, nicknamed the Continuum. Time was manipulated such that anyone could be taken into the Continuum, but their own timeline would continue as if they had never left, causing no major problems in other timelines. The Continuum is where your chosen character now finds themselves. What happens next? That is up to you.

pronounsShe/Her
185written posts
❀ Veeearned bits
offlinecurrently
❀ Vee
❀ Vee Avatar
I grew a flower that can’t be bloomed in a dream that can’t come true
I could offer you my newly opened site, A Tale in the Star. It is a High School, Slice of Life RP, set in present day Seoul. If you're interested check it out !! We have just had our grand opening yesterday, so our activity might be a bit less, but our members are slowly starting to create their characters. As it is focused on students and adults alike, you are free to rp in the entertainment world as well ! Right now we have 2 entertainment companies as canon, we will be adding more as per member's request.

last edit on Jun 5, 2020 5:26:38 GMT by ❀ Vee
FUNK & SOUL

In search of staff for F&S, Please DM me here or on Discord bangtantraash#4741
3,084written posts
Kitten4uearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kitten4u
Part of the Furniture
Kitten4u Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","infoBG"]
[attr="class","infoBG2"]
[attr="class","infoBack"]
[attr="class","infoTitle"][attr="class","fa fa-star-o"] threadarchived
[attr="class","infoDiv"]

[attr="class","infoBody"]

To keep the forum clean and so people know that all threads in certain areas are current and that the OP is likely to still have interest, we archive threads that haven't gotten posts for 2 weeks. This thread is being archived for that reason. If you would like this thread reopened, contact a staff member.