[Interest Check] Eidolons

0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
Premise:

PROLOGUE
Over several hundred years have passed since anyone last saw the last of the Eidolons — their disappearance still a mystery. No one knows where they've gone, or if they're even still out there. But as several hundred years have passed, a new generation of Gaians have taken over the world and as their technology seems to advance, the world seems to stagnate. Mist rises from cracks in the earth and pyreflyes appear upon someone's death, turning into unstable fiends who poses a large threat to the inhabitants of Gaia, and the world is left wondering, "what the heck happened?".

So much knowledge have been lost in the past hundreds of years — the culture of an ancient civilization that is no longer practiced, nor barely exists in written form: Summoners: Summoners were the practitioners of a long, lost sacred art. They were sworn to protect the people of Gaia. Only a chosen few became summoners, who could summon forth — some even control — entities of greater power: The Eidolons. It's believed that summoners could perform a sending, a dance ritual that sends the spirits of the dead to the afterlife lest they become fiends. But as peace flourished between the people of Gaia and the Eidolons, the requests for summoners grew less by the week, and as such, the art of summoning was eventually lost to the tides of time.

As scholars desperately try to understand why the world seem to be stagnating, they come across a scroll detailing the end of all life, claiming it all begins upon the departure of the Gods.

'I dreamed I saw Them flying in the crimson haze of dawn, diamonds caressing the sky like a ripple across still water. There were children crying and colors flying all around the Chosen Ones.'

CHAPTER I.
The scholars did the best they could to dig up everything they could about Summoners and Eidolons — and while there was little to be found, they found enough to recreate the 'cloister of trials' — the training of Summoners, but alas, it wasn't quite that simple. It was eventually made clear that not everyone had the gift of becoming a Summoner, and those that did, were very few and far between. The few that proved themselves with the gift had to undertake a pilgrimage all across Gaia, praying to each of the Eidolons' temples and develop their strength in body and mind. Each summoner was accompanied by one or more Guardians to ensure their safety throughout the journey.

As a character in this world, you hold the power to shift the game. Will you become a Summoner — risking their life to save the world? Will you become a Guardian — tasked with the protection of those in search of ancient beasts of lore? Will you stand in their way and ensure that the Eidolons never return to Gaia? Or will you simply stand on the sidelines, either hoping for the best or simply minding your own business? With the pieces set on the board, what will your move be?

• So essentially what I'm thinking here is that the roleplay starts out where some people are starting to finish training as summoners and some are still being trained. Same goes for the Guardians. So, it's still very early in the "what the heck are we going to do" and the "wHaT iS gOiNg On PlS sEnD hAlP" process. I want the site to naturally grow alongside the characters, but with a little help from staff run events.

• I haven't decided whether to include typical classes, or to simplify it. Rather than being a 'summoner' as a class, maybe you're just a regular person who happen to have the lost ability to summon. And like, instead of being a 'warrior', you're just someone who's averagely good at swinging a sword — ta dah!

• I haven't decided which races to include either. I don't know if I want to go all out original or just pick popular races from each game.

What I need:

• It would be cool to have someone help me create the site. I have the general concept in mind, but it would be nice to have someone to discuss certain things with. I also really suck at boards and locations. Please send help.
  • Someone please do all the advertising. Please.
  • While the site isn't finished, I figure I might as well check out the interest for people beta testing the site when it's ready.
  • People's input is always valuable. Let's hear it. What do you think? Next, what do you honestly think? Do you have any questions? Is there something you'd like to see in a setting like this? Something you don't want to see?

[/b]
    [li]ProBoards (Non negotiable, sorry)[/li][li]Discord[/li][li]No stats (Also non negotiable, unless there's a super simple way to do it that won't make me pull my hair out in pure agony, no offense ;/)[/li][li]More than one, human race.[/li][li]Animanga face claims. They just work better when there's more races involved.[/li][li]It'll be a medieval fantasy ish setting.

General thoughts and musings:[/li][li]Eidolons: I was thinking about making these playable sometime in the future. Maybe add more, but less. Basically, the six Eidolons are the 'main gods' so to say, but who's to say there couldn't be more of them, but less powerful ones? Think Olympians vs. Titans.[/li]
    [/ul]
    You can add me on Discord too! Melusine #3037
    0written posts
    Deletedearned bits
    offlinecurrently
    Deleted
    Deleted Avatar
    Hey, kind words go a long way, too, so thank you! <3

UPDATES:
    • I've decided that the site won't use any templates, but instead, I've added a script that automatically bolds text that has "" in them. This way, no one have to worry about finding templates, making them, spending time setting them up, etc, etc, and people can just focus on writing. I've also edited the posting page a bit to make it look a little nicer. The script also messes up code, so that's a another reason. Lmao.
    • I have a site up with a half finished skin.
    • I'm also considering adding some low key D&D elements, in a game master sense. I'm not entirely sure how I would easily implement this, but it could be a sort of NPC/Game Master effect that could be applied for those who want it. Maybe have some form of request thread where people sign up their thread to have a staff member throw curve balls and monsters at them in a thread. 
    • The site will feature a profile application instead of a regular application. Instead of filling it all out on a template, you'd add everything instead by simply editing your profile.

pronounsHe/Him
    37written posts
    offlinecurrently
    ๖ۣۜLord Orivien Avatar
    melusine Avatar
    May 6, 2020 5:52:35 GMT @melusine said:
    ๖ۣۜLord Orivien Avatar
    A Beastkin race would be cool.
    Beastkin specifically or would any race that allows the player to give their character animal traits (of their choosing) of various degrees?

The latter, I suppose. I was thinking something along the lines of Ajani Goldmane. He’s the FC I had in mind. 👀
    0written posts
    Deletedearned bits
    offlinecurrently
    Deleted
    Deleted Avatar
    ๖ۣۜLord Orivien Avatar
    melusine Avatar
    May 6, 2020 5:52:35 GMT @melusine said:
    Beastkin specifically or would any race that allows the player to give their character animal traits (of their choosing) of various degrees?
    The latter, I suppose. I was thinking something along the lines of Ajani Goldmane. He’s the FC I had in mind. 👀
    Yeah, that would totally work!

I was thinking of adding an original race that are easily distinguished by their bestial traits - where the amount of traits are different for each member of that race (though, I was thinking that each character could only have the traits of one animal or family of animals). So, essentially, people could make a member of this race who has only ears and a tail, whereas others could make someone like Ajani Goldmane.

I feel like this allows for a whole lot of creativity with face claims without having several different races that more or less come back to the same thing. 

So yes, Ajani Goldmane would definitively be okay!
    0written posts
    Deletedearned bits
    offlinecurrently
    Deleted
    Deleted Avatar
    UPDATES:
    Thus far I've added these races:
    - Humes (Humans)
    - Alver (Elves with fangs, basically)
    - Hulder (Bestial beings, ranging from only having animal ears to essentially being animals walking on two legs)
    - Moogles (Because they're cute)

Is there any other races y'all would like to see?

To do list:
    • Finish the lore on the Eidolons.
    • Add the canons (It's going to be a small amount, but key characters, like leaders of different groups will likely be canons to make referencing them in threads a little easier)
    • Finish the banner (Idk what to do with the rest of it yet, yikes)

• Make an affiliate button, or make a request for it.
    • Make an advertisement image, or make a request for it.
    • Make a discord channel.
    • Make a staff search.
    • Plan a beta test.

• I'm not entirely sure what to do with magic. I'd rather not have anything class based (Because I feel like anyone could pick up a sword and be a warrior, ya know?), so I'm thinking maybe giving different abilities to each of the races, or perhaps have a sort of "gifted/not gifted" system. Idk.

• I'm thinking about adding awards, but I think they might end up being sort of pointless, since they'd mostly be there for "hey, look how cool I am with all my badges".

• Having some kind of quest system could be cool. But similarly to awards, I'm worried this might end up being pointless, since I can't think of a way it would be useful. Perhaps adding some kind of renown system could be cool. The more quests a character succeeds, the more people would know of their name. 

• D&D/NPC system: I'm thinking of having a system that helps people move threads and plots along. Need a horde of fiends attacking in your thread, but would prefer a non-partial person to write them for you? Something around the lines of that. Or maybe have a system where people can make requests for random things happening in their threads, like for example, your character(s) is exploring a cave and rather than writing it out all yourself, someone NPCs the events out of your control.
    3,084written posts
    Kitten4uearned bits
    offlinecurrently
    Kitten4u
    Part of the Furniture
    Kitten4u Avatar
    [nospaces]

[attr="class","infoBG"]
    [attr="class","infoBG2"]
    [attr="class","infoBack"]
    [attr="class","infoTitle"][attr="class","fa fa-star-o"] threadarchived
    [attr="class","infoDiv"]

[attr="class","infoBody"]

To keep the forum clean and so people know that all threads in certain areas are current and that the OP is likely to still have interest, we archive threads that haven't gotten posts for 2 weeks. This thread is being archived for that reason. If you would like this thread reopened, contact a staff member.