simon says

pronounsshe + her
13written posts
nianearned bits
offlinecurrently
nian
nian Avatar
shit the description is long lmfaooaoao.

So bear with your girl for a hot second, because I'm literally about to rumble on and on lmao.

Not too long ago (like two hours ago lmao), I was jamming to my playlist pretending to be a superstar because your girl's that delusion. I was also watching a lot of political drama, one in particular is House of Cards (US version). Then, it hit me. Real hard. Like... really hard. A steampunk world where, for whatever reason, using magic is banned except for the government and those with a high class status?

So here it is: Simon Says, a fantasy totalitarian society where magic is illegal, rights are controlled, and wealthy privilege is high. (shutupiknowijustpastedthedescriptionbutiwantedtosayitagainanyway). That's just a really quick synopsis on what the site will be about. BEFORE I GO ON, I actually have a poll up on what the site name should be. It's based around the idea of trying to override control with freedom and freedom with control on the hot topic of magic use, so if you want/can, don't be afraid to vote! Or suggest your own, doesn't matter!

I don't really have much to say because I don't want to go too in dept in what the site will have. You know, considering I literally just pulled this out of thin air just now lmao. In other words, what you're about to read is basically me providing just spinets on what you can expect! And then maybe I can just keep thinking of more stuff to add.

1) First thing's first, what I can tell you is that magic is illegal to the common folk and is only limited to authorities and the wealthy. Basically here's a short summary of what went down:

magic was discovered, it was then taught to others, magic was divided into classes based on how it was used, assholes decide to abuse it, government tries to limit the control of who can actually use magic because of it, general public goes apeshit and tries to overthrow the government, government responds with a heck load of violence, a war breaks out, government goes "you know what? fuck this, let's just ban magic use all together except for us, the rich, and the elite lol." peeps get more mad and government tries to "erase" land that contains magic and replace it with machinery.

2) As I've mentioned before, magic use will be divided into five classes ore more if I decide to make more up. The five of them are pretty simple: one will be based on kinesis, so things like telekinesis, hydrokinesis, pyrokinesis, etc. The second one will be based on the mind and physique, so illusions and enhancing things like speed will be a thing. The third one will be based on familiars/summons, so you can summon some freaky stuff. The fourth one will be based on channeling magic via weaponry. The fifth one will be based on necromancy. Now if you will excuse me, I need to pass out from trying to think of classes on the dot. This is subjected to change.

3) LOTS OF POLITICAL TENSION AND ASSHOLES BEING ASSHOLES. THAT'S IT. THAT'S THE PREVIOUS POINT

4) There may be a few high technology inventions thrown into the mix, mainly things like cyborgs and phones just to spice things up.

5) To add onto my previous point, I may add two more races besides the magical beings: cyborgs and perhaps mutants. What I mean by mutants is that eventually, magic becomes inherent to the point it may alter one's appearance for whatever strange reason. Shut up I'm still working on that. Again, just to spice things up. Just need to figure out how to make it work.

6) MEMBER GROU PS. They're pretty straightforward: we got the gov, the regular folks, the peeps that despise the government, a large ass illegal underground system going on to get by and climb the ranks the wrong way, anti-magic folk who prefers peeps to not know magic (and despises mutants/cyborgs. That is if I were to implement those two), and perhaps the wealthy class can have their own group. There may be more! Who knows!

7) I don't plan to have all the essential stuff be lore heavy, but I will be making optional lore to if peeps want to explore the world more!

8) I also forgot the setting! As I said before, it'll be steampunk mixed with some futuristic elements, but it will also have some fantasy elements in locations. You know, where all the magical shit is flying around.

9) Forum host... probably Jcink? Jcink is just *french kiss* but I may settle for Proboards again. Dunno yet. :shifty eyez:

AAAAAND I think that's it. That's all I have to offer on what to expect! This is what I have for now, and if I do garnish enough interest, I might pull ahead with the idea. Sooooo feel free to post interest, feedback, or any other thoughts you'd like to share. Heck, you can even PM if you want. I may even make a Discord server just to give you real life time updates. : E Y E S :
3,084written posts
Kitten4uearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kitten4u
Part of the Furniture
Kitten4u Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","infoBG"]
[attr="class","infoBG2"]
[attr="class","infoBack"]
[attr="class","infoTitle"][attr="class","fa fa-star-o"] threadarchived
[attr="class","infoDiv"]

[attr="class","infoBody"]

To keep the forum clean and so people know that all threads in certain areas are current and that the OP is likely to still have interest, we archive threads that haven't gotten posts for 2 weeks. This thread is being archived for that reason. If you would like this thread reopened, contact a staff member.