stay and decay

7written posts
bateearned bits
offlinecurrently
bate
bate Avatar
i'm gonna be very honest for a second. i did not expect any interest whatsoever nor the pms that popped up here and there. it warms my heart to know that there's still buzz around the avatar series. with that being said, i promised to elaborate if there was enough interest, therefore i'm going through with it.

in case you haven't seen my post in the quick interest check thread, this was what i initially had in mind for a site:

bate Avatar
maybe something ALTA/LoK inspired? i'm an original lore type of nut so it'll have no ties to the series in terms of the canon timeline and some of the lore. what i'd want to do is go off from the anti-bending arc because boy howdy does that sound dope? i might also add some sort of anarchist bending group that wish to overthrow the idea of bending being governed and instead should be a free for all.

iunno, something like that. i might elaborate in a separate thread if this garners enough interest.

now, to elaborate. i'll try my best to keep it short and sweet so you'll know what to expect from this site.

this'll lean towards legend of korra more than atla in setting. the setting just seems to fit perfectly for what i have in mind for the site idea. plus, technological advancements is a 10/10. here's the catch: there'll be no republic city, but the site will borrow two things from the series; elements (duh), pro-bending (in ic aspect) the technology, and the equalists. so, why can't i just use lok's setting instead of creating something else in lore? because for me, original lore just strikes me better and more fun to create. plus, it'll be easier for those that haven't watched the series at all to jump in at ease.

the plot will be fairly simple to sum up: society favors benders more, therefore nonbenders feel like second class citizens and refuse to conform to society's expectations. instead, they revolt against the notion with a goal to exterminate all benders. meanwhile, an anarchist group lurks behind the shadows and tries to use the opportunity to take down the government (it'll make more sense once i actually get into creating lore for these groups). due to that, i forsee politics playing a big role (but not to the point where it's just politics)

the setting itself will somewhat be similar to republic setting in terms of technology, but the environment will have that "go big or go home" type of feel to it with a high case of criminality lurking around with the anarchist and equalist groups being the excuse of it.

member groups are pretty straight forward: you got the citizens (pro-benders may also be bunched into this), the government & military, the equalists, the anarchists, a black market group because crime is sort of a norm in this setting, and perhaps a school for benders.

elements will still be the same, but i might add some new ones. there may be a system as to obtaining the sub elements like ice, but it won't be crazy complicated. very simple. i also might include a scaling of power of some sort, most likely by ranks. perhaps alphabetical like a, b, c, etc. just to emphasize that combat plays a big role, but it won't be all about combat. this section of the idea may get slashed out, but we'll see.

canon positions will exist, but will not be stars or "the main cast" of the site.

i think that's pretty much all i wanted to cover. again, i wanted to keep it short and sweet without being too descriptive. these were just ideas that rolled in my head for now.

with all of that being said, feel free to ask any questions or anything else you'd like to say. i've also created a discord server if you'd like to jump in and get some live updates. and just in advance, pardon me for being a noob on discord. i'm still kinda new to it lmao.
7written posts
bateearned bits
offlinecurrently
bate
bate Avatar
i'll be honest, i've been slacking off for a little bit because motivation was dry, but i have managed to write up a plot, basic site necessities such as rules, and rough drafts of the member groups. i do plan to dive deeper into optional lore, but that'll be saved until i finish more important stuff like locations, character app, etc.
3,084written posts
Kitten4uearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kitten4u
Part of the Furniture
Kitten4u Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","infoBG"]
[attr="class","infoBG2"]
[attr="class","infoBack"]
[attr="class","infoTitle"][attr="class","fa fa-star-o"] threadarchived
[attr="class","infoDiv"]

[attr="class","infoBody"]

To keep the forum clean and so people know that all threads in certain areas are current and that the OP is likely to still have interest, we archive threads that haven't gotten posts for 2 weeks. This thread is being archived for that reason. If you would like this thread reopened, contact a staff member.