site shopping! written Jun 5, 2020 13:25:42 GMT via mobile
pronounshe/they
109written posts
elgyemearned bits
offlinecurrently
elgyem
elgyem Avatar
Hello!

I'm looking for a new RPG home to jump into. The last/current site I'm a part of, I've been a member for over a year and an active participant but ready to spread my wings back into animanga/humans.

Side note, I am in the process of training for a new job. I'm working about 50 hours a week during June, so I'll likely only be actively posting on the weekends! I love interacting with communities and seeking out plots, but am a bit slower due to my current work schedule.

I prefer jcink over proboards, but I am willing to look at both/any. I am also fond of short posts. I do have the tendency to write whatever length happens/is necessary for the situation, but I dislike feeling pressured to meet a specific word count quota.

I tend to write either slice of life or fantasy/supernatural genres. Mixes of both are great, too! Huge bonus if original artwork is allowed, but not a dealbreaker, I know that it's rarer to find. I have a gallery of my characters and their artwork, however, if you'd like to check them out prior.

I am open to other genres! I prefer fictional locations, however, as I'm not very familiar with the systems of other countries and don't wanna mess those up or offend anyone.
0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar

Hey there!!

Well, I suppose I might as well shoot my shot.

I admin for the site in my signature. It's a modern slice of life with crime and drama elements taking place in Tokyo. There really isn't a plot, it's pretty open for charas to carry on as they please. We have a few yakuza members floating around along with a hacking/wetwork syndicate recently formed. All that said, being a day-trader or something mundane is absolutely fine too. We just want people to write what they want.

Original artwork is totally fine, and there is no word count as well.

If it's not your cup of tea, that's absolutely fine, just trying to help you spread those wings! If you want to join the discord, you can hop right in and we will answer any questions.

Good luck on your journey!! :3

edit : we are proboards as well, just fyi!
last edit on Jun 5, 2020 15:32:46 GMT by Deleted
pronounsshe/her
81written posts
Lacunaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Lacuna
Lacuna Avatar
we're all dancing to the same sad song
Heya Elgyem! Thought I'd slide Ex Malo Bonum your way. It's an original fantasy/cyberpunk RP. Not a mixture in the usual sense, but as in there is a fantasy world and a cyberpunk world. Right now, the plot has been moving steadily toward an all out war, but aside from events and stratagems most threads are casual if not geared toward more serious topics. Combat threads are also an option though, with most members being willing to do them if it makes sense and the possible consequences are understood by all parties!

We're jcink premium and we don't have a word count. I would say our average count per post is around 3-400? Some go higher, while others go much lower. Really depends on what's going on in the thread.

We do allow original art as long as it's drawn/commissioned by the one using it, so you're good there!

As for activity, our requirements are 1 post per month per character or 1 post per 2 weeks for a high position. So posting only on the weekends is more than fine as long as you communicate and let people know you won't be active outside certain times.

If you have any questions, you can feel free to PM me on here or reach me in the discord. I understand EMB isn't everyone's cup of tea though, so if I don't see you around, I hope you find a neat place to lay down some roots!
pronounsshe/her
35written posts
finleyearned bits
offlinecurrently
finley
finley Avatar
Hi Elgyem! If you're looking for a jcink fantasy site, I'd love to recommend Something Holy to you! We're a jcink premium dark fantasy site, and there's no word count so many of our members tend to write longer posts and shorter/rapid-fire posts depending on who they're threading with.

Unfortunately, Something Holy doesn't allow original art, but all of us are very eager to help members who are looking for a new face claim.

The site's activity requirements are very lax, so if you're interested please feel free to look around the site or pop in the discord to say hi!

Either way, I really hope you find a site and a community, even if it's not with us. <3
last edit on Jun 5, 2020 17:42:27 GMT by finley
pronounsshe/her
46written posts
lavenderearned bits
offlinecurrently
lavender
lavender Avatar
hi elgyem!

i have a simple life to offer you! we are a premium jcink site that is a mix of slice of life and supernatural. we are focused in a small town and have the option for members to create magical beings that live in that town as well!

we have no word count or activity requirements and we do have a mix of both long and short threads. also, like a few other sites have mentioned, original artwork would only be allowed if you have drawn it yourself or have commissioned it from an artist. just to be on the safe side with have permission to use it! we do have a face claim channel on our discord though and a handful of members that love helping pick face claims if needed! 

good luck on your search! i hope you can find something to fit what you're looking for!
Feline Overlord
aliasChibi
pronounsShe/Her
1,779written posts
Chibi Magicianearned bits
offlinecurrently
Chibi Magician
Spring '21 Dev Completionist
Chibi Magician Avatar
Pure Gremlin Energy
Hey there, ! Perhaps The Duality of Man could provide a comfortable home for your role-play craving soul? We are an animanga modern fantasy role-play with a laid method activity requirements. We have no posting thresholds, instead opting to have a bi-monthly activity check; staff DMs/PMs are also open as an alternative method for unexpected inactivity. Slow posting is acceptable! I myself can be a slow poster, so I am sure nobody would mind in our friendly little community! c:

On the downside, we are a ProBoards site, so I understand if that is an issue. Furthermore, we do have a 50 word count for posts then the appearance and history sections on the application require at least 1 five sentence paragraph. Those are the only length related requirements we have and they are more designed to stave away dreaded one-liners. Otherwise, length is not a concern on TDOM with our players gladly taking the posts handed to them!

We do accept original art on TDOM, all we ask is to know the artist(s) name/alias (even if it is your own) and have a gallery (DeviantArt, Pixiv, etc.) to link back to. We do ask that original art is fully coloured.

TDOM’s setting is in the real world, based in Newfoundland, Canada in the fictional city of Lorsette and another fictional village called Aria. We have allowed the flexing of Canadian laws for the sake of interest, furthermore, the site has magic so we try not to be sticklers about where plants grow and such! The most specific flexing of laws is with the weapon-based restrictions seen in Canada so citizens can legally own weapons. We are a chill group, so no worries about any errors!

If you have any questions, you are welcomed to ask for my discord or send them through PM. I will gladly answer anything you may have! Anyways, thank you for your time and consideration! Have a fantastic day!

Plot Synopsis
The Duality of Man is a laid-back role-play set thousands of years after the war between Heaven and Hell (the War of Traitors), a war that tore apart the species. Akari (Heaven’s Goddess) and Volos (Hell’s God) fought for 200 years and decimated the gateway between their realms, Earth. The fight was brutal, with family betraying one another to fight alongside the god they believed in. The battles caused significant damage to Earth, causing Enki (Earth’s God) to search for a way to end the dispute. He pled with Akari and Volos to cease their battle, but neither side would listen. In desperation, Enki contacted Thanatos (Purgatory’s God) and convinced him to assist him in a mission to stop the fighting. The pair were successful and sealed Akari and Volos to their realms, closing the gates and ultimately making it so nobody could leave or enter either dimension. The use of the intense binding magic forced Enki to retreat and fall into a deep sleep while Thanatos returned to his realm. After the devastating war, they could only see the duality between one another.

Thousands of years later, little had changed as a new war has arrived on Earth. A woman named Zeredah searches to cause a widespread revolution, bringing with her horrible creatures called terrors to assist her deeds. She created the Assembly of Phantoms and is bent of separating the species groups to cease the fighting and bring forth a strict rule. To oppose her, the Terror Response Syndicate (TRS) was formed in an attempt to counter her heinous acts. However, with the species only noticing the differences between one another, will dualism conquer, or will they come together to defeat their foes?
last edit on Jun 5, 2020 18:45:41 GMT by Chibi Magician

ic for a dystopian fantasy role-play
pronounshe/him
880written posts
Desmond Milesearned bits
offlinecurrently
Desmond Miles
Part of the Furniture
Desmond Miles Avatar
we will have peace at any cost
Hey  !

Okay okay....so today I have for you Patisserie, the Harvest Moon rp!

Don't know anything about Harvest Moon? Ah that's okay, no prior knowledge needed! Patisserie is set in the small farming village of Sugar Ridge, which is watched over by the mysterious (and suspiciously absent) Harvest Goddess known as Chef Cherie. The village has fallen on hard times in the last few decades, but newcomers are arriving in the village once more, and there's excitement in the air again...

Features that you're looking for include:
-Jcink Hosting
-animanga FCs, with an allowance of original art/aesthetic/no FCs.
-We're ultimately a plot driven slice of life site. Participation in the plot is optional, but if you might find it affecting your character's life in some form.
-We have a rough word count of about 100 (we're not gonna actually go in and make sure you're writing exactly 100 words though, who has time for that???)
-The majority of members and staff are all working adults who also part or full time in college, so we fully embrace slower posting speeds
-Our site takes place in a vague sorta "AU" to the real world, as following the same vague setting of the Harvest Moon franchise. No Los Angeles, no Chicago, or New York, or London, or Berlin. Just "the world", you, and a farm....
-We only allow humans on our site with no magic allowed for the time being

If you think that sounds interesting, then please come check us out! If you have any questions, we have a guest friendly Q&A forum for you to post in, our you can jump in through our discord (which does NOT announce you when you arrive).

patisseriehmrp.jcink.net/index.php?act=idx

If we're not what you're looking for, then hey, no problem, good luck with your search!

Now serving!
pronounshe/they
109written posts
elgyemearned bits
offlinecurrently
elgyem
elgyem Avatar
Aaa wow, I wasn't expecting so many responses! Thank you all so much for them <3 I loved reading about all your sites and will check around each in depth today! May pop into some discords to chat, also.

For reference, all my original characters do have commissioned art with proper credits! I read into artist TOS carefully and always ask in case. Of course, I'll be linking to their gallery on toyhou.se with all proper credits listed if I do use them on any sites :D
3,084written posts
Kitten4uearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kitten4u
Part of the Furniture
Kitten4u Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","infoBG"]
[attr="class","infoBG2"]
[attr="class","infoBack"]
[attr="class","infoTitle"][attr="class","fa fa-star-o"] threadarchived
[attr="class","infoDiv"]

[attr="class","infoBody"]

To keep the forum clean and so people know that all threads in certain areas are current and that the OP is likely to still have interest, we archive threads that haven't gotten posts for 2 weeks. This thread is being archived for that reason. If you would like this thread reopened, contact a staff member.