Adding a default template on Jcink?

pronounsThey/Them
544written posts
Coyoteearned bits
offlinecurrently
Coyote
Part of the Furniture
Coyote Avatar
OKAY SO apologies for my terrible terrible wording on the title? What I'm trying to figure out is how to set a default posting template, I've seen some sites have it so that when you wrap your post in [post] words[/*post] it'll style it automatically? Like it'll add a specific color to bolded and italicized font and close it up in a nice and neat box? How does one do that?

I'm specifically asking for Jcink, I don't want to do anything fancy, I just want for the post tag to close it in a neat div box with the post all neat and justified? But I'm not sure how people set that! Any help would be awesome!
phantom of the black parade
pronounsshe / her pronouns
4,236written posts
Kuroyaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kuroya
Part of the Furniture
Kuroya Avatar
at this, the world's end, do we cast off tomorrow~!
it'll be under the custom ubbc codes option in the acp. you do add new ubbc code, make it "post" or something like that, and then make the inner contents something along the lines of <center><div class="defposttemp">(PARAM1)</div></center>

add in your styling for the .defposttemp class in the css (custom coloring on the bold and italics would probably be via .defposttemp i and .defposttemp b) and make sure that you've turned on the custom ubbc code under the options under that category in the acp and it should work out. (though i can't 1000000% guarantee it since oops i'm working off memory not the actual acp so i might not have the exact names right but you can get the idea i think.)
last edit on Jun 17, 2020 2:18:03 GMT by Kuroya

the endless hunt
aliasleto, blobert, crow
pronounshe / they
1,370written posts
ullaearned bits
offlinecurrently
ulla
Administrator
ulla Avatar
in turning divine, we tangle endlessly

it's not too difficult! in the jcink admin control panel at the very bottom there's the custom bbcodes section (you may have to enable these in the general settings, but i can't truly remember off the top of my head right now). you can create default codes for pretty much anything and define them as you want.

i.e. here's what my site's blockquote code looks like in the custom bbcode section:
<div align="center"><div class="blockBG"><div class="blockIn">(PARAM1)</div></div></div>

and then i've styled the blockBG and blockIn classes in my skin style sheet to get them to look how i want.
phantom of the black parade
pronounsshe / her pronouns
4,236written posts
Kuroyaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kuroya
Part of the Furniture
Kuroya Avatar
at this, the world's end, do we cast off tomorrow~!
ulla Avatar
(you may have to enable these in the general settings, but i can't truly remember off the top of my head right now).

you do have to enable them, it's just in the "manage bbc codes" option under the "bbc codes" category in the acp, not in the general settings. i remember because i had to set them up recently on a site and i forgot that this was a thing.

rest of that was honestly probably a lot clearer than my rambling mess tbeh oops-

3,084written posts
Kitten4uearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kitten4u
Part of the Furniture
Kitten4u Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","infoBG"]
[attr="class","infoBG2"]
[attr="class","infoBack"]
[attr="class","infoTitle"][attr="class","fa fa-star-o"] threadarchived
[attr="class","infoDiv"]

[attr="class","infoBody"]

To keep the forum clean and so people know that all threads in certain areas are current and that the OP is likely to still have interest, we archive threads that haven't gotten posts for 2 weeks. This thread is being archived for that reason. If you would like this thread reopened, contact a staff member.