Post by 「ラグナ」 on Aug 6, 2020 13:55:48 GMT
I'm looking for a Jcink skinner for my site Kismet Divided and I can finally afford it (yay!). My budget is $200; I can add a little bit more than that if necessary, but I'd rather not go too much higher if possible. Having looked around, that seemed like the usual budget so hopefully it's okay. I'm looking for the following elements:
• Wide header (like how we have now, but I'm open to suggestions so long as it's wide)
• Needs to fit a 17" screen monitor as well as smaller screens without coming off too awkward or empty. I'm not a fan of skinny/narrow forums because I have a larger screen/resolution.
• Quick links + a spot where we can list current event news + a list of past events. I also like a single gif in this section because it breaks up the stillness of everything.
• Custom forum index look (I really like it when the OOC boards and the IC boards are formatted differently, especially with the long/wide area pictures. Can use placeholders for the time being and I'll add forum graphics later).
• Custom mini-profile (so far, my favourite format is horizontal strip + vertical strip with avatar). I don't really want hovers for the avatars, I'd rather info be laid out underneath the avatars.
• Custom main-profile (we really don't use this except to get recent posts, apps, and other standard links. Everything else is useless, so it can be fairly simple).
• Custom info/stats/online/whatever section to match the rest of the skin
• Redoing our information area to fit the new skin. I've had it set up as tabs since day 1, and I'd like it to stay like that. But I'd like it to suit the new skin.
• Membergroup colour things... to reflect in mini/main profiles/etc, please xD
• Affiliates table (optional)
• Dark but not too dark. I think the level of darkness we have now is good. Anything much darker is just too dark. Any accent colour is fine. I imagine that would change depending upon the header/graphic used.
Things I don't want
• Too cluttered. Sometimes, but not very often, I'll come across a skin that has too many shapes, colours, words, symbols, et cetera all condensely compact or organised in a very unfriendly-to-read way. They look great as an art piece, but they're not very practical for every day use. I kind of like the classy, clean, yet still appealing look if that makes sense. XD
• Vertical/tilted fonts
• Animated/pulsing symbols
• I'll pay the first half upfront as a downpayment when the skinner can start skinning and no sooner, and then I'll pay the remaining half once the skin is complete to make sure it gets completed. I don't want to pay that much money and then wait several months for my commission to be even started. It just makes me a little nervous.
• There's no particular time I need it, but if the skinner could give me a timeframe of how long it usually takes them to finish a skin/order, then we can go about making a deadline off of that if a deadline helps.
• I'd really appreciate seeing photoshop skin mock-ups to choose/see which route I like best. I'm not very good at web design or even envisioning it, so mock-ups will help me see what the skinner is trying to convey.
If able/interested in taking up my commission, please PM me here on PP! If necessary, I can give my discord in private.
P.S. Please don't be offended if I decline your offer to skin, or if I don't give the OK right away. It doesn't mean your work isn't fantastic, it just means that someone else either has a vision/style that speaks more to me or I just want to see options. A lot of people seem to be closed for commissions right now, but if possible I'd like to see what's available.
Thank you for taking the time to read this ultra long request. xD