Adding fonts to Jcink?

pronounsThey/Them
544written posts
Coyoteearned bits
offlinecurrently
Coyote
Part of the Furniture
Coyote Avatar
So I've been googling for an answer to this question for hours and can't find anything reliable, I KNOW it can be done but I'm not sure the process that goes into making it happen?

I'd like to add some new fonts to my site but I'm not sure how to...Do that? I knew how on Proboards but Jcink is a different beast and it's something I've never tried to do before!

Thank you for the help or even just for peeping at this!
the endless hunt
aliasleto, blobert, crow
pronounshe / they
1,370written posts
ullaearned bits
offlinecurrently
ulla
Administrator
ulla Avatar
in turning divine, we tangle endlessly

, assuming you mean other than google fonts, you can host fonts in the style sheet using the following code:

@font-face {
    font-family: 'FontName';
    src: url('FONTURL') format('truetype');
    font-weight: normal;
}

you set the font name to the name you wish to call it with, and have to link a .ttf or .otf file into the font url section (which you can get by uploading said file into jcink's file uploader).

if you mean google fonts, you can still host those the same way that you do on proboards in the forum wrapper with the embed code (replace "Font+Name" with the name of the font, denoting spaces with + signs):

<link href="https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Font+Name" rel="stylesheet">
last edit on Oct 1, 2020 15:13:37 GMT by ulla
the endless hunt
aliasleto, blobert, crow
pronounshe / they
1,370written posts
ullaearned bits
offlinecurrently
ulla
Administrator
ulla Avatar
in turning divine, we tangle endlessly

i also would like to add that the @font-face host is also how you can host external fonts onto proboards within the style sheet (i made it sound like it was a jcink exclusive feature in my last post, it's universal). as long as you have the font file url you can use external fonts in pretty much everything
3,084written posts
Kitten4uearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kitten4u
Part of the Furniture
Kitten4u Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","infoBG"]
[attr="class","infoBG2"]
[attr="class","infoBack"]
[attr="class","infoTitle"][attr="class","fa fa-star-o"] threadarchived
[attr="class","infoDiv"]

[attr="class","infoBody"]

To keep the forum clean and so people know that all threads in certain areas are current and that the OP is likely to still have interest, we archive threads that haven't gotten posts for 2 weeks. This thread is being archived for that reason. If you would like this thread reopened, contact a staff member.