pronounsThey/Them
544written posts
Coyoteearned bits
offlinecurrently
Coyote
Part of the Furniture
Coyote Avatar

What Is it?

Boombastia will be a modern fantasy roleplay set in the same world that the Pixar film Onward set up, it will be a semi-plot driven site, but largely slice-of-life. The bulk of the roleplay will involve OCs, but canon characters from the film will be allowed to be played!

Semi-Plot Driven?

We're picking up shortly after the end of the film, magic is starting to slowly but surely enter the world again and with it will inevitably come changes. For many people change is scary, and with something as unpredictable as magic, no one is really sure how to govern it safely. A lot of the conflict is going to come from refusal to change, and how the plot actually runs will depend on who plays governmental positions.

I haven't seen the film though!

Hey that's totally fine! The only reference to the movie will be a plot summary and how it effects the current events in the world. For the most part the plot of the forum wont rely on knowing any deep details about the film, we'll have a summary of it though for people who haven't seen it.

Overview

- Jcink premium hosted
- 3 | 2 | 3 Rating
- Animated/Illustrated face claims with the option for aesthetic images and written descriptions instead
- LGBTQ+ Characters welcome and encouraged
- Canon and OC characters
- No strict activity checks or word counts

If you have any questions or ideas feel free to ask or add them here!
4written posts
cowbellearned bits
offlinecurrently
cowbell
cowbell Avatar
Well, as I said before, I’m totally interested to see this idea implemented as an RP! I’ve even had a vague character plot bunny hopping around my head since reading your original post, so that’s exciting.

I’m curious, in terms of the setting, do you think the main focus will be on the city where the film takes place, with other more far-flung areas available for adventuring and such? Just wondering, since I’m sure the effects of magic could extend pretty far, but it might be easier to encourage character interaction in a limited setting.
pronounsThey/Them
544written posts
Coyoteearned bits
offlinecurrently
Coyote
Part of the Furniture
Coyote Avatar
cowbell Avatar
Well, as I said before, I’m totally interested to see this idea implemented as an RP! I’ve even had a vague character plot bunny hopping around my head since reading your original post, so that’s exciting.

I’m curious, in terms of the setting, do you think the main focus will be on the city where the film takes place, with other more far-flung areas available for adventuring and such? Just wondering, since I’m sure the effects of magic could extend pretty far, but it might be easier to encourage character interaction in a limited setting.
Awesome! I'm actually gonna post an ad here soon and I'll PM you links!

As for your question, starting out we're definitely centralized on New Mushroomton and the areas around it that we see in the film, there's definitely the potential to maybe add unique cities around the area but for starters we're keeping it fairly small for the sake of encouraging interaction rather than spreading characters too thin!
3,084written posts
Kitten4uearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kitten4u
Part of the Furniture
Kitten4u Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","infoBG"]
[attr="class","infoBG2"]
[attr="class","infoBack"]
[attr="class","infoTitle"][attr="class","fa fa-star-o"] threadarchived
[attr="class","infoDiv"]

[attr="class","infoBody"]

To keep the forum clean and so people know that all threads in certain areas are current and that the OP is likely to still have interest, we archive threads that haven't gotten posts for 2 weeks. This thread is being archived for that reason. If you would like this thread reopened, contact a staff member.