Orian

0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
So, What’s This About?

Orian is a faction-based modern fantasy roleplay based primarily on the D&D setting Eberron, with some Magic: the GatheringKingdom Hearts, and Soul Eater sprinkled in. The plot follows the inhabitants of the titular fantastical city of Orian, located in the nation of Attivia; there, a demonic cult known as Demogorgon is committing terror attacks, and the only people standing between it and its dark goals are the state-sanctioned Fiend Hunters.

Orian uses illustrated face-claims and is set in a time period with technology analogous to ours, although more futuristic technology will be available to player characters. Although I hesitate to call it cyberpunk for thematic reasons, it takes many cues from cyberpunk shows; players will be able to augment their abilities using magical cybernetics. Players will have to choose between either the Republic or the criminal organization Demogorgon, to avoid lack of conflict.

The primary draw of this site is its race creation mechanic. Members will be able to create new races (within a handful of limits) or choose from an extensive list of pre-existing ones. Other than that, we have a fairly open-ended powers system in mind, although a few ground rules will have to be established for that too. 

This idea’s been in the works for some time, and has gone through many iterations throughout the year or so that I’ve had it. First it started out as an RP site, then a tabletop campaign setting, then a novella – then, when I realized that it really only made sense to make it a sandbox, I decided to make it an RP site again.

Needs

I really really really need someone to handle the skinning for me, as I believe that's my weakest area. If sufficient interest is generated in this, I'll post a staff search up, but if I can get one as early as now that'd be great. Other than that, I have most of the stuff down to pat already, given the iterative nature of this project: I have the site domain reserved and all the areas fleshed out.

If this gets five or more likes, I'll put up a staff search! I really don't know where I'm going with any of this.
last edit on Oct 26, 2020 0:59:05 GMT by Deleted
3,084written posts
Kitten4uearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kitten4u
Part of the Furniture
Kitten4u Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","infoBG"]
[attr="class","infoBG2"]
[attr="class","infoBack"]
[attr="class","infoTitle"][attr="class","fa fa-star-o"] threadarchived