I think I broke something...

pronounsThey/Them
544written posts
Coyoteearned bits
offlinecurrently
Coyote
Part of the Furniture
Coyote Avatar
I believe I broke the user profiles? For some reason when I go to click anything in the edit profile portion nothing is responding? I can't seem to edit my avatar or click over to a different tab at all? The cursor changed to a finger like it wants to click but clicking doesn't do anything?

mythfell.boards.net/

I've tried resetting the layout templates and all of the user profile templates regarding user profiles (edit profiles and uer profile layout templates) to default to no avail, so I'm not sure what's actually broken...

Thank you for looking!  ;o;

214written posts
✦ MADearned bits
offlinecurrently
✦ MAD
✦ MAD Avatar
[nospaces]

Usually what I do is right-click and inspect to look at the code. Try that and see if you can find what the issue could be? I can't look at profiles to tell what the issue could be (guests have no access to the profile bit. I could make an account to check though). Maybe someone else with more know-how might be able to tell what's wrong since I tend to work on jcink.

last edit on Jan 3, 2021 5:27:09 GMT by ✦ MAD
aliaswissh
pronounshe/him
168written posts
FYEearned bits
offlinecurrently
FYE
FYE Avatar
for your entertainment ;D
First thing I'd try is finding this in LAYOUT TEMPLATES --> FORUM WRAPPER:
<main id="content">

And replace that with this:
<div id="content" role="main">

I was able to replicate the issue you're describing by putting what shows in your code in a clean install of the PB theme, so hopefully it's as easy as that. I'm not well versed in things PB, but the second thing I'd take a look at is whether or not you've deleted some sort of JS library PB usually has all set up to run their bits and bobbles.

Let me know if that works. If not, I'll get back to the drawing board. ^^
last edit on Jan 3, 2021 5:49:14 GMT by FYE

c o m i n g s o o n

discord: wisshfye
pronounsThey/Them
544written posts
Coyoteearned bits
offlinecurrently
Coyote
Part of the Furniture
Coyote Avatar
FYE Avatar
<main id="content">

I was able to replicate the issue you're describing by putting what shows in your code in a clean install of the PB theme, so hopefully it's as easy as that. I'm not well versed in things PB, but the second thing I'd take a look at is whether or not you've deleted some sort of JS library PB usually has all set up to run their bits and bobbles.

This didn't seem to work but I noticed you made an account, I can give you temp admin permissions if you want to maybe take a closer look? 

I'm wary to reset the stylesheet just because of all the custom junk I have in place that I don't want to have to re-do, but if push comes to shove I'll probably do that and start over on colors and stuff ;o;
aliaswissh
pronounshe/him
168written posts
FYEearned bits
offlinecurrently
FYE
FYE Avatar
for your entertainment ;D
Coyote Avatar
FYE Avatar
<main id="content">

This didn't seem to work but I noticed you made an account, I can give you temp admin permissions if you want to maybe take a closer look? 

I'm wary to reset the stylesheet just because of all the custom junk I have in place that I don't want to have to re-do, but if push comes to shove I'll probably do that and start over on colors and stuff ;o;

Well that's a bugger. Honestly, it might be best to copy the stylesheet as you currently have it into a document or something (that way you don't lose anything) and then reset the stylesheet as she is on the board. From there I'd recommend adding things slowly, checking after each edit to see what might be causing the break.

If you want to give me temp permissions, I can try to take a look so you can avoid needing to do all that. There's really only a couple more things that I think it could be, I just need to poke around to see where a particular "::before tick is coming from that I think might be the culprit then.

I'll continue poking around in the code on my little test page, but go ahead and DM me if the temp perm thing is something you'd be okay with me looking at. Otherwise I'll be back in a few. c:
last edit on Jan 3, 2021 6:28:06 GMT by FYE

c o m i n g s o o n

discord: wisshfye
pronounsThey/Them
544written posts
Coyoteearned bits
offlinecurrently
Coyote
Part of the Furniture
Coyote Avatar
OKAY I ended up having to reset the forum wrapper, which is fine! I have the codes for it saved elsewhere but that's where the issue was happening, resetting that layout template seemed to fix the issue!

I think I've got it figured out from here thank you so much for the help!
3,084written posts
Kitten4uearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kitten4u
Part of the Furniture
Kitten4u Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","infoBG"]
[attr="class","infoBG2"]
[attr="class","infoBack"]
[attr="class","infoTitle"][attr="class","fa fa-star-o"] threadarchived
[attr="class","infoDiv"]

[attr="class","infoBody"]

To keep the forum clean and so people know that all threads in certain areas are current and that the OP is likely to still have interest, we archive threads that haven't gotten posts for 2 weeks. This thread is being archived for that reason. If you would like this thread reopened, contact a staff member.