pronounsMale
1,702written posts
Mouseearned bits
offlinecurrently
Mouse
Part of the Furniture
Mouse Avatar
where fears and lies melt away.
Hello! I was wondering if I could get someone to look over the site that I'm working on and give me their thoughts?

It's still not finished mind you, but I've got a lot of information up and I'd like to see if any of it makes sense to someone besides me. I'd also like to know if the colors I'm using for the skin are an eyesore or not. My sense of color can be hit or miss sometimes >.<

Site Link
pronounshe/him
880written posts
Desmond Milesearned bits
offlinecurrently
Desmond Miles
Part of the Furniture
Desmond Miles Avatar
we will have peace at any cost
Hey there! Okay so, I'll preface this by saying I am NOT a KH fan. I've never played the games before, I don't know the story, I just know the basics of it being Final Fantasy meets Disney, and that's it. So, when I get to the rules and guides section, that's the perspective I'll have as I read over them. Also, if there was an interest check for this, I didn't read it, so all information will be brand tp new me. Just an fyi. Anyway, let's see what we got!

Skin: My first thought was "oh, dark.  ???  " Dark with not much in the ways of contrast. Not that it upsets me, but my eyesight is just personally So Bad as it is. Is there an option for a light version, or with more contrast for hard of sight folks? Just wondering! The forum descriptions, I also find heard to read. The text is small, and again, all the colors surrounding it almost blend in with each other. I would at least suggest bumping the font size up.

Rules: Quick, simple, to the point! Nothing more to say, except I would like to know upfront if prior knowledge of KH is needed to join the site, as I find that later, it is a panfandom. 

Plot: Seems simple enough, though, I never would have guessed this would be a panfandom until I looked here. Perhaps that should be stated more clearly elsewhere? Like in the banner? A "kingdom hearts panfandom rp" next to LAST HOPE in the banner would be nice.

Command Decks: This is where things get a little confusing. I have no idea what most of the abilities are or what really goes into a command deck to begin with. This is mainly telling me that the site is more for fans of the games, and who have played them, and it isn't quite friendly to newcomers. I'm also wondering why everyone needs to have one? I understand it acts as an inventory system, but I'm curious as to why someone would need certain abilities ready to go. Is this going to become plot relevant?

Keyblades: I think? I understand everything here just fine? I don't have any questions so far about it, so I'll leave that be.

That's all I have to say for now! Hopefully someone with more KH knowledge will be able to leave a more enlightening review, but I just wanted to give an outsider perspective on it. I will be eager to see where you go with this and how it develops. Good luck!

Now serving!
Rodent King
aliasditz
pronounsMale
1,702written posts
Mouseearned bits
offlinecurrently
Mouse
Part of the Furniture
Mouse Avatar
where fears and lies melt away.
Desmond Miles Avatar
Hey there! Okay so, I'll preface this by saying I am NOT a KH fan. I've never played the games before, I don't know the story, I just know the basics of it being Final Fantasy meets Disney, and that's it. So, when I get to the rules and guides section, that's the perspective I'll have as I read over them. Also, if there was an interest check for this, I didn't read it, so all information will be brand tp new me. Just an fyi. Anyway, let's see what we got!

Skin: My first thought was "oh, dark.  ???  " Dark with not much in the ways of contrast. Not that it upsets me, but my eyesight is just personally So Bad as it is. Is there an option for a light version, or with more contrast for hard of sight folks? Just wondering! The forum descriptions, I also find heard to read. The text is small, and again, all the colors surrounding it almost blend in with each other. I would at least suggest bumping the font size up.

Rules: Quick, simple, to the point! Nothing more to say, except I would like to know upfront if prior knowledge of KH is needed to join the site, as I find that later, it is a panfandom. 

Plot: Seems simple enough, though, I never would have guessed this would be a panfandom until I looked here. Perhaps that should be stated more clearly elsewhere? Like in the banner? A "kingdom hearts panfandom rp" next to LAST HOPE in the banner would be nice.

Command Decks: This is where things get a little confusing. I have no idea what most of the abilities are or what really goes into a command deck to begin with. This is mainly telling me that the site is more for fans of the games, and who have played them, and it isn't quite friendly to newcomers. I'm also wondering why everyone needs to have one? I understand it acts as an inventory system, but I'm curious as to why someone would need certain abilities ready to go. Is this going to become plot relevant?

Keyblades: I think? I understand everything here just fine? I don't have any questions so far about it, so I'll leave that be.

That's all I have to say for now! Hopefully someone with more KH knowledge will be able to leave a more enlightening review, but I just wanted to give an outsider perspective on it. I will be eager to see where you go with this and how it develops. Good luck!

Thank you for taking the time to look things over!

I'm currently in the middle of making adjustments to the skins colors. I realized it was a bit darker than I wanted it to be. I plan to use a brighter red and a touch more yellow/gold to the theme overall.

For the Command Decks, I hadn't realized I was describing them like everyone knew what I was talking about. I'll definitely have to go through and rewrite it. On their requirement, it's partially due to plot relevance. But it's also because of the Support Abilities.

It's yet to be written, but there is going to be a Synthesis/Alchemy system in place. Alongside a cooking mechanic that will both have a corresponding Support Ability tied to them. The command deck will also be used to track them.

Although, I suppose members might not want any part of that either. Making it required just for that seems silly now that I'm typing it out.

Also will definitely add the panfandom bit to the banner.
last edit on Jan 8, 2021 3:33:43 GMT by Mouse
phantom of the black parade
pronounsshe / her pronouns
4,235written posts
Kuroyaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kuroya
Part of the Furniture
Kuroya Avatar
at this, the world's end, do we cast off tomorrow~!
okay so. i know a lot of this is gonna be. negative so. i will apologize in advance for that - it's nothing personal, i'm just.... really bad at doing more positive reviews since i just tend to focus more on the stuff that "needs to be tweaked" over anything else so. catch me screaming softly into the abyss for this.

in terms of an actual site review.....
taking a quick run of general site skin stuff, uh. my eyes kind of gloss over where the board descriptions are but that's more of a design thing than anything.

working backwards through your recent threads, we'll start with the command decks + abilities - and there's a lot to unpack here. it's definitely not really explained well in terms of what you're looking for if someone's not familiar with kingdom hearts / final fantasy and unless this is how you're intending to handle the "powers section" of an app form, it's.... a bit of a yikes that they're mandatory even if you have no intention of participating in combat. (not gonna lie, my first thought was actually "okay but if i have light yagami, who canonically has no powers without the death note.... what would i even do here?????") i also got some major yikes vibes over the entire warning about adding stuff since it just makes me go "okay but if staff are so concerned about cheating, why aren't the threads locked in the first place?" there's a few other things i disagree with the exact implementation of (ie, if i have a super strength, that's not something i'm gonna be able to scale down in "rank" and imo power levels are gonna vary wildly between characters so idk if limiting abilities for canon vs oc is a good idea), but i think my biggest one is that just.... without an actual combat system in place (or a wider system where they can be used for questing purposes), it really just seems like..... fluff that's there more because it's there in the kh games than because it genuinely belongs there, so to speak (which is a trap i'm familiar with since imo pokemon sites do that a lot with the mechanics).

i'm also gonna say that i..... don't know if an alchemy / cooking system is a good idea either? again, it's nothing personal, i've just.... never really seen a site actually have any kind of crafting system that felt like it was well-implemented in a way that didn't feel pointlessly grindy. it's another system i'd be worried about having just because the games had it, and it's one more thing to add for possible mod burnout and just..... idk if it's really the only reason why command decks are mandatory, i'd say the system probably needs to be tweaked so that it's more of a side thing to make the command decks optional tbeh.

popping into the rules..... my immediate questions are just 1) how often do i have to post to be considered active and 2) are there any requirements i have to meet between characters. since those are the two questions i always immediately have for sites. from there, the big ones that strike me as "missing" are just.... rules in regards to "ocs that are related to canons" and general things for like.... do want ads take priority for characters, whether there's different restrictions or limits or expectations for canons vs ocs (or major canons vs everyone else). we already touched on the combat in a sense so that's that.

we're going to skip over the plot + the keyblades because that's gonna tie in with the second part of this (and also i don't really know kh so it's kind of all greek to me).

going into the canons...... ho boy. i honestly don't know how i feel about the "using a canon does not prevent them from being used for an fc for an oc" since i feel like that should be something that should be a permission thing as a courtesy to the canons. i'm definitely squinting a little bit at the "banned fandoms" list between adult animation not really being clearly defined, no clear clause in regards to "animal" characters (whether sentient like a digimon or more animalistic like a pokemon), and that noticeable missing "problematic content" umbrella. i also personally want to add in the general question for "what about aging up underage canons to be adults" but that's just... me having run into problems with that specific subject and wanting clarity on that.

which leads me into the secondary part of this, aka the personal feedback.....
there's not really a gentle way to say this, so i'm... just going to say it. as someone who is genuinely interested in the concept of a panfandom site with the ability to visit limited sections of canon settings.... i'm a little concerned about the way it's being implimented on the site.

by that i mean - i'm not so sure that "a kingdom hearts site but make it a panfandom" is really the right way to go about the idea. intertwining the concept so heavily with kingdom hearts is going to push away people who aren't really kingdom hearts fans or don't really know kingdom hearts at all (especially given that you don't really take the time anywhere to try to catch them up to speed). i also find myself really kind of.... rubbing at my face for the fact there's no real indication anywhere for actually including non-kh franchises in the site (like being able to visit lungmen from arknights) beyond just plopping in the canons either, which may be something you end up including information about in later lore threads but definitely strikes me as a red flag with what i'm seeing now.

(which also, to be fair, hosting the site on proboards is probably gonna limit how far your inroads would go for panfandom rpers anyway given that the panfandom community seems to be pretty hard jcinkers, but that's me being realistic.)

and like. if what you're going for is more of a kingdom hearts site, that's fine! you do you! i can respect that! you do the thing! just.

imo, i was personally keeping an eye on this project in the hopes of getting a "panfandom site in the style of kingdom hearts", so i'm.... obviously disappointed that this doesn't seem to be what i'm gonna be getting. so. take this part of the feedback with that grain of salt.

irregardless of all of that, it does seem..... a bit neater than the v1 of the site? i don't remember much of the v1 since i mostly just glanced at it briefly when it was up (since kh is not my general cup of tea, i only really dabble with it for the final fantasy), but. it does seem neater (but that might just be me thinking the tables are neater) so. yeah. that's a definite improvement.

....... idk i don't really got much else here for you, sorry mouse-

edit added in a lil bit under the review portion since oops desmond's reply + your reply came as i was writing this up-
last edit on Jan 8, 2021 3:54:12 GMT by Kuroya

3,084written posts
Kitten4uearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kitten4u
Part of the Furniture
Kitten4u Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","infoBG"]
[attr="class","infoBG2"]
[attr="class","infoBack"]
[attr="class","infoTitle"][attr="class","fa fa-star-o"] threadarchived
[attr="class","infoDiv"]

[attr="class","infoBody"]

To keep the forum clean and so people know that all threads in certain areas are current and that the OP is likely to still have interest, we archive threads that haven't gotten posts for 2 weeks. This thread is being archived for that reason. If you would like this thread reopened, contact a staff member.