write a reply

give me your stories

pronounsHe/Him
36written posts
slyearned bits
offlinecurrently
sly
sly Avatar
So I've been meaning to post an introduction since day one of the new site but my work as a stagehand has kept me busy. Introductions can be painful to write so please bear with me while I slap something together.

First and foremost, you can call me Sly. I've went by a couple of other handles over the years but this one has stuck with me the longest (about four). If you think you might know me under a different name, odds are that you don't. I've been a socially awkward lurker for a very long time now. I'm 30 and started my journey into role playing about 14 years ago. Unfortunately I stopped shortly after graduating high school but returned five years ago for some unknown reason. I was just sitting in class on campus one day and had this sudden urge to role play. Admittedly, both life and work doesn't leave me as much time to actually role play as I would like but I'm stubborn damn it.

I love to role play in verbal form so making the jump to written form is no big shocker. I'm a tabletop nerd and can easily spend hours discussing the shenanigans that happens in games (feel free to share if you have any). I'm particular towards both D&D 5th edition and Powered by the Apocalypse but I'll play any system.

As for fandoms, I'm pretty big on Star Wars (I may have squeed in a public library when I saw a novel involving two of my favorite characters sitting on the recent additions shelf). Transmetropolitan by Warren Ellis is my favorite comic. The Martian Chronicles by Ray Bradbury is one of my favorite books. I like sea shanties and heist movies. Is there anything else I should mention? I have two Japanese chin who are like family to me.  

I stated above that I'm a socially awkward lurker and that's something I want to try to fix. My goal here is to be more active in the community and this introduction is my first step in doing that.

CONFESSION: I happen to be a terrible procrastinator. Feel free to give me a nudge if you ever see me procrastinating.
last edit on Jul 7, 2018 0:52:01 GMT by sly