pronounsMale
1,702written posts
Mouseearned bits
offlinecurrently
Mouse
Part of the Furniture
Mouse Avatar
where fears and lies melt away.
[nospaces][googlefont=Roboto:400,700|Montserrat:200,400|Montserrat+Alternates:300|Open+Sans:400|Source+Sans+Pro:700]
[attr="class","reolContain"]
[attr="class","reolHeader"]

[attr="class","reolButton"]

[attr="class","th th-bookmark-1-o"]

[attr="class","reolBody"]

Original Fantasy Roleplay

Inspired by Magic the Gathering, Kingdom Hearts, and Dungeon & Dragons

A BRIEF UPDATE

It's been a while, I just wanted to let everyone know that the project is still being worked on. I'm currently rewriting how Magic will work on the forum. I wasn't happy with how I set it up in my previous post. Namely in how the two primary methods for its use were handled. If everyone could use the Aether in themselves so easily, I realized they wouldn't need to channel it from the Fabric as often. Which wouldn't put the setting in the place I needed it be for the purpose of the plot.[break][break]

That said - I've switched how they'll work around. It'll be easier to pull from the Fabric and harder to channel from yourself. Think of it akin to the Sorcerer class in Dungeon & Dragons. While everyone has aetherial energy inside of them, not everyone can use it with proficiency. Being able to do so is the mark of an exceptionally talented Magus. Also - magic cast using energy from oneself will be more powerful and give a Magus precise control over their spells.[break][break]

Channeling Aether from the Fabric becoming easier also meant introducing some type of consequence different from what I mentioned before. While there will still be unmentioned consequences, the one I'd like to bring your to attention is called Crystallization.

A Magus undergoing the Crystallization process

The body can only withstand a certain amount of aetheral energy. Channel more than the body can hold, and you risk Crystallization. As the name implies, Crystallization is an agonizing process that slowly transforms the body into Aetherite.[break][break]

Naturally occurring Aetherite

Aetherite is a type of naturally occurring crystal that forms near strong sources of Aether. Like around a Fount of Aether or along the path of one of its ley lines. Stored inside the crystals are an immense amount of aetheral energy - more than what anyone could channel from themselves or the Fabric. It has many uses, but the most prominent is as a fuel source. Once refined, the energy inside the crystals can be used to power machines known as Magitek.

CLOSING STATEMENT

That's all I have for you guys this time. It's not a lot, I know, but I'd prefer to take my time rather than rush through it. I'm a bit hesitant to do this as it's never worked for me before - but fuck it. This is a lot to tackle on my own and while I can do it just fine. I'd like to ask for help from anyone who would be interested.[break][break]

A couple things to keep in mind: If you'd like to help then you need to actually help. Too many times have I done this and despite having people reach out. I've been the only one putting in the effort. It's frustrating, gives me false hope, and frankly wastes everyone's time. I'm not a difficult person to work with either. I'm very open to outside ideas and suggestions. Nor do I have some dictatorial way that I'd like the site to run.[break][break]

Ideally, I'd like to get at least one or two other people to lend me a hand. That way I can bounce the ideas I have off them. They can tell me what they think, we can make adjustment, they can add their own, and just in general get a good creative flow going. If helping with Falsebound sounds interesting to you at all then you can contact me via PM here on Pixel Perfect or on Discord. Mouse#7744

[attr="class","reolCredit"]SELKIE

[newclass=.reolContain] --reolAccent:#7B9AFD; [/newclass]

[newclass=.reolContain] width:550px; background-color:#eee; margin:10px; box-shadow: 0px 0px 10px 0px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.25); position:relative; [/newclass]
[newclass=.reolHeader] display:flex; flex-flow:column nowrap; align-items:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.reolHeader img:first-child] width:550px; height:250px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.reolHeader:after] content:''; width:550px; height:250px; position:absolute; top:0px; left:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.reolButton] width:70px; height:70px; background-color:#f8f8f8; margin-top:-35px; position:relative; border-radius:100%; z-index:1; box-shadow: 0px 0px 10px 0px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.25); [/newclass]
[newclass=.reolButton span] font-size:33px; width:70px; height:70px; display:flex; align-items:center; justify-content:center; color:var(--reolAccent); transition:.25s ease; [/newclass]
[newclass=.reolBody] padding:25px 25px 25px 25px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.reolBody h1] margin:0px 0px; height:35px; display:flex; align-items:center; justify-content:center; font:200 35px/35px montserrat; color:var(--reolAccent); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #fafafa, 1px -1px 0 #fafafa, -1px 1px 0 #fafafa, 1px 1px 0 #fafafa; [/newclass]
[newclass=.reolBody h1:before] content:''; height:1px; flex-grow:1; margin-right:10px; background-color:var(--reolAccent); border:1px solid #fafafa; [/newclass]
[newclass=.reolBody h1:after] content:''; height:1px; flex-grow:1; margin-left:10px; background-color:var(--reolAccent); border:1px solid #fafafa; [/newclass]
[newclass=.reolBody h2] margin:0px; font:700 8px source sans pro; color:#242424; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:center; [/newclass]
[newclass=.reolBody h3] margin:10px; height:25px; font:300 25px/25px montserrat alternates; color:#bababa; text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #fafafa, 1px -1px 0 #fafafa, -1px 1px 0 #fafafa, 1px 1px 0 #fafafa; [/newclass]
[newclass=.reolBody h4] text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.reolBody div] padding:25px; font:400 12px roboto; color:#383838; text-align:justify; [/newclass]
[newclass=.reolBody div b] font:700 11px/14px roboto; color:#7B9AFD; text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #fafafa, 1px -1px 0 #fafafa, -1px 1px 0 #fafafa, 1px 1px 0 #fafafa; [/newclass]
[newclass=.reolBody div i] text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.reolBody div blockquote] margin:0px; padding:0px 25px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.reolBody div a] text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #fafafa, 1px -1px 0 #fafafa, -1px 1px 0 #fafafa, 1px 1px 0 #fafafa; [/newclass]
[newclass=.reolBody code] display:flex!important; align-items:center; justify-content:center; margin:0px!important; width:328px!important; height:auto!important; border:1px solid #ccc!important; padding:10px!important; font:400 10px open sans!important; color:#7a7a7a; background-color:#ddd!important; margin: 0 auto!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.reolBody button]display:none!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.reolCredit] font:bold 7px roboto; margin-left:450px; margin-top:-10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.reolCredit a] font:bold 7px roboto!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=.reolContain .th]font-family: "honeybee" !important;font-style: normal !important;font-weight: normal !important;font-variant: normal !important;text-transform: none !important;speak: none;line-height: 1;-webkit-font-smoothing: antialiased;-moz-osx-font-smoothing: grayscale; } @font-face { font-family: "honeybee";src:url("//dl.dropbox.com/s/7v31tyaf53kmcv7/honeybee.eot");src:url("//dl.dropbox.com/s/7v31tyaf53kmcv7/honeybee.eot?#iefix") format("embedded-opentype"),url("//dl.dropbox.com/s/awr1gt01c87aaxi/honeybee.woff") format("woff"),url("//dl.dropbox.com/s/hru9ka6dgfcgjg1/honeybee.ttf") format("truetype"),url("//dl.dropbox.com/s/xylorgamsf6fthx/honeybee.svg#honeybee") format("svg");font-weight: normal;font-style: normal;[/newclass]

[newclass=.th-bookmark-1-o:before]content: "\e91b"; font-family: "honeybee";[/newclass]
last edit on Feb 26, 2021 0:22:07 GMT by Mouse
Rodent King
aliasditz
pronounsMale
1,702written posts
Mouseearned bits
offlinecurrently
Mouse
Part of the Furniture
Mouse Avatar
Just giving this a little bump to say it's still being worked on! Didn't want the thread getting archived.
last edit on Mar 10, 2021 22:06:51 GMT by Mouse
Rodent King
aliasditz
pronounsMale
1,702written posts
Mouseearned bits
offlinecurrently
Mouse
Part of the Furniture
Mouse Avatar
HELLO! An update three months later! Everything's going smoothly in terms of writing down lore and the like. Progress on a skin for the site has also been made! Sometime in the next month or two I'm hoping to open things up for a beta test of sorts. That way I can gauge how systems work and get some general feedback.
Rodent King
aliasditz
pronounsMale
1,702written posts
Mouseearned bits
offlinecurrently
Mouse
Part of the Furniture
Mouse Avatar
watcher Avatar
As always, I'm interested in a site if it could allow certain character concepts of mine--- there seems to be creative space in races, would the same be for powers?

Yes! While there will be some restrictions in place to keep things fair (I.E. limiting the use of things like time manipulation or similar abilities) players will be able do largely what they want when creating abilities for there character.

What exactly did you have in mind?

375written posts
watcherearned bits
offlinecurrently
watcher
watcher Avatar
Mouse Avatar
Yes! While there will be some restrictions in place to keep things fair (I.E. limiting the use of things like time manipulation or similar abilities) players will be able do largely what they want when creating abilities for there character.

What exactly did you have in mind?

Ah, you're asking? Welp. An... amnesiac spirit unknowingly masquerading as a dead water magician? I actually have the details in a wanted ad thread linked in my signature. I guess if race and abilities could be handled, the last hoop is finding a place and time in the history of the setting to put his backstory in... some sort of uprising in the distant past?

Well, besides that, freedom with abilities will probably allow me to field my swordswoman who telekinetically wields a load of swords, a claw-and-shield cat (Leonin?) paladin or templar, and other zany things I've thought up through the years XD
Rodent King
aliasditz
pronounsMale
1,702written posts
Mouseearned bits
offlinecurrently
Mouse
Part of the Furniture
Mouse Avatar
[nospaces][googlefont=Roboto:400,700|Montserrat:200,400|Montserrat+Alternates:300|Open+Sans:400|Source+Sans+Pro:700]

THE SKIN UPDATE

This is a super brief update to show chase some screenshots of the skin progress. I think it looks amazing! If you click the image, you'll get a bigger version of the screenshot.

THE HEADER

It looks soo great.[break][break]

STAFF STUFF

SSS+[break][break]

SOME OF THE BOARDS

These bits are all just going to be me gushing over the skin.[break][break]

CLOSING STATEMENT

I just wanted to share screenshots of this amazing skin being worked on. To hopefully reinforce the idea that yes, this is still in progress and is something that will be open in the near future. Note - I'm not the one designing the skin but I'm not 100% if the person who is wants me to share that info quite yet. So I won't! Either way, I hope you guys think it looks as great as I do.

[newclass=.reolContain] width:550px; background-color:#eee; margin:10px; box-shadow: 0px 0px 10px 0px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.25); position:relative; [/newclass]
[newclass=.reolHeader] display:flex; flex-flow:column nowrap; align-items:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.reolHeader:after] content:''; width:550px; height:250px; position:absolute; top:0px; left:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.reolButton] width:70px; height:70px; background-color:#f8f8f8; margin-top:-35px; position:relative; border-radius:100%; z-index:1; box-shadow: 0px 0px 10px 0px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.25); [/newclass]
[newclass=.reolButton span] font-size:33px; width:70px; height:70px; display:flex; align-items:center; justify-content:center; color:var(--reolAccent); transition:.25s ease; [/newclass]
[newclass=.reolBody h1] margin:0px 0px; height:35px; display:flex; align-items:center; justify-content:center; font:200 35px/35px montserrat; color:var(--reolAccent); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #fafafa, 1px -1px 0 #fafafa, -1px 1px 0 #fafafa, 1px 1px 0 #fafafa; [/newclass]
[newclass=.reolBody h1:before] content:''; height:1px; flex-grow:1; margin-right:10px; background-color:var(--reolAccent); border:1px solid #fafafa; [/newclass]
[newclass=.reolBody h1:after] content:''; height:1px; flex-grow:1; margin-left:10px; background-color:var(--reolAccent); border:1px solid #fafafa; [/newclass]
[newclass=.reolBody h2] margin:0px; font:700 8px source sans pro; color:#242424; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:center; [/newclass]
[newclass=.reolBody h3] margin:10px; height:25px; font:300 25px/25px montserrat alternates; color:#bababa; text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #fafafa, 1px -1px 0 #fafafa, -1px 1px 0 #fafafa, 1px 1px 0 #fafafa; [/newclass]
[newclass=.reolBody div] padding:25px; font:400 12px roboto; color:#383838; text-align:justify; [/newclass]
[newclass=.reolBody div b] font:700 11px/14px roboto; color:#7B9AFD; text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #fafafa, 1px -1px 0 #fafafa, -1px 1px 0 #fafafa, 1px 1px 0 #fafafa; [/newclass]
[newclass=.reolBody div a] text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #fafafa, 1px -1px 0 #fafafa, -1px 1px 0 #fafafa, 1px 1px 0 #fafafa; [/newclass]
[newclass=.reolBody code] display:flex!important; align-items:center; justify-content:center; margin:0px!important; width:328px!important; height:auto!important; border:1px solid #ccc!important; padding:10px!important; font:400 10px open sans!important; color:#7a7a7a; background-color:#ddd!important; margin: 0 auto!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.reolCredit] font:bold 7px roboto; margin-left:450px; margin-top:-10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.reolContain .th]font-family: "honeybee" !important;font-style: normal !important;font-weight: normal !important;font-variant: normal !important;text-transform: none !important;speak: none;line-height: 1;-webkit-font-smoothing: antialiased;-moz-osx-font-smoothing: grayscale; } @font-face { font-family: "honeybee";src:url("//dl.dropbox.com/s/7v31tyaf53kmcv7/honeybee.eot");src:url("//dl.dropbox.com/s/7v31tyaf53kmcv7/honeybee.eot?#iefix") format("embedded-opentype"),url("//dl.dropbox.com/s/awr1gt01c87aaxi/honeybee.woff") format("woff"),url("//dl.dropbox.com/s/hru9ka6dgfcgjg1/honeybee.ttf") format("truetype"),url("//dl.dropbox.com/s/xylorgamsf6fthx/honeybee.svg#honeybee") format("svg");font-weight: normal;font-style: normal;[/newclass]

[newclass=.th-bookmark-1-o:before]content: "\e91b"; font-family: "honeybee";[/newclass]
last edit on Jun 14, 2021 4:12:37 GMT by Mouse
Rodent King
aliasditz
pronounsMale
1,702written posts
Mouseearned bits
offlinecurrently
Mouse
Part of the Furniture
Mouse Avatar

THE SKIN UPDATE PART 2

This should be the last update I make until we open for the site's beta! I simply wanted to share more of the site's theme as it nears completion.

BOARD LIST

A bit of lore, the five districts of Castudana are named after monsters that exist within the setting. These creatures act as mascots of sort for Castudana's five ruling families. Wyvern, Unicorn, Griffon, Ifrit, and Titan.[break][break]

THREAD LIST

Some more lore to go along with your sneak peak! There exist six major gods in the world of Falsebound. Known as the Aethereal Pantheon, these six gods embody an essential aspect of reality. In a time long forgotten, they used to walk alongside the people of the world. No ones quite sure what drove them away or why they refuse to return.[break][break]

MINI-PROFILE AND POST AREA!

And I leave with teaser of the site's plot![break][break]

Darkness closes in on the city at the center of the world.[break][break]

Beggars scream in the streets that it's the end of times. "The devils are coming! The devils are coming!" you'd hardly consider them sane. How are you to know that at the edge of the Frontier, the world itself tears? [break][break]

The city's what matters. Not what happens beyond its walls. [break][break]

Castudana's High Council presents a united front. Yet from the shadows, you hear whispers of war brewing amongst the councilmen. Lessers houses choosing sides, people going missing, and the body of magi sprawled across the streets. [break][break]

Chaos comes for the city at the center of the world.[break][break]

CLOSING STATEMENT

Falsebound's moving along smoothly people! Currently in the middle of sitting up a Discord for the site. If you're interested in receiving a link when it's all set up let me know. Either through DM or by posting here. I couldn't be more excited to open for the beta and get people's thoughts.

last edit on Jul 6, 2021 11:39:34 GMT by Mouse