pronounsMale
1,702written posts
Mouseearned bits
offlinecurrently
Mouse
Part of the Furniture
Mouse Avatar
where fears and lies melt away.
[nospaces][googlefont=Roboto:400,700|Montserrat:200,400|Montserrat+Alternates:300|Open+Sans:400|Source+Sans+Pro:700]
[attr="class","reolContain"]
[attr="class","reolHeader"]

[attr="class","reolButton"]

[attr="class","th th-bookmark-1-o"]

[attr="class","reolBody"]

Original Fantasy Roleplay

Inspired by Magic the Gathering, Kingdom Hearts, and Dungeon & Dragons

“The most authentic thing about us is our capacity to create, to overcome, to endure, to transform, to love and to be greater than our suffering.”[break][break]

— Ben Okri

[break]

THE WORLD OF FALSEBOUND

Castudana, City of Aether and Center of The World

Set in Castudana - a megacity split into five massive distracts that covers more than half of the continent of Lunis. It's the oldest city in the world, said to have been built by the gods.[break][break]

Castudana resides on the longest ley line of naturally occurring aether in the world. Giving it an abundance of magical energy that its people use to fuel its various mechanical constructs. Magic is the city's lifeblood in more ways than one.[break][break]

Many regard the city and thus Lunis as a whole as the Center of The World. Seeking the city out in the hopes of finding fame and fortune inside its walls. In reality, Castudana is far from the paradise which many assume it to be.[break][break]

Life for those inside the city is hard and often unfair. Without magical talent, connections, or something meaningful to offer. One is unlikely to make it far. Even then, one must contend with Castudana's High Council.[break][break]

The High Council is a group of Magi from the city's five eldest families. Each family rules a different district of the city. Together, they are judge, jury, and executioner for all of Castudana. Although each High Lord rarely concerns themselves with matters outside of their own district. [break][break]

DANGERS OF THE WORLD

Life outside the city is just as difficult, if not harder. Foul beasts stalk the unprotected towns and settlements outside the city's walls. Castudana's heavy reliance on magic has also awoken something sinister. Stirred awake by the manipulation of the aether that makes magic possible.[break][break]

A Void Storm In Its Infancy

As this entity awakens its begun to tear holes in the Fabric of the universe. Resulting in a phenomenon known as a Void Storm. Chaotic maelstroms of corrupted aether, Void Storms act like a singularity. They pull anything near their point of origin into the Fabric and consume it. As they do, their size and strength increases.[break][break]

While the storms eventually settle and close, the corrupting miasma that radiates out from them lingers. This miasma alters the minds and bodies of anyone unfortunate to be caught inside. Transforming them into monstrous abominations known as the Malfested.[break][break]

Wild Life Turned Into Malfested By The Void

Frightening creatures, Malfested come in a variety of sizes and shapes from draconic and beast-like to eldritch and avian. Most Malfested lack any sense of awareness and rely purely on instinct. Unfortunately, that instinct is to destroy and consume.

Capable of consuming anything - from organic and inorganic matter to spiritual aspects like emotions. What exactly they hunger for varies between Malfested. Regardless of what it is, they will never get full.

[break][break]

Closing Statement

Falsebound is a passion project and an idea I've been sitting on for years. It's a high-fantasy roleplay with steampunk/magitek elements.[break][break]

What's described above is just a brief snippet of months of work. I don't have a set date of release for the forum. But hopefully, I'll have everything finished sometime in the next few months.[break][break]

I want to keep a lot of what I'm planning to do with the site to myself. It's going to be very lore heavy, and not everything will be known to the players. I will say that the world of Falsebound will be filled with a variety of races, people, and ideologies.[break][break]

At the moment, I don't have any plans for mechanical systems. Preferring a very freeform and lax approach to how things will run. At most, players will be asked is to roll a dice to determine the outcome of a situation during events. This may change, however, but it's unlikely.[break][break]

It will be Jcink-hosted and 18+ in terms of rating. I'm going to work on this regardless of response. But I'm curious to see if something of this nature interests anyone.[break][break]

If anyone is interested, I'd love to hear the kind of things you'd like to see from a site of this nature. It can be anything really. I'm not promising I'll use anything, but I'll definetlly take any suggestions into consderation.

[attr="class","reolCredit"]SELKIE

[newclass=.reolContain] --reolAccent:#7B9AFD; [/newclass]

[newclass=.reolContain] width:550px; background-color:#eee; margin:10px; box-shadow: 0px 0px 10px 0px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.25); position:relative; [/newclass]
[newclass=.reolHeader] display:flex; flex-flow:column nowrap; align-items:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.reolHeader img:first-child] width:550px; height:250px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.reolHeader:after] content:''; width:550px; height:250px; position:absolute; top:0px; left:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.reolButton] width:70px; height:70px; background-color:#f8f8f8; margin-top:-35px; position:relative; border-radius:100%; z-index:1; box-shadow: 0px 0px 10px 0px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.25); [/newclass]
[newclass=.reolButton span] font-size:33px; width:70px; height:70px; display:flex; align-items:center; justify-content:center; color:var(--reolAccent); transition:.25s ease; [/newclass]
[newclass=.reolBody] padding:25px 25px 25px 25px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.reolBody h1] margin:0px 0px; height:35px; display:flex; align-items:center; justify-content:center; font:200 35px/35px montserrat; color:var(--reolAccent); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #fafafa, 1px -1px 0 #fafafa, -1px 1px 0 #fafafa, 1px 1px 0 #fafafa; [/newclass]
[newclass=.reolBody h1:before] content:''; height:1px; flex-grow:1; margin-right:10px; background-color:var(--reolAccent); border:1px solid #fafafa; [/newclass]
[newclass=.reolBody h1:after] content:''; height:1px; flex-grow:1; margin-left:10px; background-color:var(--reolAccent); border:1px solid #fafafa; [/newclass]
[newclass=.reolBody h2] margin:0px; font:700 8px source sans pro; color:#242424; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:center; [/newclass]
[newclass=.reolBody h3] margin:10px; height:25px; font:300 25px/25px montserrat alternates; color:#bababa; text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #fafafa, 1px -1px 0 #fafafa, -1px 1px 0 #fafafa, 1px 1px 0 #fafafa; [/newclass]
[newclass=.reolBody h4] text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.reolBody div] padding:25px; font:400 12px roboto; color:#383838; text-align:justify; [/newclass]
[newclass=.reolBody div b] font:700 11px/14px roboto; color:#7B9AFD; text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #fafafa, 1px -1px 0 #fafafa, -1px 1px 0 #fafafa, 1px 1px 0 #fafafa; [/newclass]
[newclass=.reolBody div i] text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.reolBody div blockquote] margin:0px; padding:0px 25px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.reolBody div a] text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #fafafa, 1px -1px 0 #fafafa, -1px 1px 0 #fafafa, 1px 1px 0 #fafafa; [/newclass]
[newclass=.reolBody code] display:flex!important; align-items:center; justify-content:center; margin:0px!important; width:328px!important; height:auto!important; border:1px solid #ccc!important; padding:10px!important; font:400 10px open sans!important; color:#7a7a7a; background-color:#ddd!important; margin: 0 auto!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.reolBody button]display:none!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.reolCredit] font:bold 7px roboto; margin-left:450px; margin-top:-10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.reolCredit a] font:bold 7px roboto!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=.reolContain .th]font-family: "honeybee" !important;font-style: normal !important;font-weight: normal !important;font-variant: normal !important;text-transform: none !important;speak: none;line-height: 1;-webkit-font-smoothing: antialiased;-moz-osx-font-smoothing: grayscale; } @font-face { font-family: "honeybee";src:url("//dl.dropbox.com/s/7v31tyaf53kmcv7/honeybee.eot");src:url("//dl.dropbox.com/s/7v31tyaf53kmcv7/honeybee.eot?#iefix") format("embedded-opentype"),url("//dl.dropbox.com/s/awr1gt01c87aaxi/honeybee.woff") format("woff"),url("//dl.dropbox.com/s/hru9ka6dgfcgjg1/honeybee.ttf") format("truetype"),url("//dl.dropbox.com/s/xylorgamsf6fthx/honeybee.svg#honeybee") format("svg");font-weight: normal;font-style: normal;[/newclass]

[newclass=.th-bookmark-1-o:before]content: "\e91b"; font-family: "honeybee";[/newclass]
pronounsHe/Him
37written posts
offlinecurrently
๖ۣۜLord Orivien Avatar
Bruh.

This is kinda hype. I like the protected city / dangerous outlands vibe. Let’s go monster huntin’!

I am interested to know how magic will be handled. I’m a heavy combat nut with a predilection toward power progression. 👀

I suppose what I’d like to see is a beastkin race, though more beast than man, but it’s not a dealbreaker.
Rodent King
aliasditz
pronounsMale
1,702written posts
Mouseearned bits
offlinecurrently
Mouse
Part of the Furniture
Mouse Avatar
[nospaces][googlefont=Roboto:400,700|Montserrat:200,400|Montserrat+Alternates:300|Open+Sans:400|Source+Sans+Pro:700]

RACES OF FALSEBOUND

HUMANOIDS

Humans, the dominant race of Lunis

Resourceful, emotional, and with an appetite for conquest - humans can be found throughout the known world. They live short-lives, but they make the most of the time they have. While they exist in small settlements throughout the continent, a majority of them reside within Castudana. Finding comfort in the safety offered by the city's walls.[break][break]

Humans lack any natural born advantages compared to other races. But their sheer number and never-say-die attitude more than make up for that.[break][break]

Elves, the oldest race in the world

The history of elvenkind is a long one. Dating back to a time when the gods still walked the earth. Although few elves who remember those days still live. With lifespans that can reach into the centuries, elves hold a very indifferent view towards other races. Believing themselves superior to the rest of the races of the world.[break][break]

Elves exist in two separate groups. The ones that live inside Castudana are referred to as Highborn Elves. Highborn Elves make up most of Lunis's elf population. Highborn's have lost touch with the spiritual and druidic aspects of their past.[break][break]

The second type of elf, Frontier Elves, exist in a smaller number outside Castudana's walls. Druidic and nomadic, they live in harmony with nature. They regard not only their Highborn brethren but Castudana itself with disdain and disgust.[break][break]

Vedalken, genius inventors and master politicians

Recognized by their blue skin and elongated heads. No's sure where the Vedalken came from, not even them. They just appeared one day in mass at the gates of Castudana's first district. Several centuries have passed since then, but their origin still remains a mystery.[break][break]

What is known is all Vedalken are born with a thirst for knowledge and are supernaturally drawn towards aether. Vedalken scientists and inventors have put Castudana leagues above other nations when it comes to technology. Inventors of Magitek, they shared its secrets for a seat on Castudana's High Council.
[break][break][break]

BEASTFOLK

Leonin, cunning hunters of the wilds

Evolved from lions, the Leonin is one of several beast races that populate the continent of Lunis. They live in groups called prides and can be found both inside and outside Castudana's massive border. They are natural hunters. Leonin that choose to reside within the city use this talent to make a name for themselves.[break][break]

Minotaurs, tribal barbarians

Ferocious warriors, Minotaur's are one of the toughest races on Lunis. They are also one of the more primal. Living in barbaric tribes in the mountains and hills outside Castudana. Minotaur culture is based around strength - both physical and emotional. Prone to fits of rage, a Minotaur that cannot temper and channel its anger is looked down upon.

[break][break]

[break][break]

FAE

Satyrs, playful party animals

Touched by the unpredictable magic of the aether, these half-human half-goat hybrids love to play and party. Satyrs live almost exclusively in the forests of Lunis. Near particularly potent sources of aethereal energy. Living just as long as elves, they've taken a more enthusiastic approach to their long lives. Preferring to party, wild and free - ignoring any consequences that might happen as a result.[break][break]

Closing Statement

The actual number of races on the site is going to be larger than what I have listed here. I simply wanted to give those interested in Falsebound examples of the races they could expect to see/play. Some will be more detailed than others, but they'll all be a vital part to life on Lunis.[break][break]

As I'm sure you can tell - the D&D and Magic the Gathering influence comes across very strongly in regards to the races. They aren't going to be a 1:1 copies but they'll share similar elements. Also, while the site will have a selection of races to pick from upon opening. If a player would like to play a race that isn't already present on the site. They'll have the option to add their desired race to the forum.[break][break]

One last thing I'd like to mention in this update is in regards to Face Claims. The site will use animanga FCs but original art will be allowed. So long as it fits within the animanga-style. The art doesn't even have to be a masterpiece either - so long as it's not a stick figure or something similarly ridiculously.[break][break]

The option to not use an FC will also be available.

[newclass=.reolContain] width:550px; background-color:#eee; margin:10px; box-shadow: 0px 0px 10px 0px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.25); position:relative; [/newclass]
[newclass=.reolHeader] display:flex; flex-flow:column nowrap; align-items:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.reolHeader:after] content:''; width:550px; height:250px; position:absolute; top:0px; left:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.reolButton] width:70px; height:70px; background-color:#f8f8f8; margin-top:-35px; position:relative; border-radius:100%; z-index:1; box-shadow: 0px 0px 10px 0px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.25); [/newclass]
[newclass=.reolButton span] font-size:33px; width:70px; height:70px; display:flex; align-items:center; justify-content:center; color:var(--reolAccent); transition:.25s ease; [/newclass]
[newclass=.reolBody h1] margin:0px 0px; height:35px; display:flex; align-items:center; justify-content:center; font:200 35px/35px montserrat; color:var(--reolAccent); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #fafafa, 1px -1px 0 #fafafa, -1px 1px 0 #fafafa, 1px 1px 0 #fafafa; [/newclass]
[newclass=.reolBody h1:before] content:''; height:1px; flex-grow:1; margin-right:10px; background-color:var(--reolAccent); border:1px solid #fafafa; [/newclass]
[newclass=.reolBody h1:after] content:''; height:1px; flex-grow:1; margin-left:10px; background-color:var(--reolAccent); border:1px solid #fafafa; [/newclass]
[newclass=.reolBody h2] margin:0px; font:700 8px source sans pro; color:#242424; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:center; [/newclass]
[newclass=.reolBody h3] margin:10px; height:25px; font:300 25px/25px montserrat alternates; color:#bababa; text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #fafafa, 1px -1px 0 #fafafa, -1px 1px 0 #fafafa, 1px 1px 0 #fafafa; [/newclass]
[newclass=.reolBody h4]text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.reolBody h5] margin:0px; font:700 11px source sans pro; color:#242424; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:center; [/newclass]
[newclass=.reolBody div] padding:25px; font:400 12px roboto; color:#383838; text-align:justify; [/newclass]
[newclass=.reolBody div b] font:700 11px/14px roboto; color:#7B9AFD; text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #fafafa, 1px -1px 0 #fafafa, -1px 1px 0 #fafafa, 1px 1px 0 #fafafa; [/newclass]
[newclass=.reolBody div a] text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #fafafa, 1px -1px 0 #fafafa, -1px 1px 0 #fafafa, 1px 1px 0 #fafafa; [/newclass]
[newclass=.reolBody code] display:flex!important; align-items:center; justify-content:center; margin:0px!important; width:328px!important; height:auto!important; border:1px solid #ccc!important; padding:10px!important; font:400 10px open sans!important; color:#7a7a7a; background-color:#ddd!important; margin: 0 auto!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.reolCredit] font:bold 7px roboto; margin-left:450px; margin-top:-10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.reolContain .th]font-family: "honeybee" !important;font-style: normal !important;font-weight: normal !important;font-variant: normal !important;text-transform: none !important;speak: none;line-height: 1;-webkit-font-smoothing: antialiased;-moz-osx-font-smoothing: grayscale; } @font-face { font-family: "honeybee";src:url("//dl.dropbox.com/s/7v31tyaf53kmcv7/honeybee.eot");src:url("//dl.dropbox.com/s/7v31tyaf53kmcv7/honeybee.eot?#iefix") format("embedded-opentype"),url("//dl.dropbox.com/s/awr1gt01c87aaxi/honeybee.woff") format("woff"),url("//dl.dropbox.com/s/hru9ka6dgfcgjg1/honeybee.ttf") format("truetype"),url("//dl.dropbox.com/s/xylorgamsf6fthx/honeybee.svg#honeybee") format("svg");font-weight: normal;font-style: normal;[/newclass]

[newclass=.th-bookmark-1-o:before]content: "\e91b"; font-family: "honeybee";[/newclass]
214written posts
✦ MADearned bits
offlinecurrently
✦ MAD
✦ MAD Avatar
[nospaces]

Very tempted to use original art... I tend not to just because having to stare at an art piece I made usually drives me nuts cause all I see are the imperfections, but I'm actually thinking about it now. It might motivate me to get back into art and be more invested in my character. I do like that you have a no FC option as well.

Rodent King
aliasditz
pronounsMale
1,702written posts
Mouseearned bits
offlinecurrently
Mouse
Part of the Furniture
Mouse Avatar
✦ MAD Avatar
[nospaces]

Very tempted to use original art... I tend not to just because having to stare at an art piece I made usually drives me nuts cause all I see are the imperfections, but I'm actually thinking about it now. It might motivate me to get back into art and be more invested in my character. I do like that you have a no FC option as well.

That's awesome to hear <3[break][break]

When you're dealing with a setting where players can play non-human characters. I think it's important to not limit there options. A majority of anime FCs are, well, human. So it be difficult for players to find artwork for a race they'd wish to play[break][break]

Rather than go for the typical 'there this race but can assume human form' route. Which I think takes away the charm of playing something like a beastfolk or goblin. It's easier to allow for original art and no FC.[break][break]

The artwork is nice, but at the end of the day we're writing. So it's not super important if you can describe what your character looks like.
last edit on Feb 15, 2021 4:12:01 GMT by Mouse
the narrative
aliasCel, Nightlock
pronounsShe/They
699written posts
CELearned bits
offlinecurrently
CEL
Part of the Furniture
CEL Avatar
mankind, be vigilant; we loved you.
high fantasy with magitek and steampunk elements?? dnd inspired??? you HAVE MY ATTENTION AND INTEREST V MUCH

seconding an above statement on how magic and power progression play out. also unffff im a sucker for fantasy political intrigue so 👀

coming soon.
Rodent King
aliasditz
pronounsMale
1,702written posts
Mouseearned bits
offlinecurrently
Mouse
Part of the Furniture
Mouse Avatar
For those wondering about the magic system please stay tuned! I'm currently working on an update that will explain both the magic and magitek in detail.

@yumyums
last edit on Feb 15, 2021 3:19:36 GMT by Mouse
Rodent King
aliasditz
pronounsMale
1,702written posts
Mouseearned bits
offlinecurrently
Mouse
Part of the Furniture
Mouse Avatar

OF MAGIC & AETHER

THE FABRIC

Depiction of The Fabric

Created by the goddess Idlene, the Fabric is an extra-dimensional plane composed almost entirely of energy called Aether. It exists overtop the material plane. Using Aether like strands of yarn, the Fabric makes up the very essence of reality.[break][break]

The mysteries of the Fabric are vast. A magus could dedicate their entire life to studying the Fabric, and they'd only scratch the surface of its secrets. Outside of channeling Aether for magic, a mortal's interaction with the Fabric is limited.[break][break]

Fae and Celestials are said to have strong connections to the Fabric. Certain Fae, in particular, can 'feel' its presence and the ripples that echo through it.
[break][break]

AETHER & MAGIC

AETHER LEY LINE

Aether is a naturally occurring ethereal energy that spreads throughout the planet. It simultaneously exists within and around every living thing. Powerful sources of Aether called ley lines exist at several locations around the world. Ley lines can't usually be seen, but their effects on the world can be.[break][break]

Plantlife along the area they travel is typically lush and vibrant. They invigorate the land, and any magus attempting magic inside or close to one can channel its power to amplify their spells.[break][break]

AETHER FOUNTS

All ley lines originate from what magus call an Aether Fount. A place where the connection between the material plane and the Fabric is at its strongest. Much like ley lines, Aether Founts can't be seen, and they have a similar but stronger effect on the world around them.[break][break]

MAGIC TAKES MANY FORMS

To perform magic is to manipulate Aether to enact one's will upon the world. Everyone is born with the capacity to utilize Aether in this manner. Some are simply more skilled at it than others. The most common method of doing so is channeling the aetherial energy already present in the body.[break][break]

Magic performed in this manner tends to be weak and easy to control. A Pyromancer releasing flames from their hands. An Illusionist altering an aspect of their appearance. Both are examples of possible feats one could do using this method. More impressive feats are possible, but they require a magus to use significantly more energy. Which will leave them drained and exhausted. Attempt to use more than your body has and you risk doing severe damage to it.[break][break]

The second, more difficult but powerful option; is to channel Aether directly from the Fabric itself. This not only allows for superior magical feats (a tornado of fire, altering the earth around you) but is less taxing on the body. The reason it's so hard is the force of will required to pull Aether directly from the Fabric. Like exercising, the more you attempt it, the easier it gets - but it's never without its risks. Be it the difficulty of controlling the magic to something far worse.[break][break]

Due to the nature of Aether, what one is capable of doing with magic is technically limitless. Although there are several recognized 'schools' of magic throughout the world.[break][break]

Abjuration, alteration, conjuration, divination, enchantment, illusion, invocation, and necromancy.

[break][break]

Closing Statement

This is a basic outline of how magic will work on Falsebound. There are obviously things that I intentionally left out. There will be more consequences to the second method of channeling the energy needed for magic. There's also a third method, but I'll touch on that more when I bring up Magitek.[break][break]

I'd like to avoid dumping the entirety of the settings info in the Interest Check. So you'll have plenty to look forward to when the site launches. Some of this is also subject to change as I hash things out further.[break][break]

I also want to reiterate that so much of the setting will be left for the players to learn. Information and revelations will be given throughout the site's plots and events. There will even be room for players to add their own unique bits of lore and ideas into the setting.[break][break]

It might look a little rough right now, but I don't think you'll be disappointed when Falsebound opens.

[newclass=.reolBody h4]text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.reolBody h5] margin:0px; font:700 11px source sans pro; color:#242424; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:center; [/newclass]

last edit on Feb 15, 2021 19:20:49 GMT by Mouse