World of Warcraft Interest Check!

pronounsHe/His/He
9written posts
offlinecurrently
TYRANDE WHISPERWIND Avatar
Hey all, I have been thinking on a World of Warcraft RP and I think it would make for an interesting site! I am longtime fan of the game series and I am wondering how many others are out there. The idea would be to set the site during the Classic Era, the plot would be four years after the Battle of Mount Hyjal, this would allow more of Faction tensions/war that fans are used to in WoW. This is also when the Night Elves join the Alliance and the Forsaken joining Thrall’s Horde, which gets into the old fashion world of Azeroth. The focus of the plot will be on the tension between the Horde and the Alliance, while also having some subplots in the background to add to the fray – storylines that would eventually lead the site into the next expansion of WoW, the Burning Crusade. Onyxia, the Dragon Flights, Ragnaros, Kel’Thuzad, and many more should feature on site.

The site will be open to the main races of Classic, but we will not limit members to other playable sentient races in the WoW universe. Instead of using "races" as member groups, we decided to do it by Faction, simple because there are just too many races to list out. The chosen member groups would be "Horde, "Alliance", and "Independent". The Horde and Alliance member groups would be for any of the known races who have allied with either faction, who those races are will be disclosed on site. The Independent member group would entail any faction who are not allied with the Horde or the Alliance as well those who claim to be neutral. The independent member group would also be open to those who do not belong to any faction, but of course there needs to be specificity on the member's part.

Mechanics
There will be a leveling system, so instead of going back a number system it will go by rank “Novice”, “Apprentice”, “Expert”, then “Master”. I am thinking of allowing members to have freebies for each level, but their next character of that rank must be purchased. I think the talent tree should have abilities that are needed to be purchased once the level is reached (again here, there will be freebies for passive skills). I was also thinking of a process called “Game to Forum Transfer”, which will allow members to take characters that were made in the game to portray them on the board as a freebie for old Warcraft fans.

Regarding the face claim process – faces of celebrities, models, and artists will be accepted with the option of quality graphic art to represent their character. A combination of both would also be optional with using real face claims as voice actors of characters, then have an art as the bodily portrayal. I am also thinking that even if a member uses Liam Nesson, as an example, for their character’s voice it does not mean the face of Liam Neeson is not available (you can still have Liam’s voice too) – let me know if that was not clear.

That is all I can think of on top of my head, but if you have any suggestions, questions, or interests please do hit me here! I am looking forward to meeting some Warcraft fans <3
aliasraisin
pronounsshur
87written posts
reisenearned bits
offlinecurrently
reisen
Spring '21 Dev Completionist
reisen Avatar
so when you say "Game to Forum Transfer", it's just the character's aesthetic, right? not hinging on any achievements that might have been accrued over the time one has played in classic? because if not, does that mean i get to be the forum's OG Scarab Lord?

pronounsHe/His/He
9written posts
offlinecurrently
and That is a good point, but yes essentially that would be acceptable too. Although, that kind of achievement wouldn’t be available until Ahn’Qiraj comes into play. It’ll be first come, first served in my head, but that will have to be something I’ll have to work with staff on fleshing out on how to make that fair for everyone. The more generic achievements would definitely be open for you to transfer into the Forum.
last edit on Mar 11, 2021 0:53:26 GMT by TYRANDE WHISPERWIND
aliasraisin
pronounsshur
87written posts
reisenearned bits
offlinecurrently
reisen
Spring '21 Dev Completionist
reisen Avatar
Listen, I might have been cheeky with the OG Scarab Lord thing, but I really would join this. I wanna be a Quel'dorei, all right? And not have to play a Sin'dorei character pretending they're both Alliance and a Quel'dorei.
pronounsHe/His/He
9written posts
offlinecurrently
reisen Avatar
Listen, I might have been cheeky with the OG Scarab Lord thing, but I really would join this. I wanna be a Quel'dorei, all right? And not have to play a Sin'dorei character pretending they're both Alliance and a Quel'dorei.
Haha, Quel’dorei are playable according to lore! discord.gg/ygCGAjFR Here is our discord! I’m “Bella”
pronounsHe/His/He
9written posts
offlinecurrently
Hey all, I have been thinking on a World of Warcraft RP and I think it would make for an interesting site! I am longtime fan of the game series and I am wondering how many others are out there. The idea would be to set the site during the Classic Era, the plot would be four years after the Battle of Mount Hyjal, this would allow more of Faction tensions/war that fans are used to in WoW. This is also when the Night Elves join the Alliance and the Forsaken joining Thrall’s Horde, which gets into the old fashion world of Azeroth. The focus of the plot will be on the tension between the Horde and the Alliance, while also having some subplots in the background to add to the fray – storylines that would eventually lead the site into the next expansion of WoW, the Burning Crusade. Onyxia, the Dragon Flights, Ragnaros, Kel’Thuzad, and many more should feature on site.

The site will be open to the main races of Classic, but we will not limit members to other playable sentient races in the WoW universe. Instead of using "races" as member groups, we decided to do it by Faction, simple because there are just too many races to list out. The chosen member groups would be "Horde, "Alliance", and "Independent". The Horde and Alliance member groups would be for any of the known races who have allied with either faction, who those races are will be disclosed on site. The Independent member group would entail any faction who are not allied with the Horde or the Alliance as well those who claim to be neutral. The independent member group would also be open to those who do not belong to any faction, but of course there needs to be specificity on the member's part.

Mechanics
There will be a leveling system, so instead of going back a number system it will go by rank “Novice”, “Apprentice”, “Expert”, then “Master”. I am thinking of allowing members to have freebies for each level, but their next character of that rank must be purchased. I think the talent tree should have abilities that are needed to be purchased once the level is reached (again here, there will be freebies for passive skills). I was also thinking of a process called “Game to Forum Transfer”, which will allow members to take characters that were made in the game to portray them on the board as a freebie for old Warcraft fans.

Regarding the face claim process – faces of celebrities, models, and artists will be accepted with the option of quality graphic art to represent their character. A combination of both would also be optional with using real face claims as voice actors of characters, then have an art as the bodily portrayal. I am also thinking that even if a member uses Liam Nesson, as an example, for their character’s voice it does not mean the face of Liam Neeson is not available (you can still have Liam’s voice too) – let me know if that was not clear.

That is all I can think of on top of my head, but if you have any suggestions, questions, or interests please do hit me here! I am looking forward to meeting some Warcraft fans <3

By the week of the 4th, we should have released our “Pre-Patch”, which is just the release of vital information to start character creation, before the Beta Test. The Beta Test is out soft opening, which will allow discord members an early chance to create register, create, and post onboard before the official opening date.
3,084written posts
Kitten4uearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kitten4u
Part of the Furniture
Kitten4u Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","infoBG"]
[attr="class","infoBG2"]
[attr="class","infoBack"]
[attr="class","infoTitle"][attr="class","fa fa-star-o"] threadarchived
[attr="class","infoDiv"]

[attr="class","infoBody"]

To keep the forum clean and so people know that all threads in certain areas are current and that the OP is likely to still have interest, we archive threads that haven't gotten posts for 2 weeks. This thread is being archived for that reason. If you would like this thread reopened, contact a staff member.