Fuji Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]

良い夢を

[attr="class","skulloverlap"]MORPHEUS ONLINE - COME EXPLORE OUR DREAMS

[attr="class","skullbody"]

The year is 2087. The human experience has become quite different to what we are accustomed to today. The surge to modernize the world in the mid 2040s has led to a boom in connectivity and population. It has also led to a larger strain on the world’s natural resources. Due to this, humans have turned to a new option, hypersleep. Hypersleep is a deep sleep-like state. This causes the body to naturally burn less energy, remain still for long periods of time, and thus use less resources. At first, it seemed like a smart move for humans but quickly psychological problems popped up from people missing large gaps of time. A solution was Link, an internet based sync with people’s subconscious. Chat Rooms and various games popped up all over the place. People could spend their whole hypersleep cycle wasting away at a virtual blackjack table or going to a theme park.

[break][break]

Those that opt to not go in the Hypersleep or are in between cycles will find a world that is filled with smog and trash. Rows and rows of apartment buildings. Jobs still remain relatively the same. People have learned to adapt to the new lifestyle. It’s one where you can still find some sense of stability and normality. It is rather expensive to actually live. Because of this, more and more people are turning to Link to pass the time.

[break][break]

Nomadic Entertainment was once a prosperous pioneer in the late 2020s up until the early 2050s. They found a niche in the virtual reality world. Brining games like Knight’s Mantle and Dungeon Diver to 1 out of every 5 families around the globe. The company was slow to jump on the Sync and hypersleep bandwagon. Their stocks fell and the company found themselves seen as a joke on the global stage by 2070. Because of this, Nomadic Entertainment placed all their time and money developing Morpheus Online. It is expected to be the largest Sync Hypersleep game of its time.

[break][break]

[break][break]

Morpheus Online aims to immerse the player into a world that is based on a European medieval fantasy. A world with witches and wizards, dragons and dungeons, knights and maidens. It is a world unlike any other. One that players are not bound to classes like typical games. Players are instead an opportunity to learn any number of proficiencies throughout the game. Ranging from archery, baking, and magic casting. Depending on which skill the player wishes to train will determine how they interact with the world. The game designers have developed an engine that will allow the user to not be restricted to using pre-made abilities. Instead, they are free to make them up on the fly. Though the success of their activation and the range of their power will greatly depend on the level of their proficiency. Proficiencies range from Novice all the way up to Grandmaster, with there being seven different levels in total. (Novice, Apprentice, Adept, Journeyman, Expert, Master, Grandmaster).

[break][break]

While there are dozens of various proficiencies to be found throughout the world, some are harder to unlock than others. These skills are constantly sought after by players of the game. Some that have unlocked them ride their fame to riches while others opt to hide their possession of proficiency for fear of it being abused or become too common. Regardless, players that possess these rarer proficiencies are often sought after by guilds in the game.

[break][break]

Few areas of the world of Morpheus Online have been explored yet and many players have sought to stick towards the main area. It is here that you can find players from all over the world. The system’s auto translator makes it possible to play with anybody from any language at any time. Players have free reign over the world, pushing further into the content that the game is based on with each update and patch. Until the next content is released, players are free to continue to take on the various quests found throughout the region along with the raids found in that region.

[break]

[break]

Right now we need people that would be interested in partaking in a forum like this. Looking for input and ideas so that we can build a site that is what people are going to enjoy RPing in. I’d like to see a site that has a lot of freedom for players to do whatever they want with staff hosting raids and other mini-events from time to time. I really like the idea of allowing players to make their own abilities on the fly, so long as it is within the realm of their personal ability. Events that are site wide would have a bit more structure and I think it is here that the true level of the proficiencies would come into play. Still, I’d like to see a game where players have a large number of options to be whatever they desire. Really need people to bounce ideas off of or those that might even wish to be staff and help build this site!

[break][break]

Hoping to see some new faces on the Discord server soon!

[break][break]

Discord Link

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]

[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]

[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://64.media.tumblr.com/b32d78ab503606d696b4762c8435cafb/tumblr_o5yokmDeMV1qc3ju8o1_500.gifv); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]

[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#553477;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]

[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:11px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]

[newclass=.skullbody]letter-spacing:1px;div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;font-size:10px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]

[newclass=.skullbody b]color:#553477;[/newclass]

[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:9px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]

[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:8px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]

[googlefont=Roboto]

last edit on Apr 17, 2021 19:02:02 GMT by Fuji
3written posts
seiranearned bits
offlinecurrently
seiran
seiran Avatar
and I am glad new sites are open...Some new places is great. I am loving the concept you made. It reminds me of Overlord tbh. The facts about the 'real' world that is. But I am wondering... Is there any site overall plot? Besides the world concept you posted above, that is?
164written posts
Fujiearned bits
offlinecurrently
Fuji
Fuji Avatar
seiran Avatar
and I am glad new sites are open...Some new places is great. I am loving the concept you made. It reminds me of Overlord tbh. The facts about the 'real' world that is. But I am wondering... Is there any site overall plot? Besides the world concept you posted above, that is?
I’ve got a general plot in the works but I’m hoping once we get a solid community going, they can take the reigns. At the moment my idea is that the world map places the players to start on a large island off the coast of a continent. Players would stay there training and leveling. It’s going to kinda be a tutorial area or newbie island, though there will be pockets of dangerous areas. I’m thinking that new countries/regions open every expansion. Which ideally would be every 6-8 months IRL time. Each expansion bringing new regions and threats but also new proficiencies and other cool features.