[attr="id","textbox"]
Spring Dev Event[break]
Ilyas al-Misra[break]
Total: 35 pts[break][break]

• Custom Template: 3 pts
  • Character Blurb: 1
  • Aesthetic Image: 1
  • Relationships: 3 (+1 custom template)
  • Colour Palette: 1 (+1 custom template)
  • Quotes: 6 (+1 custom template)
  • Playlist: 5 (+2 for extra songs)
  • Questionnaire: 5 (+1 custom template)
  • Original Poem: 3 (+1 twinkly template)
  • Conning my friends into doing this with me: filled with a sense of determination

[attr="id","logo"]

[newclass="#Ilyas_template"]width: 550px; height: 540px; background-image: url("https://i.postimg.cc/rm3JcSjq/main-bg.png"); border-radius: 25px; position: relative;[/newclass]
[newclass="#tag"]width: 440px; height: 80px; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; top: 6px; background-image: url("https://i.postimg.cc/xCcRWsKs/grouped-Header.png"); position: relative;[/newclass]
[newclass="#textbox"]font-family: Georgia, serif; padding: 10px; color: #ffffffff; text-align: center; white-space: pre-line; background: #000000bf; border: 1px solid #ffffffff; position: relative; width: 500px; height: 410px; bottom: -10px; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; overflow-y: auto; scrollbar-color: #ffffff #000000bf; scrollbar-width: thin; font-size: 18px;[/newclass]
[newclass="#logo"]width: 50px; height: 49px; background-image: url("https://i.postimg.cc/dVJWNVpV/logo.png"); position: absolute; z-index: 1; bottom: 0px; right: 0px;[/newclass]

[break][break]
I've legit never made a template before and lazily threw this together yesterday. It was.. actually kind of fun! I've done other rendering stuff in programming languages, where you need all the math to define your own margins and how/where things should go. Having a bunch of pre-defined properties to try and mimic that was.. kind of interesting, but I do miss the straightforward control of "X = (defined left edge) + 10 pixels".[break]
[break]
I originally did this all up waaaay more programmatically, like with blended backgrounds and -fit-content boxes and SVG defined moon paths because I do all my stuff in vector anyway, buuut. Yeaaaaah that shit don't work in BBCode, so.[break]
Here's a much simpler version of just pre-rendered images layered with a scrolly boi textbox. Enjoy! ;D
last edit on Jun 1, 2023 15:46:01 GMT by Noire
Sorojin's Labyrinth
aliasNwah
pronounsยฏ\_(ใƒ„)_/ยฏ
239written posts
Noireearned bits
offlinecurrently
Noire
Spring '21 Dev Completionist
Noire Avatar
No cracks, no breaks; no mistakes
Coming in hot with an aesthetic image
It's his avatar; the source is me, I drew it
Except the snazzy-ass background logo
That piece of design divinity was made at board inception to represent the Aerial Navy as a whole, and damn if I'm not jelly

OC artwork

And a quick follow-up blurb to be brief in all the ways I cannot:
Ilyas is a calamity-incarnate screwup only capable of uttering The Words That Make Everything Worse, and he's not half bad with airship engines besides. He's got a pesky lacrima para/symbiosis-thing going on that may or may not consume him some day, a knack for pissing off everyone in R&D, a long record of perfectly explainable-norly-not-at-all-sus events, and a tendency to feel the oddest bit of kinship for the eldritch monsters of a moon-burnt wasteland, but that's all totally normal... yeah? Like... everyone hears those chimes at night...
righฬตฬพฬคฬฒtฬทอƒฬ—...?
Sorojin's Labyrinth
aliasNwah
pronounsยฏ\_(ใƒ„)_/ยฏ
239written posts
Noireearned bits
offlinecurrently
Noire
Noire Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","SSIlyTracker"]
[attr="class","card first"]
[attr="class","deco1"]

[attr="class","deco2"]

[attr="class","oddIcon firstIcon"]

[attr="class","name firstName"]Celeste Yazell

[attr="class","oddText"]Yeah, the feral moonborniness is a lil bit different, and her claws are definitely not for show, and you should probably avoid making any goat puns, but... Idk. We still have more in common than not, y'know?[break]
... Also, who doesn't like a lass who can kick your ass?

[attr="class","card second"]
[attr="class","deco1"]

[attr="class","deco2"]

[attr="class","evenIcon secondIcon"]

[attr="class","name secondName"]Tiramisu

[attr="class","evenText"]No, that's not her real name, but she's good at swooping in and saving me from certain death.[break]
Her real name is... wait[break]
What is her name?! Shit!

[attr="class","card third"]
[attr="class","deco1"]

[attr="class","deco2"]

[attr="class","oddIcon thirdIcon"]

[attr="class","name thirdName"]Crown Princess Athanasia Menodora

[attr="class","oddText"]Weirdly unflappable, lil bit stoic, but... not as terrible as talking to a Crown should be. Perhaps the only one who doesn't have her ego stuffed into that tiara.

[attr="class","card fourth"]
[attr="class","deco1"]

[attr="class","deco2"]

[attr="class","evenIcon fourthIcon"]

[attr="class","name fourthName"]General Clarity Veilleux

[attr="class","evenText"]She's going to get herself murdered with all that "kindness" and "concern", one of these days. Ugh - why can't she make it easy and just be an asshole like everyone else?

[attr="class","card fifth"]
[attr="class","deco1"]

[attr="class","deco2"]

[attr="class","oddIcon fifthIcon"]

[attr="class","name fifthName"]The Dipshit Demolitionist

[attr="class","oddText"]Whatever he tries to tell you, everything was all his fault.

[attr="class","card sixth"]
[attr="class","deco1"]

[attr="class","deco2"]

[attr="class","evenIcon sixthIcon"]

[attr="class","name sixthName"]Angelica Elsworth

[attr="class","evenText"]I told her what kind of person he is; why can't she just guillotine Lanek and replace him already?

[attr="class","card seventh"]
[attr="class","deco1"]

[attr="class","deco2"]

[attr="class","oddIcon seventhIcon"]

[attr="class","name seventhName"]Branch Head Lanek

[attr="class","oddText"]... No. Next fucking question.

[attr="class","card eighth"]
[attr="class","deco1"]

[attr="class","deco2"]

[attr="class","evenIcon eighthIcon"]

[attr="class","name eighthName"]Amaris Drakos

[attr="class","evenText"]Used to be my best friend - the kind of person who could intimidate a thunderstorm and tell it to come back later when it's feeling more charitable.[break]
Wouldn't be surprised if she wakes me up just to shank me, these days.

[googlefont=Fresca|Caladea]

[newclass=".SSIlyTracker"]width: 570px; height: fit-content; min-height: 1200px; position: relative; padding: 5px 5px 10px 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".card"]position: relative; width: 550px; height: 135px; margin: 10px auto auto; padding-top: 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".deco1"]background-color: #f7f7f7; width: 550px; height: 2px; position: absolute; top: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".deco2"]background-color: #f7f7f7; width: 550px; height: 5px; position: absolute; bottom: 6px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".oddText"]text-align: right; margin-right: 20px; margin-top: 10px; width: 390px; float: right; background: #ffffff80; border-radius: 10px; padding: 5px;font-family: Fresca;font-size: 16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".oddIcon"]position: absolute; width: 114px; height: 114px; margin-top: 5px; margin-left: 10px; float: left;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evenText"]text-align: left; margin-left: 20px; margin-top: 10px; width: 390px; float: left; background: #ffffff80; border-radius: 10px; padding: 5px;font-family: Fresca;font-size: 16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evenIcon"]position: absolute; width: 114px; height: 114px; margin-left: 430px; margin-top: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".name"]font-family: Caladea;[/newclass]
[newclass=".first"]background-image: linear-gradient(90deg, #ffffff, #ffaa00); height: 170px; border-top-right-radius: 45px; border-bottom-right-radius: 45px; border-left: 3px double #cc8800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".firstName"]text-align: center; font-size: 25px; color: #cc8800; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #000000; margin-right: 20px; width: 400px; float: right;[/newclass]
[newclass=".firstIcon"]background-image: url("https://i.postimg.cc/hv3t0ZVF/celeste.png");margin-top: 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".second"]background-image: linear-gradient(90deg, #cf317a, #ffffff); height: 150px; border-top-left-radius: 45px; border-bottom-left-radius: 45px; border-right: 3px double #a52761;[/newclass]
[newclass=".secondName"]text-align: center; font-size: 25px; color: #a52761; text-shadow: -1px 1px 1px #000000; margin-left: 20px; width: 400px; float: left;[/newclass]
[newclass=".secondIcon"]background-image: url("https://i.postimg.cc/mrQhGwWM/cat.png");[/newclass]
[newclass=".third"]background-image: linear-gradient(90deg, #ffffff, #327598); border-top-right-radius: 45px; border-bottom-right-radius: 45px; border-left: 3px double #265973;[/newclass]
[newclass=".thirdName"]text-align: center; font-size: 25px; color: #265973; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #000000; margin-right: 20px; width: 400px; float: right;[/newclass]
[newclass=".thirdIcon"]background-image: url("https://i.postimg.cc/gJmjcZG7/athy.png");[/newclass]
[newclass=".fourth"]background-image: linear-gradient(90deg, #73260d, #ffffff); border-top-left-radius: 45px; border-bottom-left-radius: 45px; border-right: 3px double #451708;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fourthName"]text-align: center; font-size: 25px; color: #451708; text-shadow: -1px 1px 1px #000000; margin-left: 20px; width: 400px; float: left;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fourthIcon"]background-image: url("https://i.postimg.cc/MHGGVJMb/clare.png");[/newclass]
[newclass=".fifth"]background-image: linear-gradient(90deg, #ffffff, #325f21); border-top-right-radius: 45px; border-bottom-right-radius: 45px; border-left: 3px double #14260d;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fifthName"]text-align: center; font-size: 25px; color: #14260d; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #000000; margin-right: 20px; width: 400px; float: right;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fifthIcon"]background-image: url("https://i.postimg.cc/wT7vBHd9/sowen.png");[/newclass]
[newclass=".sixth"]background-image: linear-gradient(90deg, #ff8e25, #ffffff); border-top-left-radius: 45px; border-bottom-left-radius: 45px; border-right: 3px double #bd5a00;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sixthName"]text-align: center; font-size: 25px; color: #bd5a00; text-shadow: -1px 1px 1px #000000; margin-left: 20px; width: 400px; float: left;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sixthIcon"]background-image: url("https://i.postimg.cc/FRpRYHRH/angie.png");[/newclass]
[newclass=".seventh"]background-image: linear-gradient(90deg, #ffffff, #ca0000); border-top-right-radius: 45px; border-bottom-right-radius: 45px; border-left: 3px double #660000;[/newclass]
[newclass=".seventhName"]text-align: center; font-size: 25px; color: #660000; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #000000; margin-right: 20px; width: 400px; float: right;[/newclass]
[newclass=".seventhIcon"]background-image: url("https://i.postimg.cc/tRrJyJwr/lanek.png");[/newclass]
[newclass=".eighth"]background-image: linear-gradient(90deg, #3b1b68, #ffffff); height: 170px; border-top-left-radius: 45px; border-bottom-left-radius: 45px; border-right: 3px double #170b28;[/newclass]
[newclass=".eighthName"]text-align: center; font-size: 25px; color: #170b28; text-shadow: -1px 1px 1px #000000; margin-left: 20px; width: 400px; float: left;[/newclass]
[newclass=".eighthIcon"]background-image: url("https://i.postimg.cc/jjVC91mt/amaris.png");margin-top: 20px;[/newclass]

Comin' back with a slew of PC interactions for a relationship tracker!
last edit on Apr 28, 2021 13:37:59 GMT by Noire
Sorojin's Labyrinth
aliasNwah
pronounsยฏ\_(ใƒ„)_/ยฏ
239written posts
Noireearned bits
offlinecurrently
Noire
Noire Avatar
Originally made this design and wanted to use it for a relationship tracker, but uh
... yeaaaaaaahhh
... nooooo
There's no way in hell any text could possibly fit on those petals, so :|

Here it is being repurposed for a way over-engineered palette template instead!
The thing is legit all SVGs 'cause that's what I draw in anyway, so here's the JSFiddle code source for anyone who wants to bear witness to my insanity

And here's a straight image render for Proboards:

Colours, starting from 1 o'Clock and continuing around:
Petal 1: #1b026e
Petal 2: #68026e
Petal 3: #000000
Petal 4: #945134
Petal 5: #714da3
Petal 6: #ffbf00
Petal 7: #02356e
Petal 8: #d2d2d2
Sorojin's Labyrinth
aliasNwah
pronounsยฏ\_(ใƒ„)_/ยฏ
239written posts
Noireearned bits
offlinecurrently
Noire
Noire Avatar
Probably not the way "Quotes" was meant, but I already had a Testimonials section on this guy's profile after Celeste's writer hit me with that and I just had to start collecting lines from other threads.
All of 'em from a post or the character's writer, as used with permission.
[break]
The attribution titles, I made up... mostly.

[break]
[nospaces]
[attr="class","quotesTemplate"]
[attr="class","deco-0"]

[attr="class","quoteBox cornerL"]"I don't hate you."
[attr="class","footer"]โ€” Amaris Drakos, matron saint of mixed signals

[attr="class","quoteBox circle"]"Working with him is insufferable. He always has something to piss and moan about and he didn't even thank me for saving his life!"
[attr="class","footer"]โ€” Angelica Elsworth, perpetually hangry[break]R&D General

[attr="class","quoteBox cornerR"]
"You are one of the few who lack that self-preservation mentioned."
[attr="class","footer"]โ€” Athanasia Menodora, actual dragon

[attr="class","deco-1"]

[attr="class","deco-2"]

[attr="class","deco-3"]

[attr="class","quoteBox sideL"]In all of Celeste's many encounters with all manner of Philomenan imbeciles, Ilyas proved to be in a class all his own for jokes in poor taste.
[attr="class","footer"]โ€” Celeste Yazell, unimpressed cocogoat

[attr="class","quoteBox bottom-center"]"Ah, the boy, yes I know him. Honestly? I enjoy frustrating him, his reactions are so honest; it's quite refreshing. He's a damn good shot, though, you've been warned."
[attr="class","footer"]โ€” Catherine Haust, delusional Priestess

[attr="class","quoteBox sideR"]It was so tempting to just break the bastardโ€™s neck right now. But that would only be a temporary satisfaction.
[attr="class","footer"]โ€” Jarmorgan Lanek, jerklord supreme

[attr="class","deco-4"]

[googlefont=Asap|EB Garamond]
[newclass=".quotesTemplate"]width: 500px; height: 450px; background-image: url("https://i.postimg.cc/T2DHY93C/quotes-background.png"); position: relative; display: flex;[/newclass]
[newclass=".quoteBox"]background-image: linear-gradient(#000000ff, #6322dd66); position: absolute; border-radius: 7.5px; color: #fff; text-align: center; padding: 5px; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center; flex-direction: column; font-family: Asap;font-size: 14px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".footer"]color: #f2a60dff; margin-top: 8px; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 2px 2px #000;font-family: EB Garamond;font-size: 16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".quoteBox i"]display: contents;[/newclass]
[newclass=".quoteBox b"]display: contents;[/newclass]
[newclass=".cornerL"]width: 120px; top: 35px; left: 5px; height: 125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".cornerR"]width: 120px; top: 35px; right: 5px; height: 165px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sideL"]width: 125px; bottom: 25px; left: 5px; height: 240px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sideR"]width: 125px; bottom: 25px; right: 5px; height: 200px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottom-center"]width: 190px; height: 170px; bottom: 10px; left: 150px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".circle"]border-radius: 100%; top: 10px; left: 145px; width: 200px; height: 200px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".deco-0"]width: 480px; height: 2px; background-color: #420a42ff; position: absolute; top: 4px; left: 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".deco-1"]width: 100px; height: 2px; background-color: #1bc7caff; top: 229px; left: 200px; position: absolute;[/newclass]
[newclass=".deco-2"]width: 180px; height: 4px; background-color: #FFF; top: 238px; left: 160px; position: absolute;[/newclass]
[newclass=".deco-3"]width: 100px; height: 2px; background-color: #ac80ffff; top: 249px; left: 200px; position: absolute;[/newclass]
[newclass=".deco-4"]width: 480px; height: 2px; background-color: #02cbe5ff; position: absolute; bottom: 3px; left: 10px;[/newclass]
last edit on May 5, 2021 2:46:36 GMT by Noire
Sorojin's Labyrinth
aliasNwah
pronounsยฏ\_(ใƒ„)_/ยฏ
239written posts
Noireearned bits
offlinecurrently
Noire
Noire Avatar
Help, making these things is almost kind of fun-[break][break]

[nospaces]
[attr="class","questionnaire_bg"]
[attr="class","question_textbox"]
[attr="class","question"]1. What does your bedroom look like?

[attr="class","answer"]It's very - and I cannot stress this enough - tiny. Small bunk stuffed somewhere at the back; everyone knows my record and why I got this ship transfer. Still, I like my piles of books, and the odd painting to keep the walls home-y, something all melancholic like wheat fields or that lone tree on a hill come springtime.

[attr="class","question"]2. Do you have any daily/weekly/monthly 'rituals'? What are they?

[attr="class","answer"]My higher-ups insist I have a weekly ritual of seeking out death.

[attr="class","question"]3. Do you exercise? How much? How frequently?

[attr="class","answer"]Only what's necessary to maintain my rank. I'm not a front-line soldier for a reason, and with my... constitution, I understandably don't try to push too much.

[attr="class","question"]4. What's your favorite way to waste time? How do you feel about wasted time?

[attr="class","answer"]It's the most important part of the day, and where the "living" in life often takes place. I like... an assortment of reading, artistic pursuits I'm always failing at, and finding new and exciting ways to disappoint my colleagues.

[attr="class","question"]5. What's your favorite indulgence? How do you feel about indulging?

[attr="class","answer"]... Does... buying nice things for friends count...? How about the latest release on a book series I'm following?

[attr="class","question"]6. What's your favorite meal? Favorite drink? Favorite dessert?

[attr="class","answer"]Ever heard of a Parliamentary Council? It's this dish you make from Sylvanian fish cooked in an Avonmoran garlic sauce, Mistralan-style cured meats on the side, and something green to round it all out. And from Havaska, you get positively hammered on their brandy - can't pretend to be productive at a Parliamentary Council!

[attr="class","answer"]The best drink is anything that gets you drunk quickly, with enough fruit juice to conceal it. Yeah, yeah, I know - fite me.

[attr="class","answer"]Best dessert is easily a pistachio kulfi, though. Northeastern Lemuria used to be known for its dairy and agricultural production; the loss of that combination was truly rhe greatest tragedy of the Decree.

[attr="class","question"]7. Do you wear makeup? If so, what does it usually look like?

[attr="class","answer"]Only when I have blackeyes and explanations worth hiding.

[attr="class","question"]8. What are some intellectual pursuits of yours?

[attr="class","answer"]When not tuning ship engines, I'm working on optimizing an experimental alloy - the magia density and natural decay are great for energy sinks, but that's not really solving any societal problems. It's the low-loss long-term recollection where it'll really change the field.

[attr="class","question"]9. What's your favorite form of media? Your favorite genre within that medium?

[attr="class","answer"]I'd like to say books, but we all know paintings hold a special place in my heart. ... What, you don't think brush strokes tell a story?

[attr="class","question"]10. What's your sexual orientation? Romantic orientation?

[attr="class","answer"]The one where people like me and I somehow don't completely fuck it up.

[attr="class","question"]11. What are your short-term goals?

[attr="class","answer"]Help Celeste and Amaris, don't die, and don't get transferred to Magecraft, an important sub-point of "Don't die".

[attr="class","question"]12. What are your long-term goals?

[attr="class","answer"]Don't die. Become happy. Maybe get a cat, just so I can have something to cross off this list.

[attr="class","question"]13. What's your preferred manner of dress? What do you usually wear?

[attr="class","answer"]My Naval uniform. It's easy, requires absolutely no thought, and I'll be court-martialed for another infraction anyway.

[attr="class","question"]14. What do you usually think about before falling asleep at night?

[attr="class","answer"]Honestly? Work. I've learned a long time ago to push myself into consumed exhaustion whilst planning out the next day's tasks, or the thoughts risk being less than survivable.

[attr="class","question"]15. Do you have a history of any note-worthy illnesses or injuries?

[attr="class","answer"]Uh, you mean like... just the ones a doctor could identify, or...?

[attr="class","question"]16. How organized would you say you are? How does this impact your day-to-day life?

[attr="class","answer"]Incredibly. Habits build everything, and not wasting time looking for stray sigil clips means more time keeping my lies in check.

[attr="class","question"]17. Is there a particular subject you excel at?

[attr="class","answer"]I am the world's pre-eminent expert on wandering Lacrimosa and not winding up dead, somehow.

[attr="class","question"]18. Where do you see yourself ten years from now?

[attr="class","answer"]Somewhere in Lemuria, once we help it have a name again.

[attr="class","question"]19. What is your greatest regret?

[attr="class","answer"]How much time do you have?

[attr="class","question"]20. What is your greatest pride?

[attr="class","answer"]What's a "pride"?

[attr="class","question"]21. What is your greatest guilt?

[attr="class","answer"]All those years chasing off my fears, and I couldn't do the same for her for ten minutes? That's not a friend, that's a...

[attr="class","question"]22. What is your greatest fear?

[attr="class","answer"]The usual one. That everyone is genuinely better off without me, and all my efforts only ever make it worse.

[attr="class","question"]23. What is your greatest embarrassment?

[attr="class","answer"]I like to think that one is still before me, thanks.

[attr="class","question"]24. Who do you see as your closest friend? Your worst enemy?

[attr="class","answer"]Ooh, Lanek for enemy, easy. ... Or maybe one of the Farrow descendants, if they're still kicking around...? And I'm pretty sure Amaris will gut me with a spoon if I run into her again.

[attr="class","answer"]... Oh, I never answered the first part...? Uhm... probably Chips, or maybe Celeste, but don't tell them I told you that. Croissant will make fun of me, and Celeste will absolutely strangle me again.

[attr="class","question"]25. What is your most prized possession?

[attr="class","answer"]I try to not keep material attachments - too easy to get lost or broken over the years, particularly when your lifestyle lends itself to fleeing in the dead of night without warning. Although... I do have a seashell necklace. That one's stayed with me, even though I don't wear it outside.

[attr="class","question"]26. What's your concept of home? Of Family?

[attr="class","answer"]Does a series of unfinished and long-abandoned oil paintings describe it well enough?

[attr="class","question"]27. Are you more analytical or emotional in your decision making?

[attr="class","answer"]Doesn't everyone want to say they're analytical? I like to think I am, with my job and all revolving around solving mechanical problems. ... Then again, I definitely create plenty more...

[attr="class","question"]28. Where do you sit on a scale between humble and arrogant?

[attr="class","answer"]I'd say I'm arrogant and be ushered from the building on everyone's collective wheezing.

[attr="class","question"]29. What are some hobbies of yours?

[attr="class","answer"]You mean other than pissing off everyone on my ship, the entire Navy division, and all of Magecraft, just in case? ... Well. I suppose I do like to piss off the ravenous beasts in the wasteland - and also sometimes the moonborne. Oooh, and reading!

[attr="class","question"]30. What does your education look like? Did you enjoy your time spent learning?

[attr="class","answer"]The earlier years were... difficult, and never because of the books. I had recently graduated an advanced program to finally begin my life when my draft came.

[attr="class","question"]31. Are you religious? If so, what are your religious beliefs?

[attr="class","answer"]I sincerely hope everyone who's ever prayed to Kamaria will one day get to meet her.

[attr="class","question"]32. What are your views on superstition and the occult?

[attr="class","answer"]If only the moonborne were so simple...

[attr="class","question"]33. Are you the sort to use your words or your actions?

[attr="class","answer"]Both. Actions have value with their inherent honesty, and many unpleasant actions are simply necessary. Words are more useful at conveying intention, however; even if the sentences are laced in lies, the contradictions better indicate what we always wished was true.

[attr="class","question"]34. What are your feelings on love?

[attr="class","answer"]It's... a powerful force, and also highly complicated. It can motivate people to move mountains and genuinely improve their lives in pursuit of the simplest smiles, yet people often forget to love themselves, too. There's a kind of serenity that only comes when you can be alone with yourself; I'm still trying to master that one, before I burden anyone else.

[attr="class","question"]35. What would your ideal romantic partner, if any, look like?

[attr="class","answer"]... I... confess I, have been known to harbour a certain weakness for... flaming personalities, shall we say - but an amazing laugh is all anyone really needs to be gorgeous. People who can still feel the sunshine, even at night - those are the sorts who steal the stars.

[attr="class","answer"]Wait, why - is this a setup?!

[attr="class","question"]36. What are your feelings on death?

[attr="class","answer"]May we all accomplish something before it comes.

[attr="class","question"]37. Who have been your biggest heroes over the course of your life?

[attr="class","answer"] I'd say a name here, but I prefer to keep on living, thanks.

[attr="class","question"]38. When you were younger, what did you want to grow up to be?

[attr="class","answer"]An engineer - probably something like civil, because who doesn't want to admire the skyline while being paid to paint it better? But anything that improves at least one person's life is lofty enough for me.

[attr="class","question"]39. What do you like about yourself the most? The least?

[attr="class","answer"]Certain things in life will always be difficult, often because of a loss of familiarity and a confrontation with the unknown. After losing all of them, may it never be said I'm afraid of what the flames have left to take.

[attr="class","answer"]That said, I have been told that sometimes, I... maybe jump into that fire a little too quickly.

[attr="class","question"]40. If you were to RP a character on a play-by-post forum, what would they be like?

[attr="class","answer"]... Okay, don't laugh, but... there're these books about a crime-solving magical detective, yeah? and-

[attr="class","answer"]... Do you think it's too silly if I wished I was more like her sometimes?

[googlefont=Viaoda Libre|Caveat]
[newclass=".questionnaire_bg"]position: relative; width: 555px; height: 800px; background-image: url("https://i.postimg.cc/XqkHkFRd/questionnaire-background2.png"); display: flex; border: 3px solid #3b2060[/newclass]
[newclass=".question_textbox"]position: relative; width: 507px; height: 660px; border: 2px solid #6f3cb4ff; margin: auto auto auto auto; z-index: +1; overflow-y: scroll; scrollbar-width: thin; scrollbar-color: #6f3cb4ff #f9f6e700; white-space: pre-line;padding-top: 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".question"]font-family: Viaoda Libre; color: #4b2879; text-align: left; font-style: italic; font-size: 20px; line-height: 16px; margin-left: 10px; margin-bottom: 8px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".answer"]font-family: Caveat; font-size: 24px; color: #000000; text-align: justify; width: 440px; margin-left: 40px; line-height: 20px; margin-bottom: 20px;[/newclass]
Sorojin's Labyrinth
aliasNwah
pronounsยฏ\_(ใƒ„)_/ยฏ
239written posts
Noireearned bits
offlinecurrently
Noire
Noire Avatar
I'm calling this a poem drabble[break]
It's worth 58,372,628,432 -[break]
... Okay, maybe just the last four points needed for me to finish[break]
[break]
Images, code, & words all me[break]
[break]
[nospaces]
[attr="class","poem_template"]
[attr="class","poem_sky"]
[attr="class","mountains_back"]

[attr="class","borderL"]

[attr="class","poem_text"]I know these words won't reach you,[break]
but should fate find a way,[break]
please know I'm not still lonely, there, sitting broken by the bay.[break]
I'm not the mess still wound with stress and life in disarray.[break]
[break]
I'm happier these days,[break]
for I know I'll still pull through.[break]
It shouldn't be surprising, then, since I learned it all from you.[break]
Just... ignore my gaze of missing days, when I'm sailing through the blue.[break]
[break]
And I still can see that night,[break]
when I have that empty stare.[break]
When we whispered silent oaths, despite the details all rubbed bare,[break]
of the stars, the skies, and our moments alive - it's been too long in lesser years that never could compare.[break]
[break]
But... Please know I'm doing better now,[break]
not the wreck still doomed to sink.[break]
And I'm definitely not still lying when I say I've learned to think[break]
In ways less grim - like sink or swim - as I spiral on the brink.[break]
[break]
Yet what I say is no concern,[break]
here in words you'll never see.[break]
I've done so much and been so far, picking pieces up of me.[break]
[break]
Because you know I wouldn't lie like that.[break]
- That's it, no clever rhyme or quip.[break]
I'm happy contented for the lessons learned to endure all this hardship.[break]
Even if - sure - I ramble on about how you're still gone and it seems one day I'll flip,[break]
or my voice still cracks and I can't relax and this iceberg's just the tip,[break]
or I wash away in tones of gray on sanity's last slip because I can't be strong without you along and I've definitely lost my grip, and now I'm drowning slow in undertows while these words won't leave my lips-[break]
[break]
... Please know I'm doing better now,[break]
on ships that sail through the skies.[break]
You didn't see the early me to know these lines aren't lies.[break]
Besides, it's still this last one that's the hardest,[break]
seeing I never seem to say it - I'm still garbage at goodbyes.[break]
[break]
So instead, I'll say...[break]
Wherever you are,[break]
Whatever's happened,[break]
Despite my imagination filled with dread -[break]
Even if the worst has really come and I find out that you're- ...[break]
[break]
Just... [break]
Sit tight; I'll find you.[break]
[break]
Exactly how I promised, when stars still glittered overhead.[break]
[break]
[attr="class","poem_swoosh"]
[break]
[break]
[break]
[break]
[break]
[break]
[break]
[break]
[break]
[break]

[attr="class","mountains_fore"]

[attr="class","stars1"]

[attr="class","stars2"]

[attr="class","stars3"]

[googlefont=Bad Script]
[newclass=".poem_template"]width: 525px; height: 600px; background-color: #000; position: relative; z-index: 1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".poem_sky"]width: 525px; height: 590px; background-image: url("https://i.postimg.cc/rygW4Ky7/poem-sky-background.png"); position: relative; top: 5px; z-index: 2;[/newclass]
[newclass=".poem_text"]width: 485px; height: 550px; padding: 20px; color: #fff; overflow-y: scroll; scrollbar-width: none; white-space: pre-wrap; z-index: 3; position: absolute; font-family: Bad Script; font-size: 18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".poem_swoosh"]background-image: url("https://i.postimg.cc/WtLPzsy8/poem-swoosh.png"); width: 195px; height: 50px; position: relative; display: inline-block;[/newclass]
[newclass=".mountains_back"]background-image: url("https://i.postimg.cc/nMb1CLt3/poem-mountains-background.png"); width: 525px; height: 88px; z-index: 2; position: absolute; bottom: 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".mountains_fore"]background-image: url("https://i.postimg.cc/D0bgvXRW/poem-mountains-foreground.png"); width: 525px; height: 46px; position: absolute; bottom: 0px; z-index: 4;[/newclass]
[newclass=".borderL"]width: 1px; height: 530px; left: 10px; top: 40px; position: absolute; border-left: 3px double #fff; background-color: #ffffff00; z-index: 3;[/newclass]
[newclass=".stars1"]position: absolute; background-image: url("https://i.postimg.cc/bYKGkkcC/poem-stars1.png"); width: 510px; height: 409px; top: 12px; left: 11px; animation: fadeMild 4.3s infinite alternate;[/newclass]
[newclass=".stars2"]position: absolute; background-image: url("https://i.postimg.cc/dVFLSF0G/poem-stars2.png"); width: 494px; height: 474px; left: 17px; top: 3px; animation: fadeAnim 2.73s infinite alternate;[/newclass]
[newclass=".stars3"]position: absolute; background-image: url("https://i.postimg.cc/VLnJRvzY/poem-stars3.png"); width: 470px; height: 347px; left: 8px; top: 27px; animation: fadeAnimDelay 5s infinite alternate-reverse backwards;[/newclass]
[newclass="nullelem"]} @keyframes fadeAnim { 100%{ opacity: 1.0; } 0%{ opacity: 0; } } @keyframes fadeAnimDelay { 100%{ opacity: 1.0; } 60%{ opacity: 0; } 0%{ opacity: 0; } } @keyframes fadeMild { 100%{ opacity: 0.75; } 66%{ opacity: 1.0; } 33%{ opacity: 0.75; } 0%{ opacity: 0.1; } [/newclass]
Sorojin's Labyrinth
write a reply

QUICK REPLY

WRITE YOUR POST DOWN BELOW