[ic] same mistake

pronounsshe/they
8written posts
skiearned bits
offlinecurrently
ski
ski Avatar
plot

"Asha was a superpower country that led the world into the rise of technology infused with magic and the trendsetters of leading to a better future. Many called it a utopia where no wrong can be done. Its capital, Shecor, is especially attractive to outsiders. Its impressive architect that leaned heavily towards what is considered old fashioned and technology that couldn't be comprehended to an outsider was what caught the eyes of millions. Those same outsiders were from oppressive and authoritarian countries that ruled with an iron fist and Asha welcomed them with open arms.

This didn't sit well with the patriots that stood proud and tall as natives of Asha. They viewed the current regime as weak, spineless, and wanting to rid the current native Asha population. They rebelled against the government by executing a coup d'etat. The former government was overthrown and there was a massive shift and change in power. Citizens with Asha citizenship, but not Asha-born were labelled outsiders. Their rights as a citizen were taken away and were seen as mere second class citizens. This was a start of an oppressive regime that pushed the newly formed government to conquer and colonize under Asha's name for centuries.

The government and military have created a bioweapon that would surely make their mark as a force not to reckon with. No one knew what exactly happened, but the results after it was ghastly. An outbreak occurred that infected both non-native and native Asha alike that turned them into destructive monsters that fed off of blood and the bodies of their victims. The capital was soon taken over by these beasts and the lives of millions were lost.

All sense of order and authority were lost for the government. Citizens of Asha, regardless of their birthplace, were left to fend for themselves. Opportunists have taken use of the situation to spread more tension between the government and the people. Every person relocated to other cities of Asha as the capital crumbled to pieces, but there was one city that most people went to: Acryae. And where the people go, the government will follow to maintain power.

The outbreak has lasted 70 years and counting as every single person in Asha is trying to survive and escape the country. Borders were closed so no one could get in or out, but that didn't stop many to try and find a new country for safety. While the government tries to fight for control, citizens have taken matters into their own hands and create factions to either combat the system or to become the new system.

Will there ever be unity or will they make the same mistake of burning the bridge once more?

overview

ohai there. so if you could tell from the premise above i wouldn't even blame you if you didn't read it lol, same mistake is a fantasy apocalyptic rp that centers around an outbreak that has created mythical monsters that feed off of blood and all that gore goodness. this has been the result of power hungry government officials who resented the idea of those not native to the country coming into their country and wanting to have the world operate under their rule. they created a bioweapon that immediately backfired and now the world has gone down the toilet. i wanted more apocalyptic sites and dang it i'll make a site if i have to. that and i wanted a reason to mix fantasy and terrible outbreak together lol.

i have the basic idea down of what i want from the site, so the plot itself may change (after all, it's rough draft). the outcome and general premise though will remain the same: the government screws up, a virus outbreak exists, the world has crumbled into pieces. here's some ideas of what you CAN expect since i don't want to set up expectations i may not hold up:

1) jcink. 'nough said. it just feels easier to navigate, y'know? i want to go for premium because i believe that the overall vibe of this site can be mature once i flesh out the details. with the topic of mature, this site WILL have mature content but WILL NOT BE 18+. why? because i myself knew what it was like to be under 18 and see a cool site only for it to be 18+. therefore, i feel like people under 18 should be able to join but will not partake in mature content and threads related to such nature will be tagged.

2) as you already guessed it, this will be in a fantasy setting with technology on magic. there will be some borrowed sci elements in technology, but nothing too obscure. maybe.

3) only animated faces will be allowed. this includes animanga, manhwa, western animation, comics, etc. as long as it is DRAWN i will allow it. in a fantasy setting i would rather not limit face claims in general. no rl faces.

4) there shall be 3 races: humans, nonhumans, and AIs running on magic. i say "non humans" as in mythical races are allowed so as long as they aren't overpowered. i don't have a name for them yet, but... wanna have powers resembling a vampire? go for it! wanna be a full on anthropomorphic animal? pop. the. frick. off. if you would rather want actual established races, let me know. (humans also have powers, but you can choose for any of the races to not have powers character wise).

5) magic, powers, all of that nice stuff are going to be on the site. you can pick whatever power you wish. i might also divide these powers into types, so stuff like physical, mental, kinesis, etc, will be the categories. i will also allow characters to have a "main type" and a "secondary type", but the secondary type will be locked.

6) monsters are, of course, a big factor to the site. these bad boys can be killed, never tamed. these will have their own types and categories, so expect quite a few to cause ruckus among asha.

7) i may have people create their own bestial companions for the fun of it. who wouldn't a giant ass wolf as a companion?

8) i might create a quest system, but i wouldn't hold your breath on it lol.

9) canons... might be a thing? not sure on that yet, but those could just be npc depending on how many canons i want in place along with the number of factions.

10) no set wc. bc. nahh.

11) activity checks will be a thing maybe... two to three months? depending if i allow canons, they must post at least once every month. you won't be kicked out of the server because ik life happens, but at most your characters will be archived and will be brought back when you ask for it.

i know this looks a little messy, but it's only because i'm in the early stage of actually making this make sense. rest assure that everything will be clarified and more detailed once i get to actually working on the lore. got any questions or anything else to comment on, do leave a post. owo
last edit on Apr 19, 2021 2:14:07 GMT by ski
pronounsThey/Them
544written posts
Coyoteearned bits
offlinecurrently
Coyote
Part of the Furniture
Coyote Avatar
I'm interested in this, apocalyptic sites that aren't rl claims only are a rare breed that I'm pretty hungry for? So like, sign me up! I love the outbreak apocalypse genre and I have a few characters I could 100% slide on into this concept!