Revolutionaries Wanted for RWBY AU

446written posts
wolfeearned bits
offlinecurrently
wolfe
wolfe Avatar
Alright, bottom line up front. I recently decided to shift focus on my AU RWBY site and split into two factions and two major hubs the standard Rebellion Versus The Man™ plot. We just did a time skip to transition the site, and I’m advertising for the brand new hub that only opened up post-timeskip. We're also a site that uses stats and systems and progression, which I realize is a deal-breaker for some people who prefer freeform.

The rebellion faction has a small but dedicated group of members who aren’t going anywhere. One has 330 posts in the past 12 months, one has around 195, one has 39 and is one of several characters of a player with over 500 combined posts over the past two years. I’m the one with around 195, and I’ll be playing the leader of the Rebellion™ and will be running periodic events/group threads as part of that where we clear out Grimm infestations, expand territory, get into skirmishes with The Man™ and his Huntsmen, etc. We’re the smaller major faction by far, and while we’re perfectly capable of self-sustaining with three I’d like to get one or two more to round out the roster – more would be awesome, of course, but only hoping for 1-2 bites. Putting in the post counts because it's not a concern that we'll go away. We're here regardless and looking for a few more to round out the group and open up some plotting opportunities.

Currently there are two major canon groups within the revolutionaries, and broadly they are a coalition of bandit tribes and my faction, the Kozaks. The latter as one might be able to tell from the name inspired by the Eastern European groups who were known for their militarized societies, democracy, and the most insulting letter than a Sultan has ever received.

None of the Revolutionaries are good people, per se. Each has committed high crimes and misdemeanors that would see them in prison or executed outright at some point, even if their only high crime was joining the organization at all and being branded a traitor to the Kingdom. The difference between the two groups is basically just standards. The inspiration from sources like Final Fantasy Tactics' Corpse Brigade and Fire Emblem's Black Eagle Strike Force acknowledged because I love both of them.

The stock standard Kozak values honesty and the needs of the community above themselves. They recognize that personal security cannot exist without group security, but are also known to be hot headed. They rush to the scene of a fight without thinking, and tend to swarm it and over-committing resources to the first sign of trouble. Their goals and priorities on paper are arguably even noble due to their focus on collective security above all else, but when those goals and priorities clash with other groups they are ruthless in rooting out and destroying the enemy through any means necessary. Terrorism, guerilla warfare, and even strategic use of Grimm is not off the table in order to save the lives of those in the community from enemies both internal and external.

The bandits do not have any current members, and if they do end up being of interest my goal with them is to have a sort of ideological conflict. I want characters who look out for themselves first and put individual security over collective security, and basically have the opposite world view. Looking at life like a zero sum game where you must take in order to receive, they might not even have the same ideological conflict with the Council that the Kozaks do. Attaching to a group that’s the enemy of your enemy is perfectly valid, especially when that group has resources and manpower and coordination that you can take advantage of in the short term to strike out against your enemies while having alliances to back you up in the case of trouble.

Specific character requests have never really worked out for me here, so I’m trying something different. I don’t know what the hip and happening Face Claims or personality types are. I’m not someone who particularly cares about Face Claims for the most part, and I’m someone who is willing to work with someone to fit their personality into a role and some ready made connections for some plots and immediate threading opportunities. Let's go save a country by burning down half of it, together!

last edit on Apr 19, 2021 22:00:37 GMT by wolfe
internally screaming
pronounsshe/her
1,786written posts
Nekoearned bits
offlinecurrently
Neko
Administrator
Neko Avatar
stressed, depressed, and probably not well-dressed
[nospaces]

[attr="class","infoBG"]
[attr="class","infoBG2"]
[attr="class","infoBack"]
[attr="class","infoTitle"][attr="class","fa fa-star-o"] threadarchived
[attr="class","infoDiv"]

[attr="class","infoBody"]

To keep the forum clean and so people know that all threads in certain areas are current and that the OP is likely to still have interest, we archive threads that haven't gotten posts for 2 weeks. This thread is being archived for that reason. If you would like this thread reopened, contact a staff member.