Getting back into rp, need a site

pronounshe/they
4written posts
Hiroearned bits
offlinecurrently
Hiro
Hiro Avatar
between heaven and hell, i’d rather just be home.
I haven't done proper forum roleplaying in a couple of years now and want to test the waters again, but I haven't had much luck with sorting through ads by myself so far. Figured a post like this might be worth a shot.

• Original animanga is my only hard "requirement", to be honest, and really just because I'm not very interested in most of the media the current fan-based sites seem to be revolving around (like Pokemon and Fire Emblem), so no panfandom or RL please. I don't have strong feelings about genre but I do like power systems and the option for combat. The rest of the list is more preference than anything.
  • In terms of size I'm looking for fairly busy, I'd rather the site have daily posting, or at least significant activity from its members so it wouldn't peter out within a few months. I'd want a balance of "not so big that you'd get drowned out by the senior community, but enough that people have other things to do even if you're not regularly present", since I can get caught up in other work and worry that I'd be intruding on smaller sites that way.
  • Lore-based RPs tend to be a hit-and-miss for me, so it's difficult to definitively pick and choose in this department but in general I prefer sites that don't heavily rely on knowledge of the setting. I'm OK with most cases but I tend to hesitate in roleplays with very large and established worlds, sometimes it can be great inspiration to integrate characters and plots, other times having such an extensive history becomes overwhelming.
  • Not a priority and can definitely go without in the case of slice-of-life/realistic type RPs, but I find it easier to maintain a long-term presence with a stat-based type of goal for characters.

That's more or less all I have to say here, any suggestions would be appreciated.
446written posts
wolfeearned bits
offlinecurrently
wolfe
wolfe Avatar
Going to post because my site fits most of what you want and frankly power systems sites are not popular at all in animanga right now -- I'd go as far as to say I'm one of the few advocates for it left here. The only other ones I'm even aware of are in the Fire Emblem sphere, which you've specifically excluded in original post.

We're in transition phase after a timeskip and a site plot reorientation, but the good news is that at this point we're basically RWBY inspired rather than RWBY AU so you don't actually need to know the source material at all. The lore is present but mostly done IC and frankly the only thing you need to know is that we're doing a standard Government vs. Rebellion plot and those are our factions.

We have a progression system that's been going steady for two years OOC set up with exponential gains between ranks so the amount to catch up to someone's rank past a certain point is noticeably less than it is for the higher person's rank to increase in a skill. We have combat systems largely used for PvP and a streamlined system meant for group threads/events that is specifically designed to remove stalling and encourage proactive play.

We're recovering from an activity downswing right now, but even then we have multiple posts a day with events in the pipeline which always result in a decent activity spike. I've completely moved on from having a plan for the site plot overall, and have shifted basically entirely to letting players decide what they want to do and how they want to change the setting and refocused my energy on my own faction. Overview blurb below:

The Remnant Project is set twenty-eight years after the Great War in an AU timeline and is focused primarily on the struggle between Council forces and the so-called "Revolutionary League" in a brewing civil war. The site has a progression system that is designed to last through years of user play, and will attempt to deliver on the fantasy of starting off weak and progressing into a legitimate hero with a list of significant accomplishments worthy of someone with that title by way of giving people clear ways to enact change in the world and site events that will change the setting in both big and small ways over time.

ENTER

ADVERTISINGRULES AU HISTORYDISCORD
pronounshe/they
4written posts
Hiroearned bits
offlinecurrently
Hiro
Hiro Avatar
between heaven and hell, i’d rather just be home.
wolfe Avatar
Going to post because my site fits most of what you want and frankly power systems sites are not popular at all in animanga right now -- I'd go as far as to say I'm one of the few advocates for it left here. The only other ones I'm even aware of are in the Fire Emblem sphere, which you've specifically excluded in original post.

We're in transition phase after a timeskip and a site plot reorientation, but the good news is that at this point we're basically RWBY inspired rather than RWBY AU so you don't actually need to know the source material at all. The lore is present but mostly done IC and frankly the only thing you need to know is that we're doing a standard Government vs. Rebellion plot and those are our factions.

We have a progression system that's been going steady for two years OOC set up with exponential gains between ranks so the amount to catch up to someone's rank past a certain point is noticeably less than it is for the higher person's rank to increase in a skill. We have combat systems largely used for PvP and a streamlined system meant for group threads/events that is specifically designed to remove stalling and encourage proactive play.

We're recovering from an activity downswing right now, but even then we have multiple posts a day with events in the pipeline which always result in a decent activity spike. I've completely moved on from having a plan for the site plot overall, and have shifted basically entirely to letting players decide what they want to do and how they want to change the setting and refocused my energy on my own faction. Overview blurb below:

The Remnant Project is set twenty-eight years after the Great War in an AU timeline and is focused primarily on the struggle between Council forces and the so-called "Revolutionary League" in a brewing civil war. The site has a progression system that is designed to last through years of user play, and will attempt to deliver on the fantasy of starting off weak and progressing into a legitimate hero with a list of significant accomplishments worthy of someone with that title by way of giving people clear ways to enact change in the world and site events that will change the setting in both big and small ways over time.

ENTER

ADVERTISINGRULES AU HISTORYDISCORD

Thank you for the recommendation, I’ll give it a look over (I’ll admit I don’t know much about RWBY’s base story though lol). To anyone else just in case I’ll also take the time to emphasise that power system/stat-based isn’t the only thing I’m looking for, I’m fine with almost any type so long as it fits the other points, including narrative RPs without combat at all. 
Tidal Wave
aliasAkira, Tsunami, Tsu, Blue, Aki, Kazzie
pronounsAny
4,041written posts
AkiraTsunamiearned bits
offlinecurrently
AkiraTsunami
Part of the Furniture
AkiraTsunami Avatar
I've got a hurricane in my head, I can't feel a thing, but it's better than dead
I thought I had replied to this one...

Hi! We at Remnants of Fate would love to have you come look around! We are an original animanga rp site that as much as I try to put the plot into words I really can't without rambling because there are multiple plotlines and factions and species and really it's best if people just check us out and ask questions.

What I can say though, is that we are fairly active as a community, moreso on the weekends. We are mostly adults with work and school and understand when life gets too busy, but we all reply pretty often. We live in discord too so that's always good. Everyone is very welcoming and friendly as a community, and we all love plotlines. We've been open for about 2 years now, so there's no real worry of it disappearing within a few months, but that being said, while the lore is pretty built up and established, it is really easy to come in and do standalone things. The plot often will find you, and the admins are very open with answering all questions you might have, so knowledge of the lore is not exactly necessary in most cases as long as you read the bits of information in the main board to understand the setting then you're golden. I know you mentioned lore based sites are pretty hit-or-miss, but we're pretty open about it so it's pretty easy to find yourself wrapped up in it. We don't have a stat system exactly. Our upgrades go based on points and participation in site events, and admins tend to give out points like free candy every so often.

So please feel free to come check us out, stay and hang out to chat and get to know the community before joining, or just wander on through. We look forward to seeing you and good luck with your site searching!

internally screaming
pronounsshe/her
1,763written posts
Nekoearned bits
offlinecurrently
Neko
Administrator
Neko Avatar
stressed, depressed, and probably not well-dressed
[nospaces]

[attr="class","infoBG"]
[attr="class","infoBG2"]
[attr="class","infoBack"]
[attr="class","infoTitle"][attr="class","fa fa-star-o"] threadarchived
[attr="class","infoDiv"]

[attr="class","infoBody"]

To keep the forum clean and so people know that all threads in certain areas are current and that the OP is likely to still have interest, we archive threads that haven't gotten posts for 2 weeks. This thread is being archived for that reason. If you would like this thread reopened, contact a staff member.