Rosan Academy || Next Generation Fairy Tales

pronounsShe/Her
251written posts
milkearned bits
offlinecurrently
milk
milk Avatar
still lactose intolerant

In the land of Fairy Tales and fantastical worlds, peace has reigned among its magical denizens for generations. For in this land of Fairy Tales, all know their roles and know what they are destined to be. Rosan Academy is where the next generation of Fairy Tale heroes, villains, swindlers, fairy godmothers and more, all receive the finest education to prepare them for their Fairy Tale futures….

TL;DR Descendents/ever after high next generation of fairy tale characters all going to school together
  • Rosan Academy - A Four Year high-school level boarding school that focuses on preparing young people for their destined Fairy Tales. It is a respected institution that has existed since the first words of the first fairy tales were written. (Note: Name Pending?)
  • A ‘Fairy Tale Role’ is inherited from a parent who previously had the role. In this world, all Fairy Tales are compiled into a book known as the Grimoire. The Grimoire is a magical macguffin that basically keeps the entire Fairy Tale World functioning and full of magic. Characters in each Fairy Tale are not singular people, but ‘titles’ or ‘roles’ passed down through generations and it is up to each familial line to upkeep the roles and keep the Grimoire happy.
  • Going against Destiny? - The Lost Tales, if a child of a Fairy Tale Character were to defy taking upon the role gifted to them by their parent, then they put the story they exist in at risk of being lost forever. The Lost Tales are tales that disappeared from the Grimoire and are no longer recognized as Fairy Tales, forgotten and abandoned to time…
  • A Fairy Tale Setting with a Modern Twist - Think of Fairy Tale Land as an amalgamation of every fun fantasy fairy tale kingdom, with commoners, nobles, even fairies, and enchanted animals, but for the sake of RP, I’d love to focus solely on characters who are part of Fairy Tales. However, it's also a relatively modern world that has developed over the years, modern amenities and conventions like cell phones, cars, and the net also exist.
  • Play as a Student or a Teacher - As a student, you’re being prepared for the Fairy Tale role. As a teacher, you already are living the Role out or have retired from performing it.
  • What is a Fairy Tale? - I currently have a list of most and well-known traditional Fairytales and Fables, borrowing mostly from Brothers Grimm, Hans Christian Anderson, Aesop, and I even threw in Alice in Wonderland in there too. I would love for players to throw in whatever fairy tale from whatever they can find as well! The only things I would like to say wouldn’t be allowed are things like Greek/Roman/Norse/Egyptian/Japanese etc Gods, I feel they don’t really fit in with a ‘Fairy Tale.’ There is also an option of adding “Lost Tales” to the list of claims, which is an idea I would like to flesh out.
  • It’s going to be illustrated animanga, of course. And most likely hosted on Jcink because I already have a skin but I need to work on templates and fullying editing it out. I’m debating whether to have the 18+ tag on it, the answer will more likely be no because, in reality, I’m looking to create a more light-hearted community and vibe.
  • A timeline? - Write now it’s all a google doc with a bunch of notes and a spreadsheet with around 30+ listed fairy tales. I want to take my time with this to make it mostly decent (I'm also only one person atm haha) so I’m hoping for mid-June to July for a soft opening and then we see where we go from there!
  • Grimoire?? - Full disclosure that I took a lot of inspiration from Ever After High with a few creative liberties. I wanted it to be less ‘I am the I child of Cinderella’ to make it more of a generational, steeped in tradition sort of thing. As in, this is how society would have evolved a lot later in order to upkeep the Fairy Tales (Like if Ever After High continued on with the next generation after the current one and so on and so forth). I might just do away with it for a more simplified “I am the Child of Cinderella” if it doesn’t seem to appeal to people and instead the focus can be that first generation of children. I lowkey just didn’t want to make it that every prince, princess, and random Fairy Tale Character all had to have children at the same time for them all to go to school at the same time. Also, I think it leaves roles more open to interpretation, as some roles aren’t even human characters or it really makes no sense for certain characters to have kids.
  • I stress that I want this to be super easy to jump into and not cluttered with lore. So the Grimoire, Lost Tales, Generational Fairy Tale Roles, as well as the idea of the Academy is about as deep as I wanted to go, leaving more to player interpretation and creation.
  • The person taking on the role does not have to match the gender or personality of the Fairy Tale Character they are going to inherit. Obviously, this would be the central conflict that would hassle most characters if they didn’t already love the role that they were given.

Thanks for reading! I really wanted to just write all my ideas down and see if it sparked an interest. Again I stress that I will probably be taking a long time to put this all together, but it’s hopefully something that will bring joy and a creative muse to some fellow RPers and netizens.

last edit on May 19, 2021 16:50:46 GMT by milk
pronounsThey/Them
544written posts
Coyoteearned bits
onlinecurrently
Coyote
Part of the Furniture
Coyote Avatar
this is a really cute idea and I'd love to see and potentially be involved in it! I've really wanted to join a lot of the sites out there with this concept based off those properties, but they're all rl face claims, so seeing one pop up that's illustrated would be awesome!