Favorite Aesthetic

pronounsshe/her
10written posts
koumoriearned bits
offlinecurrently
koumori
koumori Avatar
crunch Avatar
been really getting into cursed, afflicted, or otherwise completely fucked-up heroes. disfigurement, burns, scars, stitches, infections, lost limbs. dents in their armor, rust on their weapons. tattered, dirt-stained capes and cloaks. people who've been chewed up and spitten out by the world, forsaken by fate but still keep going despite their bodies telling them to stop. i'll go for an FC with a mask, helmet, eyepatch, bandages, or some face-covering and leave the nature of their affliction up to the imagination. offers up some fun storytelling about who or what they were before everything went wrong.

in that same vein, FCs without a face. dudes in full armor who rarely, if ever, remove their helm, especially if they're a knight or crusader in a fantasy setting. they could be a murderous psycho or a mysterious hero, but they have to be losing their grip in some way.

so, yeah, berserk basically.
Oh I love this so much. I love your brain
🦇
aliasAsk me~
pronounsHe or They
173written posts
Wraithearned bits
offlinecurrently
Wraith
Wraith Avatar
There's hope beyond this lone abyss.
For general avatars and such, I lean towards woodblock-like illustrations and, as you can see here right now, mangacaps. On the other hand, I will sometimes use my own art, which can be very similar to what I first mentioned but I also use some of my painted works. Now, to get into what my art looks like would be a whole different can of artistic worms, so I won't go into detail here. And then there's the classic animal pictures, especially of cats or of cute little rats.

For character images, I lean towards long-haired characters of any gender who are sometimes sturdy in appearance, and I love..I mean I love giving characters pointed ears, be them elf-like ears, more realistic pointed ears, or animal ears. I also like giving characters detailed horns, despite how painful they can be to consistently get right. Armour and fancy robes. I like giving characters visible face scars and such as well, partly because I also have some facial scarring but also because they always tell a bit of a story on their own. There was a period of time where I kept making characters with eye-patches as well.

I have an overall fondness for limited colour palettes that make certain features pop (eyes as an easy example here). I like both neutral colours and vibrant colours, though regardless I tend to go towards more sombre and tense expressions for any faces.
Catscape Meow!
the waking storm
aliasLuxu, TenebraeQueene
pronounsShe/They
313written posts
Galeforceearned bits
offlinecurrently
Galeforce
Galeforce Avatar
covered in scars but roses are coming through the cracks
my aesthetics contradict.

i love bubblegum pink, preppy, cute blond girls with bright and peppy colors and a million stuffed animals. because that's the kinda thing i *wish* i had if i wasn't the way i was. my ideal self lol.

but i also love like, gothic, dark colors, vampires, werewolves, witches, etc. with spooky vibes even tho i hate spooky horror things irl.

game/anime-wise. I'm a sucker for fantasy. specifically medieval fantasy. with thicc armors, tenacious steeds, and vast northern kingdoms stuck in deep winter. with dragons, wolves, and the like. also blacksmiths working the forge. badass warrior people. warrior kings. nordic type folks.

and on the complete opposite, i LOVE exotic desert kingdoms with vibrant colors and dangerous deep sand seas. decadent and powerful (and hot) rulers. and of course warrior culture. i just love the badass "strong and capable of surviving the harsh wilderness like a badass" aesthetic in fantasy lol.
write a reply

QUICK REPLY

WRITE YOUR POST DOWN BELOW