pronounsThey / Him
623written posts
Toastyearned bits
offlinecurrently
Toasty
Part of the Furniture
Toasty Avatar
>w<
Most times when I'm searching for images for things like hovers and icons, I search "anime male aesthetic". I may add other things depending on what kind of aesthetic I want, which got me thinking: What kind of aesthetic is your favorite? Mine's definitely pastel. I love the pinks and blues and the other soft, bright colors. Makes me want cotton candy.
139written posts
Stallasearned bits
offlinecurrently
Stallas
Stallas Avatar
ACT IV: HOOLIGAN TALES
Masculine - Lots of jewelry or piercings, two-tone hair, athletic, EYEBAGS
Feminine - Elegant or long-sleeved clothing / dresses, facial scars
Universal - Dark or blue hair, preferably not smiling, narrowed eyes, NEED MORE EYEBAGS FCS
pronounsshe/her
19written posts
yanearned bits
offlinecurrently
yan
yan Avatar
depends on personality.

stoics or laidback look pretty in dark aesthetics; dark short hair, piercings, carries small blades ??..

angis look pretty in hot aesthetics; redhead, xtra make up, longer hair mayb.. jewelry.

n then for the suave and cool personality an equally cool aesthetic. blonde or blue hair, smiles, slicked look, suits & coats (!!!!)
last edit on Jun 18, 2021 15:39:07 GMT by yan
pronounsshe/any
51written posts
goldieearned bits
offlinecurrently
goldie
goldie Avatar
faster pussycat! kill kill!
i'm not sure if we are talking strictly within the realm of anime, but this is really such a fun topic. lately i've been very obsessed with like, stepford wives? the idea of the perfect housewife, a la 1950s, but something is like really off. (i'm a fashion student so please forgive), but the ideas of layered undergarments and beauty rituals to create this really dynamic hourglass shape and flawless visage. i have this pinterest board for it rn.

as far as anime goes i really like lace and bows and maximalism, which usually has me leaning towards lolita stuff, but i'm not always super in love with how lolitas are always little girls? i think it would be interesting to see some more maturity in that part of the anime world, especially since it can be so sexualized. 
211written posts
sielearned bits
offlinecurrently
siel
siel Avatar
not really an aesthetic, but when i look for face claims i tend to gravitate toward androgynous faces and fashion. it's something i can relate to irl i guess, but also the ambiguity forces me to break the character out of some archetypes i'd otherwise adopt too lazily.

in general, i'm really into gothic aesthetics atm. might be because i'm playing a ton of bloodborne (: don't know if i'm educated enough on the subject to really explain accurately, but something about gothic architecture feels so contradictory. like, it's so ornate, but the pinprick sharpness to everything feels so severe? intricate, but somehow ascetic?

and then there's gothic storytelling, so anything fixated on death, horror, dark magic, corruptive romanticism... idk. shamelessly edgy stuff that reminds me of middle school basically haha
aliasLOVELORN, LL, LORN
pronounsSHE/HER
123written posts
lovelornearned bits
offlinecurrently
lovelorn
lovelorn Avatar
real winners quit
generally i tend to use characters who are conventionally attractive or have designs that like dont deviate 2 much from standards of beauty -- like ashiya douman (fgo)'s design i would consider 2 out there for me. i lean more towards clean lines than a sketchy style, LIGHT-COLORED HAIR. i like a lot of western fantasy/medieval aesthetics like crowns and knights and armor etc.
aliasphimbolina
pronounsfeminine
550written posts
PHIMBOearned bits
offlinecurrently
PHIMBO
Part of the Furniture
PHIMBO Avatar
So, too, is Death possessed of infinite strategies and a gaunt nature.
today i was told my fc aesthetic is DISNEY VILLAIN.

for men i gravitate towards faces that look villainous (they wear their "ugliness" like a badge of honor). nothing too conventional either — i primarily look for snake-like dispositions (gin from bleach) and beauty deviations (like kny's douma), though sometimes i'd opt for someone masked (chisaki/overhaul from mha).

for women it... really depends on the concept. usually i make femme fatales and action girls. seductress queens who look and behave like they own their sexuality. dark hair and red hair are my staples, tho i've been known to make the occasional pink-haired manic pixie dream girl.
aliasNova
pronounsShe/her
159written posts
Novaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Nova
Nova Avatar
In terms of fcs, exposing myself but I get told a lot that a certain fc is very "nova" and after rping with me for some time...it's not too hard to notice a pattern oops. But I really like and usually only use "pretty" fcs, like the first thought of looking at the fc is, that is a pretty fc, with a little more on the cuter side than hot. It's not really a conscious thing just a pattern I've noticed as the type I gravitate towards. White haired fcs or black hair red eyed fcs in particular are *chefs kiss. 

As for aesthetics, I found that I really like warm pastels like pink, peach, orange when making moodboards. When joining sites, I usually give my first character a red aesthetic too. I do like pastel blue tho, any pastels really!
aliasThe Moustachioed Greek
pronounshe/him
202written posts
Kostearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kost
Kost Avatar
D-d-digimon!
For my characters' avatars & hovers I tend to pick images that lean on the animanga art style as much as possible. I generally avoid using more realistic sakimichan-esque artwork, because while those are very well-drawn, I find the difference in style kinda jarring. I usually browse through hundreds of images until I find the one that's the highest quality and/or fits the character best imo. For example, if my character is supposed to be broody, I don't wanna pick an image where their FC is shown smiling.
pronounshe/him
29written posts
crunchearned bits
offlinecurrently
crunch
crunch Avatar
been really getting into cursed, afflicted, or otherwise completely fucked-up heroes. disfigurement, burns, scars, stitches, infections, lost limbs. dents in their armor, rust on their weapons. tattered, dirt-stained capes and cloaks. people who've been chewed up and spitten out by the world, forsaken by fate but still keep going despite their bodies telling them to stop. i'll go for an FC with a mask, helmet, eyepatch, bandages, or some face-covering and leave the nature of their affliction up to the imagination. offers up some fun storytelling about who or what they were before everything went wrong.

in that same vein, FCs without a face. dudes in full armor who rarely, if ever, remove their helm, especially if they're a knight or crusader in a fantasy setting. they could be a murderous psycho or a mysterious hero, but they have to be losing their grip in some way.

so, yeah, berserk basically.
no angel
alias██████
pronounszimzala/bim
170written posts
ace.earned bits
offlinecurrently
ace.
ace. Avatar
I took a little piece of your heart, don't hate me.
women — cool, feral, stoic (x), casual, elegant. i try to pick images that i think have personality & character. or like, y'know, soul. i generally don't want them to be too cutesy or childish-looking.

men — the fc needs to make me go 'ooh, pretty' & not be too smiley. most of my dudes don't have anything to be happy about

universal — androgyny/otherwise gnc. "natural" hair colors. i like sketchy/artsy art & tend to lean hard from glossy, semi-realistic, sakimichan-lite styles. i also favor simple designs (or off model pics) bc it's easier to think of this (kinda generic in the good way blond lad in armor) as being a rough approximate of My character versus like, this or this (doing entirely too much) 
last edit on Feb 12, 2023 2:11:31 GMT by ace.
write a reply

QUICK REPLY

WRITE YOUR POST DOWN BELOW