write a reply

Interest Check + Updates for DMC x Bayonetta site.

aliasFrosty
pronouns*shrugs*
164written posts
«Fr¤§t¥»earned bits
offlinecurrently
«Fr¤§t¥»
«Fr¤§t¥» Avatar
On my Devil May Cry shtick again
A Note
Worked on enough coding for it. And I'm attempting to skin for it anyways... So might as well test the waters here. Also also, apologies for this not being in a super pretty template. Proboards Templates are hard af yo.

My Devil Trigger
A Devil May Cry x Bayonetta RP Interest Check

About
My Devil Trigger, will be an upcoming roleplay site primarily based off of the popular character action games Devil May Cry and Bayonetta with considerations for canon characters from other character action franchises (Metal Gear Rising Revengance, Ninja Gaiden, Punishing: Gray Raven, Honkai Impact 3rd, etc) as long as players can tweak the characters to fit to the site's setting and lore. Play as any of the Devil May Cry or Bayonetta
cannons in a world that combines the lore of both franchises.

Species
The site will have three playable species groups, (Human, Devil, Dea) with each group having it's own list of sub-species to choose from that will each have their own dedicated lore that falls inline with the DMC and Bayonetta franchises.

Example
  • Humans
    • Mortal
    • Gifted
    • Cursed
    • Vampire

• Devils
    • Witch
    • Demon
    • Sucubi/Incubi

• Dea
    • Sage
    • Angel

Oh the places you'll go
The site will have a main location known as the City of Resonance, a city built on top of an ancient Nexus point caused by the vibrational resonance between all of the realms and everything in between. Beyond that the site will have the Underworld; (Inferno), the Overworld (Paradisio), The human World (Purgatorio) each with their own locations within with plenty of things to do.

Things to do
Bounty Missions are in character missions that you're character can take on which involve some sort of task. Think of them like quests really. Typically they'll involve hunting a demon, laguna, or enemy of some kind which is run by staff. Complete the bounty to claim things like extra orbs, special items or weapons for your characters, etc.

Escape Limbo Limbo is a realm between the human and demon realm. It's unique because it is alive, prescient, and It has a very nasty habit in Resonance City of pulling people into it and slowly feeding off of their souls. Random event that will happen occasionally, one or more players and their characters will be randomly selected for a thread with the single win condition; Escape.

Multiple Storylines will be available in all three realms (Paradisio, Purgatorio, Inferno)

Mechanics
My Devil Trigger isn't going to have any kind of classical power systems or structures in place that are enforced. The games are all about stylishly kicking the crap out of your enemies, collecting points to unlock cool stuff, then using that stuff to kick the crap out of your enemies even more stylishly and we're very much going to try and follow that trend.

Items and Weapons
Players can collect in game items such as devil arms, angel weapons, accessories. While these weapons/items don't provide any quantified stats they do come with their own nifty abilities that can potentially be passed on to the characters. Example: A character possessing and wielding a fire based devil arm now having the ability to use fire based attacks in their posts.

Arsenal System
Based off of the weapon selection menu in the Devil May Cry games. The Arsenal System will be a very loose inventory system where a player choses any devil arms/weapons that their characters have collected before entering a thread and only using those selected weapons in the thread should the need arise. Typically Arsenal System mechanics will only be enforced during Bounty Missions and Escape RPs, otherwise it's an optional system that runs parallel with the site.

The Gates of Hell
The Gates of Hell is a bar in a pocket dimension upkept by the Ancient One, Rodin. It acts as a secondary site shop where you can trade in your orbs (points) for items and weapons. Specifically Devil Arms. But there's more, you can roleplay there and potentially find yourself taking on a contract or two from Rodin himself.

Questions, Comments, Loud animal noises

When would this open? I'm currently skinning the site on my own and am still very much a noob with coding, let alone jcink skinning. I'm also juggling doing this while helping with another site, and also going through a move. So it might be a while unless none of you care about a barebones site or there are potentially people who want to help.

Do you want/need help? Desperately, like not so desperate that I'm begging, but there are definitely things that I'm completely at a loss for when it comes to coding (like light/dark mode and making the site and elements mobile friendly), and the jcink platform in general. If you want to lend a hand I'm cool with being randomly messaged on the discords or PM'ed on the site.

Is there a discord? Nope, at least not yet. Currently focused on getting the boards up first. So stay tuned I guess and once a discord does become a thing then I'll drop a link in this thread.

Is it going to be premium / 3-3-3? Not at first, currently moving and moving means getting a new job and while I'm currently employed now, money is t-i-g-h-t at the moment. It's one of the biggest reasons why I'm undertaking the skinning and coding by myself. But the plan is in fact to get to a point where the site is jcink premium. That being said the age limit is going to be 18+ regardless. We'll just have to make due with a 2-2-2 site rating for a while.
last edit on Dec 9, 2023 12:10:26 GMT by «Fr¤§t¥»
aliasFrosty
pronouns*shrugs*
164written posts
«Fr¤§t¥»earned bits
offlinecurrently
«Fr¤§t¥»
«Fr¤§t¥» Avatar
I've bitten off way more than I can chew on this project. For now, I'm going to be using a pre-made skin and focusing more on content.

maybe.
last edit on Dec 25, 2023 4:33:13 GMT by «Fr¤§t¥»
aliasFrosty
pronouns*shrugs*
164written posts
«Fr¤§t¥»earned bits
offlinecurrently
«Fr¤§t¥»
«Fr¤§t¥» Avatar
Just wanted to give a bit of an update before the end of the year. Mostly just a small preview of a few things.

Board Layout + individual board designs

topic row Layout

Member List
aliasFrosty
pronouns*shrugs*
164written posts
«Fr¤§t¥»earned bits
offlinecurrently
«Fr¤§t¥»
«Fr¤§t¥» Avatar
So, bit of an update. The moving date is upon us. But also I'm gonna take a bit of a break from working on the site. Starting to hit the hella burnt out stage atm so perhaps a small hiatus from the project will be able to help me come back at it full steam ahead.