19written posts
aruearned bits
offlinecurrently
aru
aru Avatar
name of site: Crepusculum
link to site: Crepusculum
site plot:
Crepusculum is a team-based game where characters experience loss upon arrival. This loss can take the form of anything imaginable: memories, powers, relationships, ideologies, even personalities. To reclaim themselves they must regain shards of themselves, but to do so they work together in teams. They regain these shards by taking part in plot events and loosely designed "games". Games and events are often a mixture of plot based and general games. Games range from as light-hearted as interactive bingo to having to harm other teams.

While their main goal is to reclaim themselves, there's an over-arching plot in the world stating that these teams are here to bring about the End of Days. The world of the Town Between is only half-done. Its habitants seeming blank slates and its districts empty of any unique traits. These all develop with character and team interactions, unlocking and changing as the characters change the world around them. What will happen when they begin to face their main enemy? What will they do as things change and the true horrors unveil themselves?

kind of staff needed: mods (general)
requirements:
general duties
  • Character Acceptance/Team Placement: This is one of the most critical aspects of Crepus and its most unique offering to panfandom. Every character is placed on a team and we can take a while to discuss who is the best fit where and what the dynamic currently is and what it might change to if they're placed. The actual acceptance process is easy, but we need at least 2 staff members to decide on the team placement.
  • General site upkeep. Updating our member directory listing, canons list/member group age, occupations, etc. We want to try to have everything cleaned up at least once a day. Proofereading posts and assisting in community bulletins.
  • Help with world-building. Right now I hesitate to bring people onto plot/narrative in-particular but as we open and find footing will branch out to others. However, any member of staff is able to help create new locations and animal/fauna unlocks and may be asked to assist with running "games" from time-to-time (these would be built in advance or the mod can make one and run it themselves, more instructions can be given— but basically if you want to run "games" to regain shards you can).
  • Keep an eye on the site and discord to make sure that no lines are being crossed and all rules are followed.
  • Advertising on tumblr and jcinks.
  • Be active. We all need breaks and days, but a "team" is only a team if it works as one. Prolonged inactivity as a staff member without letting us know and/or it being constantly may make us ask you to step down. Similarly, staff members should be active and engaging on site. Our activity check is 3 posts in the month, it's preferred if staff have at least 4.

helpful but not necessary
  • Coding. We currently have one member of staff who is building a skin and confident in coding, but we can always use more help for having template resources on site (currently we have a couple post ones— but an application, shipper, more post templates, etc would be nice).
  • While it's mentioned above, if you ever want to help run a game/mini-event you will always be welcome to and if you have questions I'd be happy to help you figure things out/get sorted (it's mostly just do what sounds fun and have criteria for "winners" and stick by them).
  • Help run our social media accounts and create new outreach ideas to bring in players and make an awesome OOC and IC experience.

Other:
Crepus. has been my dream child for a long time (six years). It pulls elements from games in the past that I loved and often plays homage to it. I wanted to create a jcink panfandom experience that wasn't the general "you're pulled to another world and live here now" that I've so often run into. Crepus is plot-based and character-driven and needs mods who will want to help create a unique experience and see it through. I will not say it won't have its rocky moments— all sites do— but I do promise that it will be different than other jcinks of its kind: offering a way to go home (if a character chooses) and to have whatever character arc they choose, a team-based environment for easy plot interaction for any character type, and a plot where anyone can have a huge impact.

As this is relatively my first time having a site on jcink, like the world, the site will develop to accommodate our members and their needs. While some things are pretty set in stone— such as eight members per team and character caps— we want to make it a wonderful experience and not one that dampens. 

Please also note, Crepuculum accepts characters from all mediums as well as original characters on a limited basis. While our site is more heavily illustration base there are some live-action characters. 

The ideal candidate is someone who wants to be able to invest time in the story and world of the Town Between. I'm not looking for people who are currently staff members on multiple sites, we don't want anyone to burn out and we want to have a stable team. A staff member should be friendly, active, and approachable. Most things on site are done and asked about as a team, regardless of admin role, so being able to communicate within ourselves effectively is important.

Before making any decisions I recommend you join our discord to get a feel for our community. You may also feel free to reach out to me here or through dming me on discord (aru#0002) Thank you for your consideration!

last edit on Aug 2, 2021 19:48:44 GMT by aru