a animanga sandbox roleplay

0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
I'm happy there are individuals interested in this sort of thing. The goals I'm aiming for is to provide a welcoming atmosphere, a lax/simplistic site, and freedom to write (I did say this was an ambitious project). So I will be 'trying' (there is a lot I need to learn/figure out) to get this project off the ground. I'll also provide any updates if I can, tho I can't make any promises.
0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
Ok so I've been kind of working on my rough idea to ya know refine it. As I work through this more things to-do will be added as I go further into this project. I also would love feedback and suggestions (to change or add) because my goal is really to provide a fun space for everyone to be involved in.

CURRENTLY IN WORKS.
  • Site name! I'm trying to think of something that will click in people's mind, and just easy to remember. But for the time being Nectere will be the temp name.
  • Premise revamp. It will remain the same I'm simply adding a bit of depth to it. Wouldn't mind some input. ^^
  • Realm categories (genres). These will be the general umbrella name for the locations the site gets and the locations would be sorted in such. So far I've come up with Fantasy, SciFi, Slice of life(or Modern?). I'm open to adding more categories that people like to see. The other option is to narrow the categories to a bit more specific since I know some locations may fit two categories.
  • Original locations. Working on some basic locations so it isn't just based on fandoms the site gets. There will be one for each genre i.e a fantasy, scifi and modern location.

TO-DO LIST.
  • Site skin. Until I figure out a name site name I'm a little hesitant to work on this nor do I have a clue how to.
  • Staff search. I'm just one person right now fnekf
  • Character profile fill. Considering canons and ocs will be accept, I want to make similar profiles for both so one isn't easier to fill than the other but also providing enough info.
0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
specthare Avatar
Aug 22, 2021 19:38:20 GMT @specthare said:

ABOUT THE RP. This roleplay is an ANIMANGA SANDBOX group that takes elements from the game kingdom hearts. You do not have to have any knowledge about kingdom hearts, and honestly the storyline is simply to give easy access for any sort of fandom/character to be playable here. The primary goal here is to provide a welcoming/lax atmosphere where you have the freedom to write whatever.

FEATURES. 
  • hosted on jcink (pending on if premium)
  • anime/videogame/webcomic canons, original characters and fandom ocs accepting (no live-action sorry)
  • fill out profile, no wc shipper applications
  • canon & member made locations
  • lax activity checks

PREMISE. Long before the universe came to be, there was but a singular entity known as DEMISE. This creature was nothing but endless energy and darkness. With Demise the universe was a vast empty place with no life or light, forever shrouded in a veil of black called THE SUBSPACE. However Demise’s power was chaotic in nature meaning the entity had no control over themselves thus the creature GENESIS came to be from their unstable cosmic energy.

Similar to Demise, Genesis was a creature of vast energy and power, however, they were a being of light and showed control over their power. Despite their differences Demise came to appreciate Genesis’s company and the two became good friends as well as happy, although such would not last.

Eons passed before Genesis’s curious nature sprouted the first seed of life; a star. These stars were at first small and large balls of plasma, twinkling in the vast vacuum of The Subspace. The first sign of light. Eventually Genesis began to make far more complex versions of stars, deeming these new creations as REALMS. Unlike stars, realms housed whole worlds as well as distinctive living creatures that made the realms unique from another.

Fascinated by Genesis’s creations Demise sought to delve into the making of realms as well, although the task set forth a devastating effect. In their struggle to produce a singular star, Demise's power resisted their control and instead erupted into a giant dark cosmic wave. This wave of Darkness spread far and wide, snuffing out any stars as well as causing realms to disappear from existence. Seeing the destruction they caused made Demise desperate to control themselves but that simply made it worse.

Fearful for the remaining realms and their friend, Genesis used their strength to place special MOTHER CRYSTALS within each realms’ center acting as a field of protection over the worlds from Darkness. As for Demise, with a heavy heart Genesis placed Demise under a deep slumber, ceasing The Darkness from spreading. However, such acts put a toll on Genesis causing the entity of light to fall into stasis as well.

With both cosmic creatures inactive everything was quiet, but life continued forward. Some Realms and stars bloomed into existence with the remnants of light floating in The Subspace. Already existing Realms flourish naturally, changing and expanding in the confines of their boundaries. It was as Genesis intended it to be. But it isn’t until centuries later that this peace comes to an end.

Over the passing of years Genesis’s power had begun to wane, but the dormant Demise’s power had not. The seal over the slumbering Demise had broken once it was weak enough, like a volcanic eruption the dark chaotic power surged through the universe. The realms once protected by their crystals now lay in darkness or are barely hanging on the thread of light. As well, the walls that kept these realms apart have now shattered, creating bridges from one realm to another. Once many realms are now one.

KEY TERMS.
THE SUBSPACE - is the area that is woven on the outer walls of a realm. it is how people can travel through to other realms and back, essentially a 'crawl space' plain. there is no sense of time or boundaries in this place, it is a big empty area covered in darkness that is the bridge to each realm.

MOTHER CRYSTALS - every realm has a singular and unique mother crystal, which is the core of the world and what keeps the realm from falling apart. it also serves as the lawmaker of a realm, meaning that anything within its realm boundaries will be forced to follow the rules.

REALMS - are the homeworlds of every character on site, and are the primary locations of where everything takes place.

DARKNESS - a strange goop-like substance that engulfs whatever it touches, touching it will cause the individual to become sick or disappear entirely. it isn’t necessarily evil simply there is no controlling it.

SYSTEMS.
LOCATIONS will be based on fandoms accepted, as well as original locations made by the site members. Although, these locations will be specific places or areas. This is to take into consideration that the realms are locked away in the Darkness and can not be accessed. Which locations are available will be chosen at random. However, more locations from a realm can be unlocked by cleansing the “Mother Crystal” of some of the darkness it has taken.
  • Locations will be divided into genres, some starting site locations are:
                The Dreaming City (a sci fi-equis metropolis)
                Greenvale (a homie modern small town/slice of life)
                Dragon's Haven Inn (a fantasy Inn & tavern)
                Catacombs of the Fallen (a spooky crypt of the dead/horror)
                Salem (a gothic small town/supernatural)

TIME will be very flexible. There will be no set year/season due to the fact there will be many locations that will vary in time points/seasonal weather. Not to mention The Darkness is chaotic and can move forward/backwards time, which can also affect characters; meaning you're free to write a character at any point in their lifetime at any given time. The same can also be said about reality as The Darkness can twist it. Thus variations of your character can be played at any given time.

FINAL NOTE. This is very much an ambitious project that’s kind of been floating in my head. I’m honestly not sure how far I can get with it on my own, so I'm open to other people’s thoughts and suggestions.
It's been a while since I've updated y'all about this but I'm just one person and been doing my own thing. Anyways I overhauled some things as well as added a story. (hence me quoting myself) I'd like to get opinions about this idea now it has some structure to it. As well, I'd love to hear any ideas like systems/features people would like to see on the site or changes to the idea. I'm really trying to sell the whole 'free to write whatever' motto and don't want people to feel like they have to restrict themselves to the story or writing their character(s). I'm also considering creating a discord but I'm not very good with direct speaking with folk, but if it's easier to discuss the site I'm not against trying. again, any feed back is welcomed.
aliasjo, honey
pronounsfeminine
645written posts
offlinecurrently
honey and the forgor land
Part of the Furniture
honey and the forgor land Avatar
fed up with y'all bitches
u know i haven't really been in anything panfan based in a looong time and this inspires me to dabble again so there's that let's fucking :

last edit on Oct 8, 2021 10:22:44 GMT by honey and the forgor land
0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
UPDATE. small note to drop since it has been a while. i've currently been on/off from working on this project. it's mostly been mood just not being there, not just on this but rp'ing in general. but i have written a few blurbs about the starting locations:

• THE DREAMING CITY: a large arcology metropolis set in the distant future. the city is said to be a place where dreams come true, however, the world is much darker. as setting foot here one can see the division within its wall. the city is divided into factions of high, middle, and poor class. the higher one is the top of the city’s buildings, one is greeted with a luxury and glamor. but the lower someone travels down the city they see congested and the scraps from above; it’s a fight for survival at the bottom.
  • DRAGON’S HAVEN INN: exhausted from slaying dragons or from a long travel across the snowy mountains? the dragon’s haven inn is the best stop for any adventurer needing to resupply and rest. the inn’s rooms can be rather small housing two patrons per room but it supplies the best beds and room service it has. although being stuffed in a room isn’t your cup of tea, the inn has a tavern in the center for those looking for a hardy drink; dragon’s breath being their signature brew.

these descriptions are meant to be kind of vague so people can be a bit creative when using them.

i was also considering scraping the idea of having original starting locations and instead have canon starting locations even if there are no characters from said canon. this thought came to me cause making original places interesting is hard. or the other option is due both, like 3 original and 3 canon ones. i'd be interested in people's thoughts on this? 

but that's about it on the update for now. i'm still working on a lot of stuff for this site, it's mostly the big decisions. regardless, my pm is open to anyone who has any ideas they wish to share or questions you have.
last edit on Nov 7, 2021 20:26:23 GMT by Deleted
0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
It's been a whole year since I spoken about this idea, but it's been on my mind and I've kinda been side working on it as of recent. As well as tried a few ideas similar but simplicity is the best to go, and this concept is simple. So I guess this is a general poke to see if ppl are still interested. I'm tweaking a few things, namely names and some game mechanics otherwise it's still very much the same. also my first post is gone but this post is the idea if ppl are unaware. prolly should make a new thread with the new concepts so it looks less like a mess but i'll do it if it gains traction fnefk