[ ☾ ] DEMON SLAYER: NEW DAWN

pronounsshe/her
1written post
novaearned bits
offlinecurrently
nova
nova Avatar

Hello, Pixel Perfect!

I am currently at the beginning of setting out to produce a new RP based on the series Kimetsu no Yaiba/Demon Slayer. Whilst it is heavily inspired and sticks in line with canon, this RP will be set 70 years in the future in early 90s Tokyo. With this RP my biggest aims are to allow for flourishing creativity be it creating new breath styles to entirely new demons or environments, I want to create an accessible progression system and be a very much community ran and inspired project!

Ideally I would love to commit to a long-term, medium activity RP that progresses alongside its players and focuses on progression in both development and characters.

BASIS:
The story will center around the Slayers and Demons of Japan in their constant struggle against each other.

Set in 1990's Tokyo, it has been 10 years since Demons rose again. Rumour has it part of Muzan managed to escape that final battle and was merely buying time, whilst building up their force once more. Whilst the main basis is Tokyo, players will be able to travel and live across all of Japan. However, no matter what character you create - you will be able to choose their path and alignments. Perhaps you'll have a Demon that only wishes to do good, or a Slayer that only wishes for destruction? We'll also be allowing a wide array of characters, from civilians to healers to wherever your creativity may take you in this group!

THEMES:
The core theme of this RP group will be the fight between Slayers & Demons, however, so as not to make players feel too overwhelmed, it will be a slow-moving story and influenced by actions chosen throughout events/missions etc. I am interested to see how others will choose to take on the story put out in front of them, perhaps they are a descendent of one of the original Demon Slayers, or perhaps they choose to help Demons as they see it as a progression for society? The heavy emphasis is on choice and the greys of morality.

Missions - Both Slayers & Demons alike will be required to complete missions in order to develop their skills even further, these can be taken alone in drabble format or threaded alongside others or against others depending on the mission itself! These can range from anything like scouting to combat etc. etc.

Personal & Interpersonal Development - Of course, nobody can emerge victorious alone. At DS: New Dawn we aim to promote those who reach out and interact with as many members as they can in the group, our aim is to create a welcoming and motivated community. Also, who doesn't love a bit of character development?
- Combat will be a main focus in this RP, being as it is Demon Slayer, however it won't be heavily emphasized if you choose not to focus on that side.
Legacy will be a focus as well. As breathing techniques would have needed to be passed down as well as Demon knowledge. All Slayers will still be part of the newly re-founded Demon Slayer Corps, and all Demons part of Muzan's League.

MECHANICS:
We aim to use simple methods for both combat & progression to ensure it runs smoothly for everyone participating, it will have a heavy emphasis on activity and participation in events/missions etc. But overall, it is up to you personally what you get out of DS: New Dawn!

INTERESTED IN HELPING?
Whilst I have staffed & moderated RP groups, this will be my first venture into taking the lead on one - that being said I appreciate any & all help, particularly with the coding side of things as I am not the most versed in it. I would love to ensure this is a smooth-running project and that we can all bring something to the table to make it an enjoyable one for ourselves and players!

Ideally, I am still at the very beginnings of this idea, fleshing it out and feeling out the interest for it, so this will be a project to keep an eye on if you're interested!

The easiest way to reach out to me is through discord: tony hawks pro catgirl#0069 (for interest, queries or suggestions too!)