OPINIONS NEEDED ON KILL LA KILL ROLEPLAY

3written posts
kingcrymsonearned bits
offlinecurrently
kingcrymson
kingcrymson Avatar
        I have asked pretty much two people of their opinions on these two prompts I have for a KILL LA KILL RP, both have received rather positive feedback and have benefits on each side, I was hoping to get some more thoughts and opinions on these two prompts. Basically the two prompts can be summed up as

OC/Canon included VS pure OC, either way OC's are kinda the main dealio, but there is a bit more to it than just the content of what's included.

OC/Canon takes place as an "AU" during the War between Honnouji Academy and the rest of the worlds schools in hopes to seek and destroy Nudist Beach, in this AU the War goes on much longer than it did in the show, as in this prompt the rival schools actually does decently against Honnouji academy for a while, while not immediately stomping them out. Eventually the war goes on for so long that a truce is made and the a "WAR-ZONE" is created, a specific battlezone in the world where the war wages on while generally Nudist Beach, the rival schools and Honoji Academy's cities are not directly attacked.

The benefits of the OC/Canon are but not limited to:

• Easier inclusion of Honnouji Academy 
  • Defined factions and original plot influence to go off of.
  • certain systems such as canons being used as "mentors" for skills like goku uniform training, anti life fiber training etc.

Then there is the Pure OC.

Pure OC takes place at the end of Kill La Kill after Ragyo Kiryuin does away with herself- but before she does, she informs Ryuko that the life fibers will eventually return to the planet. Of course, Ragyo was right- several years pass and Matoi Ryuko's generation expires on the earth and the life fibers choose this new age to invade earth.

The Pure OC contains less information at the moment but generally what it boils down to history repeating itself, a School will be formed that houses goku uniforms distributed to worthy students, there will be an anti life fiber resistance yada yada yada. The main benefits of the Pure OC route come to
  • More original elements to shape the world
  • Character driven rather than plot driven
  • Flexibility for what can and cannot exist( kamui's and goku uniforms not connected to honnouji academy directly, rolls such as the elite four, president of school council(Satsuki's position basically ruling over the school.)

I like both idea's and can see what is given to each side, OC/CANON would in the long run probably be more focused and organized, the pure OC would just allow for more originality without stepping on the shoes of the canon without said OG elements either being unbelievable or unimportant compared to the long run of the plot.

What I'm mainly giddy or excited for is the school Club system that was shown in the source material (Boxing club, tennis Club etc.) It was one of the more fun aspects that I enjoyed with some of my favorite side characters (well really Omiko Hakodate and Takaharu Fukuroda) I like the idea of the OC/CANON but in the long run the Pure OC seems to be more free for personal plot and such! I also have no staff ready for this so I really am open to suggestions, offers etc.
3,084written posts
Kitten4uearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kitten4u
Part of the Furniture
Kitten4u Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","infoBG"]
[attr="class","infoBG2"]
[attr="class","infoBack"]
[attr="class","infoTitle"][attr="class","fa fa-star-o"] threadarchived
[attr="class","infoDiv"]

[attr="class","infoBody"]

To keep threads in key areas current, so everyone knows all of them are active, threads that don't get posts for 2 weeks will be archived. This thread is being archived for that reason. If you'd like it reopened for any reason please contact a staff member!