DMs wanted for RWBY AU

446written posts
wolfeearned bits
offlinecurrently
wolfe
wolfe Avatar
Hello!

I am the owner of The Remnant Project which is a stat based RWBY AU site.

This isn't a traditional staff request, and bottom line up front we're looking for another DM or two to cycle between for events.

I ran all events and all secondary event threads and ran all the NPCs for about the first year, year and a half of site existence. Over the last year and a half I've ran about half of events overall, with the other half being split between about three other members. Over the last six months I've run about a third of events, with the other half being split between the same three other members.

In a scenario where we have multiple people wanting to run an event, those that participated in the last event vote based off of how much in-game currency they got from the last event by participating. Someone who posted every round gets more of a say than someone who posted once, for example, to help ensure that the next event is something the high activity people want. Near ties have happened before, but lately we've only had one request per cycle and I'd like to change that.

There's a lot of leeway to be given with this, and DMs have created their own regions of the kingdom, monsters to fight, NPC organizations and legions of individual NPCs throughout these events over the past two and a half years. We've had a total of eight events along with four mini-events for 12 total before our current shakeup where we have two major factions: the government faction with all of the 'legit' huntsman and forces working with the Council who are on their third faction event and the Revolutionary League which comprise largely of former refugees and faunus cast out by society who are on their second faction event. This leaves us with a total of around 17 events so far.

This wouldn't be you running all of them for all time or anything, literally like once every few months would be a big help and would let people be players only for a bit longer than currently. Because we run essentially back to back events with short breaks, there are provisions in place to prevent one from dragging on to infinity. Posting requirements would be between 3-5 days every round barring occasional delays. This means that we don't wait for everyone to post for a cycle to end, we just end it. Having one event run super long means that the next person can't run theirs and it in general means everyone gets less to do.

Incentives include a significant amount of in-game currency to boost the skills of your character and the opportunity to have players willing to go along with basically anything you want to do that follows some level of narrative structure and doesn't contradict with site canon. There's multiple people willing to idea bounce, but a general outline is required to make sure that someone else can take over the event in case anything happens and you can't finish it yourself as standard procedure. In the current setting of split events, someone without a character on that faction generally gets the outline alongside you to have as little spoilers for people playing in it as possible.

Going to link two current events for reference for general activity level currently + style. I freely admit we're coming out of a site-wide slump over the summer, so this represents activity floor more than anything.

Current Council Event.

Current Revolutionary League Event.

Contact me on Pixel Perfect if you're interested and we can exchange Discord information. Getting a flood of random requests from bigger video game discords right now that spam scams at me so don't want anyone to get lost in that sea of spam.