Member group colors in text editor?

pronounsThey/Them
544written posts
Coyoteearned bits
offlinecurrently
Coyote
Part of the Furniture
Coyote Avatar
So I have my membergroups all set up with the css that allows you to style text in [dohtml] tags with the <*groupname> words</*groupname> tags around it, so that it makes the text within the groupname tag to be the color of that group.

I've seen people put in custom BBC so that it shows up in the text editor as a button that inserts said groupname tags? I know how to set up and navigate the custom BBC code menu, I'm just not sure what specific parameters go into this specific effect and wondered if anyone might be able to help with that?

site001.jcink.net/ site linky jic but I'm MOSTLY working in the custom bbc code menu in the ACP, I'm not having issues with any sort of css or html!

Thank you though I've been scratching my head trying to figure out this code!
aliasNyx
pronounsshe / her
129written posts
avanearned bits
offlinecurrently
avan
avan Avatar
she's the wicked witch of the EAST bro

I am usually horrible at explaining things but I'm going to attempt!

For BBCode Type you'll want to leave it as 1 Param Type for this since members are just using it to change text color.

For HTML Conversion, this is where you will place the actual HTML code plus the param option. Using the group name Capricorn as an example, if your HTML code is just the tags <capricorn> then you would use the following:

<!-- CAPRI --><capricorn>(PARAM1)</capricorn><!-- END CAPRI -->

It's recommended you open and then always close it out with the <!, you'll want it to be different for each BBC code you make. The DOHTML code is not necessary for this, all you need to do is place the actual HTML.

Otherwise there's not much else to it as far as adding in the group color codes go!

internally screaming
pronounsshe/her
1,786written posts
Nekoearned bits
offlinecurrently
Neko
Administrator
Neko Avatar
stressed, depressed, and probably not well-dressed
[nospaces]

[attr="class","infoBG"]
[attr="class","infoBG2"]
[attr="class","infoBack"]
[attr="class","infoTitle"][attr="class","fa fa-star-o"] threadarchived
[attr="class","infoDiv"]

[attr="class","infoBody"]

This thread hasn't had any replies since a month ago - feel free to repost if you wish!