Calm and relaxing atmospheres to get started again

pronounsThey/Them
6written posts
Radioearned bits
offlinecurrently
Radio
Radio Avatar
Some things about me and sites, I suppose:

-I am a very shy person and I often like to take time reading through a site's rules and other posts before committing. I hate joining a place and making a character and posting once right before I decide that, nah, it wasn't for me.

-Big sites scare me due to some personal experience that happened a while ago, but I'm here to try new things so! I'll get over it.

-I prefer Pokemon or fantasy sites because I know how those work, but I'm open to most anything at the moment.

-I work full time on weekends and do art during the week. I'm prone to vanishing for a few days at a time due to spontaneous travelling. So any sites that require a certain number of posts to be considered "active" or "post a day" sites won't really work with my schedule. I will try my best to oblige with any activity checks or rules, of course! I know those are important for any site.

Otherwise, I'm interested in finding a site that has a laid back and relaxing atmosphere among members regardless of plot or anything like that!

Let me know if you know of a place/run a place that might work, and I'll check it out!

(I will also be looking around for one on my own, but any help is greatly appreciated)
last edit on Jul 13, 2018 15:48:03 GMT by Radio
pronounsshe/her
81written posts
Lacunaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Lacuna
Lacuna Avatar
we're all dancing to the same sad song
I'm on mobile atm so excuse any typos but I think Megalomania could be a good fit! It's an original fantasy site involving some dark elements/conflict but there's always room for fluffier stories as well. Community-wise, we're quite laid-back and welcoming to new people! The site's been active for over a year and a half so we're not going anywhere anytime soon. Idk if we'd be considered "big". We've got 15-20 regularly active members and a few who only come around to post every so often. In any case, it's pretty chill.

For activity, we only ask for one post per month and we also give a 2 week grace period for those who need a bit more time. If you're ever going to be gone for a long time, you can just post an absence note and none of your stuff will get archived. Activity requirements are a little more strict for canon characters, but you're under no obligation to take those.

Hope you check us out! Also, feel free to pm me if you've got any questions or concerns.
0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
hey ! so the site i wanna recommend is event horizon. it's a pokemon shifter roleplay that i joined back in september of last year and have since flourished on due to a wonderful community and attentive, kind staff. like you i'm a really shy individual who doesn't necessarily do well in large groups or on busy sites...event horizon has a small community of dedicated core members who've been with the site since it's re-opening of last year, and some even longer (from previous versions and iterations before event horizon!)

the activity is incredibly lax compared to some other sites i've been on. checks occur at the beginning of each month and last for about five days, and you only need one post per character that you have, meaning that someone who has ten characters needs only ten active posts from the last month - not one post on each character. the rules and information are pretty detailed as well so i think if you wanted to take your time looking them over, you could learn a lot about what you need to know and of course if you have any questions, the staff have a channel in our discord server where those can be directed! (or they can be privately dm'd!)

all in all the site is quite laid back and has a lot of member driven plots! everyone's incredibly welcoming and we always look forward to seeing new faces c: i'd definitely check it out if you have the time!
aliasvee, vivi
pronounsany / they
659written posts
valkaearned bits
offlinecurrently
valka
Administrator
valka Avatar
do u know... la-hee?

hey ! chaos theory might work out for you. we're a modern fantasy site that doesn't require a lot of reading to get to know the world - basically, it's the real world but with mythological creatures chilling out in secret, congregating in mythril city, where they can be themselves without fear. we're member-driven, too, and we have a large surplus of different types of characters to plot with since we have over 40 species, being "open-lore" and letting anyone create anything they want (within reason!). it's a lot, but you only have to read the lore for the species you're playing, honestly!

we have a super laidback and chill community, always happy to plot with and get to know new people. we are a pretty big site, with 20+ members, so we definitely do look scary, but we're honestly like a big friendship group that's always happy to include other people. so there's that!

your schedule works with us 200%. like - it's pretty common for some of our members to disappear for a few days due to real life, and we don't mind at all, because real life does just happen. when it comes to posting, we do have activity checks every two months, and all that's required a post made in the last six months for each character. more is preferable, of course, but we're that lax on activity bc we know stuff just happens and that's fine! real life comes first, and we'll be here when you get back.

anyway, if you have any questions feel free to pm me, or pop onto our cbox/discord and ask there! \o/

i hope your search goes well!

last edit on Jul 13, 2018 18:00:47 GMT by valka
if you think i haven't been keeping up with pp, think again
0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar

Yooo, Radio~. I hope you find what you're looking for! For now, let me introduce KD to you. (:

Activity/community
• We're a small community (with approx. 8-10 members)
• Thus far, our members love to chat and have a good time. (: We actively enjoy each other's company and threading with each other. For the most part, we're pretty laidback.
• While we require posting all throughout the month when you can, we don't require posting every day.
• We don't have an AC, but I do scope the site for inactivity when I can, so everything is pretty under the radar and easy to get back into the game should you go inactive.
• If you expect to be away for at least a week or longer, please notify the staff and your partners with how long you suspect you'll be. We firmly believe it is the player's responsibility to get in touch before "poofing."
• As site admin, I will never ask others to do what I'm unable or unwilling to do myself
• We have a good mix of fast posters, moderately fast posters, and slower posters
• We don't tolerate toxicity and drama so you can expect a safe environment with KD. (:

Setting/genre
• KD's genre is fantasy, with literary-based spells, animal ears/tails, and more
• We have a juxtaposed setting: the post-apocalyptic outskirts (in the desert), and a technologically advanced capital city (in the centre of the outskirts)
• We are plot-centric. Every 30-45 days we try to host an event to progress the site plot
• With these events, you can help shape the setting in due time
• We have a simple battle system (though it is a lot to read). In short: it's based on tiers and elements.
• At the moment, we have two factions: Betelgeuse (crime organisation based on tarot cards) and Septimal Moon (corrupt government)

If you have any questions, feel free to ask me here or on KD. I regularly visit both. ♪

0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
hey ! i don't know if you're still looking for a site but i thought i would throw coming home your way. we're based around the video games series harvest moon and stardew valley, but you can also just think of us as a small town forum with some little extra things thrown in for flavor!

we've been open for five months and have an active member base of about 15-20 members, and we all definitely vary in how much we are able to get on and post. we don't really have activity checks that require proof of posting, just that members check in and let us know what characters they are keeping. personally, i think we are a very relaxed site both ic and ooc, but feel free to check us out if you'd like! if you have any questions you can send them to me here or through the site/cbox/discord.
3,084written posts
Kitten4uearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kitten4u
Part of the Furniture
Kitten4u Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","infoBG"]
[attr="class","infoBG2"]
[attr="class","infoBack"]
[attr="class","infoTitle"][attr="class","fa fa-star-o"] threadarchived
[attr="class","infoDiv"]

[attr="class","infoBody"]

To keep the forum clean and so people know that all threads in certain areas are current and that the OP is likely to still have interest, we archive threads that haven't gotten posts for 2 weeks. This thread is being archived for that reason. If you would like this thread reopened, contact a staff member.