COZY GROVE.

0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar

ABOUT.
Cozy grove is a panfandom sandbox group that takes elements from dreamlight valley and kingdom hearts. You do not have to have any knowledge about either source, and honestly the storyline is simply to give easy access for any sort of fandom/character to be playable here. The primary goal here is to provide a welcoming/lax atmosphere where you have the freedom to write whatever.

FEATURES.
- will operate on discord, and have a jcink site, BUT WILL MOVE TO JCINK IF IT DOESN'T WORK OUT.

- partaking in plot is optional, plot is primarily a means/reason for bringing characters together.

- being panfandom means anime/videogame/live action/webcomic canons, original characters and fandom ocs will be accepted.

- no faceclaims!

- no word counts and a simplistic fill out app process!

- lax activity checks!

last edit on Sept 19, 2022 2:43:03 GMT by Deleted
pronounsThey/Them
544written posts
Coyoteearned bits
offlinecurrently
Coyote
Part of the Furniture
Coyote Avatar
I LOVE THIS, sounds like a fun cozy experience! I haven't done Discord RP in anything but a 1 on 1 setting but I think there's a lot of fun potential, especially with Discord's newer Thread function!

I will say though, Non-premium Jcink sites don't HAVE to be 1-1-1, I've seen plenty dip way closer to a higher rating, I think the only thing they really look at is sexual content and like...Gratuitous graphic violence? But Jcink's pretty relaxed if you did end up wanting to do that?

Saying that isn't me discouraging Discord ftr, just a heads up!
0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar

LOCATIONS.
The ‘hub world’ will be set on a floating island deem ‘MEMORY ISLAND. This is where everyone wakes up at first and serves as the bridgeway to all other realms/locations. This is kind of what I was thinking it would be like.

• How does someone travel to the other realms/locations? There will be various points on the ‘hub world’ where there are bridges that you can walk across to get to other places.

• How is a realm/location cleansed/created? Whenever a new fandom is brought into the roleplay a specific place or area of that fandom will be randomly chosen to be a playable area. Another way to bring in more locations is by purchasing a location in the point shop.

• Are realms/locations limited to just fandom/canon? No. There will be original locations or realms provided by members who wish to add a new playable zone.

• Is there a universal time/season? No. Time will be very flexible. There will be no set year/season due to the fact there will be many locations that will vary in time points/seasonal weather. Not to mention The Darkness is chaotic and can move forward/backwards time, which can also affect characters; meaning you're free to write a character at any point in their lifetime at any given time. The same can also be said about reality as The Darkness can twist it. Thus different variations of your character can be played.

MEMORIES.
Your character will wake up to ALL/SOME/NO memories of their life. Whatever you choose is up to you as I don’t want to force someone to partake in a loose plot point.

• How will my character recover their memories? There are two ways; the first is of your choosing so you decide when you want your character to remember. The other is through Memory Island, which isn’t simply a name, this is where your character can find a special item called a MEMORY SHARD. As the name implies it houses a sliver of memory and your character will need 5 to complete the full memory of your choosing. Memory shards will be purchased through the point shop.

• Can my character lose their memory later on? Yes! If you’re not sure at first if you want your character to not have their memory you have the option to have them lose their memories at any point in the roleplay.

OTHER THINGS.
I’m working on a NEW PREMISE which will be slightly more original and include a former rp I was working on. But overall it will primarily be there just to have something to work from if people want. Again it’s just something to give meat to why all these fandoms are together.

Thank you to Roswell for letting me know a free jcink site doesn’t have to be 1-1-1. (makes us poor folk happy) However I do want to try this idea as a discord rp (which I know will disappoint people) at first. I’ll be having a BETA PHASE to see how it would overall function in a discord environment and if my beta folk feel it is better for jcink then I’ll make the switch.

So if you’re genuinely interested/just want to try out a discord rp be on the lookout, cause I really need other people’s input as I’m a one person team rn and I’ve never done this before. As a small preview of what I have going on with the discord side these are things to note:

• You will not need multiple discord accounts! You’ll have a category for you and your characters. Example.

• There will be a ‘The Story so far’ channel. This will be a channel that will update every 2 weeks (will adjust if need be) listing summaries of all the threads going on. Of course it’s optional and non mandatory. This is merely a way for those who can’t go through all the threads but want to be up to date with what’s going on, as well as for newcomers to see what’s happening before joining.

• Some channels will be private to guest! A small security measure for those who are worried about someone coming in, not joining and stealing your writings.

Okay, that should be all for now. I’m kinda focusing on the discord side of things right now so no jcink up just yet. But hopefully for my next update I have more things to share. Anyways I’m open to suggestions to improve or questions that people have generally about anything. I’m super excited for this and hope others are too, so thank you for your time reading this! <3
last edit on Sept 19, 2022 2:54:58 GMT by Deleted
0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar

UPDATE.
so it has been a week since i last updated y'all on anything because i've revamped everything i worked on. it will still be a sandbox rp or at least a pseudo-sandbox, but WILL BE ON JCINK.

with that in mind i'll likely archive this thread, and put up a staff search. just to have others help with fleshing out the new direction, have someone with knowledge of jcink cause i'm not competent in that area, and help with anything else this site would need.

honestly i'm trying very hard to get this idea up and running but ya know stuff be hard. hopefully soon i'll have something a bit more tangible for y'all. my dms are open to anyone interested in keeping tabs with what's going on with this new site, or if you're interested in helping/offering advice cause the gods know i could use it. thank you to those that were interested or are still interested, much hugs.