pronounsfeminine
645written posts
offlinecurrently
honey and the forgor land
Part of the Furniture
honey and the forgor land Avatar
fed up with y'all bitches
hi, it's me, chucklefuck mcgee.

so recently i've been trying to get back into jcink coding for funsies (formats, etc) and it seems that whenever i post a code, something is always broken about it. i post it on codepen and even use sites like html-css-js.com/ and my format seems totally fine but when it hits jcink, some internal coding seems to fuck it up big time every time. 

anyone know how to work around this so i can code without stressing about fixing things one error at a time on the forum itself?
aliasantiviral
pronounsHe/Him
217written posts
Beetleearned bits
offlinecurrently
Beetle
Beetle Avatar
One way to do "live" editing is to use the inspection tool in your browser to edit it on the forum. It's not a perfect solution because you have to remember all of the changes you made, but it does allow you to edit it without refreshing or saving the post, etc. There's not going to really be a site you can, because the issues you're likely running into are just CSS conflicts with the site itself.

Solar Waltz
, an 18+ panfandom set in nyc
pronounsshe/her
90written posts
FINITEearned bits
offlinecurrently
FINITE
FINITE Avatar
It might help the post the code in question so we can see how you're structuring everything.

If you're customizing b, i, table, tr, td, h1, etc., make sure you have a parent class wrapped around it and style your css as .classname element {}

If you have something set but it's not taking after transferring over, slap !important on it. You never know. xD

Also make sure you are not using any class names that jcink is already using. Your browser dev tools will help with this, or, if you have your own jcink site, look at the stylesheet.

You'll also need to make sure your class names do not conflict with custom themes.
internally screaming
pronounsshe/her
1,763written posts
Nekoearned bits
offlinecurrently
Neko
Administrator
Neko Avatar
stressed, depressed, and probably not well-dressed
[nospaces]

[attr="class","infoBG"]
[attr="class","infoBG2"]
[attr="class","infoBack"]
[attr="class","infoTitle"][attr="class","fa fa-star-o"] threadarchived
[attr="class","infoDiv"]

[attr="class","infoBody"]

This thread hasn't had any replies since a month ago - feel free to repost if you wish!