[IC] sandbox but it's runeterra

aliashannyfish
pronounsshe/they
134written posts
hannyearned bits
offlinecurrently
hanny
hanny Avatar
on the rain-soaked veranda, a small rainbow at your feet.
i genuinely haven't a clue how to classify what i've been thinking except "sandbox" but i have what is something like 75% of a skin done and i've been toying with the idea for a while. so mostly, i was looking to bounce ideas off of people re a structure for a site that would involve a world that is as huge as runeterra is. 

currently, i was mostly thinking along the lines of:

• include the "major" regions, such as ionia, demacia/noxus, piltover/zaun, shurima, targon, frejlord, ixtal, shadow isles. others can be in another board.
  • adding onto this, each region has a "plot" or a "goal" that it's heading towards, or a specific arc, so that people have motivations for their characters. they probably wouldn't divulge much from the canon and would potentially clash timeline-wise because of how riot's lore currently lines up with each other (and i need to catch up myself on a lot of points) but it's good to have something to build around.
  • league characters would be available to play (and as such would not be available for use as face claims) but would not be a focal point of the site, because the focus is more utilising the world and its lore rather than league of legends itself.

other options are:
  • set the site in demacia/noxus and focus on their conflicts, mostly because i quite like the dynamics that noxus especially offers on multiple levels and i also honestly wanted to step away from a piltover/zaun focal point.
  • that's kind of it tbh i've not thought that far.

i mostly just wanted a "setting" for fantasy that offers all sorts. you can have knights. you can have samurai. you can have steampunk tech people. you can have yordles and vastaya. but genuinely looking to see what people's thoughts are on these things and what you'd want to see in a world that spans as hugely as runeterra actually does. 

can also chat to me on discord if you'd like! just dm me if you don't have my discord already. it wouldn't be for a while because i'm currently in a bit of a rut with skinning & also making templates and such, but clearer ideas would definitely help writeups and a general perusal into interest so i know if i should try and pursue this as something to use or something to just play with for a while in the future! <3

rp-wise, it wouldn't be heavy. not expecting everyone to dedicate their entire lives to it and never touch grass. it would be There for people to play with whenever they wanted. 

last edit on Feb 22, 2023 14:30:07 GMT by hanny

ashes to ashes, dust to dust