aliasThe Moustachioed Greek
pronounshe/him
202written posts
Kostearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kost
Kost Avatar
D-d-digimon!
I've seen Digimon being brought up enough times that I thought "fine I'll do it myself". This project is still in drafting phase, so it might take a while before the site is up and ready, but the basic premise is a Digimon RP set in an original universe, with an overarching plot and faction dynamics. It will be hosted on jcink (not premium), have profile apps, no word count and no limit on faceclaims. The plot is still getting ironed out, but here's a small preview:

In the year 2033, Artificial Intelligence has elevated mankind to a golden age of progress. The city of New Tokyo has become an international hub for technological advancements and AI studies. At the center of it all lies the “Digivice”, an AI-powered toy that allows children to interact with fictional creatures known as “Digimon”. However, as rumors of monster attacks and mysterious disappearances circulate over online spaces, the veil between man and those so-called AI grows thinner, revealing a well-kept secret to a select few—Digimon are real.

If this piques your interest and you have time to spare, please consider filling out a quick survey:
  • How much do you know about Digimon?
  • What's your favorite Digimon?
  • What aspect of Digimon (characters, worldbuilding, monster designs, etc.) do you enjoy the most?
  • What would you like to see the most out of a Digimon RP?

the waking storm
aliasLuxu, TenebraeQueene
pronounsShe/They
306written posts
Galeforceearned bits
offlinecurrently
Galeforce
Galeforce Avatar
here be lions.
How much do you know about Digimon? I have childhood memories of seasons 1 through 4. I played a few Digimon World games on various systems. I know the mechanics/lore of Digimon up to Digimon Frontier.

What's your favorite Digimon? Oof! That's a hard choice to make! But probably BurningGreymon just because of how cool it was! But I also like Lobomon and Löwemon! (Yes, I'm a bit of a Frontiers fan lol). But I also love BlackWarGreymon and Gallantmon! And I can't forget Beelzemon and Astamon!

What aspect of Digimon (characters, worldbuilding, monster designs, etc.) do you enjoy the most? Everything really! Characters, worldbuilding, monster design, and the bonds between Digimon and Tamers. And of course the character development!

What would you like to see the most out of a Digimon RP? Just a fun setting where I can throw my human character into the Digital World in some manner and have them survive and grow alongside their Digimon partner.
last edit on Apr 15, 2023 16:58:33 GMT by Galeforce
pronounsHe/Him
15written posts
Hakureiearned bits
offlinecurrently
Hakurei
Hakurei Avatar
How much do you know about Digimon? I watched Digimon 1 to 4 and played the Cyber Sleuth complete edition. Besides that I check the wiki for lore spoilers here and there.

What's your favorite Digimon? No Digimon marked my childhood more than Angemon, that said I cannot help but to express that I love Kyuubimon, Stingmon, Garurumon, Garummon, HolyAngemon, WereGarurumon, WarGreymon (and Black WarGraymon), Löwemon, Beelzemon (I can totally see an Impmon like that of the 03 being my partner) and the entire Fire Spirit line save from Aldamon (Agnimon, BurningGreymon and Kaiser Graymon). That no ultimate is cooler to me than Zudomon and I really like Hexblaumon evolution line. Honorable mentions are owed to Jupitermon, Plutomon and specially Chaosdramon X and Ragnalordmon.

What aspect of Digimon (characters, worldbuilding, monster designs, etc.) do you enjoy the most? Monster design, specially combat wise, brought me in Digimon as a child. Nowadays I really like how the series inherently bring forth all the questions regarding artificial intelligence, specially the value of its life.

What would you like to see the most out of a Digimon RP? I would like to see an overarching plot that deal with two main questions: How far are we from gods now that we can create a world and fill it with life? How to ethically deal with this creations that can get out of  control and bring so much chaos and destruction? The best way to do that, I believe, is to satisfy both those who simply want to venture in the digital world and those that like me would prefer to deal with Digimon going rampant and being used as weapons on the real world. A simple combat system backing it all up would also avoid a lot of headaches (there would be no discussion about who hit what and how much damage was taken).
last edit on Apr 16, 2023 18:55:53 GMT by Hakurei
phantom of the black parade
pronounsshe / her pronouns
4,235written posts
Kuroyaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kuroya
Part of the Furniture
Kuroya Avatar
at this, the world's end, do we cast off tomorrow~!
How much do you know about Digimon? i played digimon world: dawn, digimon masters online, and a couple of the mobile games, so. casual fan who just thinks the series is neat.

What's your favorite Digimon? don't @ me with going feral for how re:arise finally gave me the kuda line i've always dreamed of with mitamamon to cap out the kuda -> reppa -> chirin line i've always loved but always struggled to find a good mega for

What aspect of Digimon (characters, worldbuilding, monster designs, etc.) do you enjoy the most? i've always been a big 'mon rper, so i was always more of a fan of how digimon were more involved partners than pokemon were (since pokemon typically had the revolving teams). i liked smaller, static partner dynamic + i thought the settings were typically friendlier to rp in since they were more limited in scale. i like being able to make my own digimon lines (i say where it's also a misery since i don't like a lot of the more humanoid and/or mechanical digimon, so sometimes digimon lines are a slog for me to figure out one i'm happy with after the champion stage, oops).

What would you like to see the most out of a Digimon RP? robust questing + dungeon systems for players to participate in (especially if they're how you unlock additional forms + partners!), the ability to have multiple digimon partners (three at most), a vr-mmo esque setting without any real world elements (i just think having both the real + digital worlds spreads the setting out too much + i've always thought digital world setting concepts are more interesting than real world ones), extremely limited or nonexistent stat/battle systems (sorry fam i just don't care for pvp so i don't wanna number crunch any more than minimally required for questing + dungeons), and well-built progression systems that are gonna be fair + fun for everyone (aka no automatic boosts for "site canons", rewards based solely on activity + site involvement, safeguards in place to help new players have an easier time catching up the longer the site goes on, stress tests to keep any powerplayers from min-maxing the system and lording over everyone else). sorry, i'm just picky on digimon sites since i've had bad times on a lot of 'mon sites in the past so i tend to know what i hard avoid for digimon/pokemon/vr-mmo style sites as a result-
last edit on Apr 16, 2023 21:59:49 GMT by Kuroya

139written posts
Stallasearned bits
offlinecurrently
Stallas
Stallas Avatar
ACT IV: HOOLIGAN TALES
How much do you know about Digimon?
Seasons 1-4 and parts of 5, world, the movie, masters online, cyber sleuth, hacker's memory, survive

What's your favorite Digimon?
Antylamon

What aspect of Digimon (characters, worldbuilding, monster designs, etc.) do you enjoy the most?
Relationships, nakama power, modern setting

What would you like to see the most out of a Digimon RP?
Going to compare to pokemon a lot as it is the direct competition and you want to keep it unique from the bigger franchise. In my strict opinion people find it boring to be faithful to 1 partner mon, they want to have their cake and eat it too. The games realize this and go the pokemon route with team building even though the source anime is all about growing up with your buddy. If a single partner style can work it would be on a roleplay site though.

Modern setting. There are a lot of fantasy, uncivilized settings out there already. Digimon was unique for its digital / AI concepts intertwined with the modern setting. Tamers is universally loved and I think you'd be best keeping to the modern with maybe some forays. Adventure style could be interesting but I think only if you had the gritty/horror sense of Digimon: Survive and a strong system to back up exploration and etc.

Speaking as someone who loves stats and made a whole infinitely scaling linear system with playtested curves and probability cut-offs... I don't think digimon needs stats. You can get by on evolution levels. Depends on what you are going for. Stats makes everything more robust but is accessible to less people. Digimon is already not that popular.

Good luck. I would recommend looking at the other digimon sites that have been around, some for a very long time but they're not so 'aesthetic' so they didn't crop up much on pixel and its circles.
aliasThe Moustachioed Greek
pronounshe/him
202written posts
Kostearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kost
Kost Avatar
D-d-digimon!
Thank you all for your comments! The lore is 90% complete. There's still a lot that needs done, but I'm very excited to open the site (hopefully) in May.

In the meantime, here's a preview of the site banner for y'all (featuring my favorite edgy boi).

121written posts
Tylerearned bits
offlinecurrently
Tyler
Tyler Avatar
How much do you know about Digimon?

A fair bit, I have a lot of familiarity with the earlier seasons, fell off with Xros Wars, picked it up again with Ghost Game. Played a lot of the games.

What's your favorite Digimon?

Probably Chaosmon or Dukemon or Gankoomon.

What aspect of Digimon (characters, worldbuilding, monster designs, etc.) do you enjoy the most?

I think it's willingness to explore meaningful topics and heavier subjects like loss and conflict. In addition, the partner dynamic is very fun.

What would you like to see the most out of a Digimon RP?

Generally, I would like something that focuses on the partner dynamic as well as allowing a great degree of player freedom to work within the plot. Also, I don't think Digimon ought to be too dark-- I think that is a pratfall a lot of Digimon sites fall into.
aliasjo, honey
pronounsfeminine
645written posts
offlinecurrently
honey and the forgor land
Part of the Furniture
honey and the forgor land Avatar
fed up with y'all bitches
How much do you know about Digimon? - basics, really. was raised on the franchise but i really don't remember much since it got overshadowed by pokemon in my life

What's your favorite Digimon? - TANEMON MY FUCKING BOY, THE GOAT

What aspect of Digimon (characters, worldbuilding, monster designs, etc.) do you enjoy the most? - mechanics like partner leveling, exp, building up a partner relationship with number benefits and clear division between people investing their time and effort into getting stronger. worldbuilding and monster design is also cool

What would you like to see the most out of a Digimon RP? - mechanics pls kost do the thing
last edit on Apr 24, 2023 22:04:25 GMT by honey and the forgor land