「38TH PARALLEL」 : an original animanga rp

0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
heavily influenced by shin megami tensei, persona, UNIEL, durarara, and mob psycho 100.

"Believe it or not, the world is repleted by strange phenomena—things in which any normal individual could not comprehend. Things that of which even science has yet to explain. Those who come face to face with these phenomena are rarely able to recollect their encounters, and even fewer survive to tell the tale. Individuals of whom do remember their trials are simply casted away, branded as nothing more than fools spewing nonsense. It has been the way of humans ever since the early days, where stories of such phenomena were conceived at their fullest peak. Ghosts, beasts, monsters, demons; all creatures that of which have been chalked up to be simply fairy tales are all very real.

They are known as spirits——manifestations of what had thought to be fiction. Spirits exist as the souls of the deceased, the will of a people, and can even be birthed out of a concept alone. Whether humanity has come to acknowledge it or not, spirits have haunted their civilizations ever since the culmination of their great society. These apparitions take on a number of different physical forms, anywhere from something seemingly humanoid to that of a monster. They have been the fall of many a great city or nation, and may prove to be even in the future.

Although, there is a reason for humanity’s stubborn perseverance—the Espers. Humans who possess the ability to wield their thoughts and emotions as a weapon, manifesting the two as a power similar yet opposite in nature to that of the Spirits’. One could imagine the two to be akin to the sides of a coin, selfsame yet opposite. These Espers have served as humanity’s stalwart defense ever since the times of yore. Both the Espers and the Spirits draw their power from a realm separate from that of which you may be used to. This realm is known simply as The Other World. In this world exists all forms of knowledge, thoughts, emotions, and concepts. The power that these two groups draw from this foreign world is known as psychoenergy, which responds to both thoughts and emotions. While the Espers stand in opposition to the Spirits, both pose an equal threat to the world. Not all Espers share the same virtuous goal of protecting the world, rather using their powers to further their own personal agendas. The use of psychoenergy, whether used by good or evil or Esper or Spirit, poses the risk of creating a catastrophe known as a distortion. In the event of a distortion, the surrounding area of which the psychoenergy was released begins to become malformed; where even the basic laws of physics begin to break.

Along the 38th Parallel, within a city nested inside of an artifical continent, many small-scale distortions have become to occur. In the same vein, numerous accounts regarding denizens sighting urban-legends and people with strange abilities have began to spring up. This city lays within the balance, bouncing between two worlds. Physical and Other."

never done an interest check so i'm not entirely sure how these work but uhhhhh
this is just a plot i've been working on for the past few months. i created it with the idea of it being the type of plot you'd find within a shounen anime, but it ended up becoming a little bit more than that. the site is currently up, but in a beta stage so i'm only really sending out invites to those interested in getting involved. hmu if you want a link or have any questions!

last edit on Jul 17, 2018 8:07:37 GMT by Deleted
540written posts
Sharpearned bits
offlinecurrently
Sharp
Part of the Furniture
Sharp Avatar
I like big fonts and I cannot lie
Oh man I think you answered my prayers from a post in "sites I want to see". might be interested as well?

I'd love to hear more about the setting of the city itself. I can probably get my spouse into it too.
last edit on Jul 17, 2018 15:08:20 GMT by Sharp
0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
Sharp Avatar
Oh man I think you answered my prayers from a post in "sites I want to see". might be interested as well?

I'd love to hear more about the setting of the city itself. I can probably get my spouse into it too.
the city is located on a man-made continent known as "Cornelia". the following is ripped directly from one of the info threads on the site: 

"An artificial continent created inbetween the North American continent and the island of Japan. Cornelia consists of a network of interconnected man-made islands, which are linked via an advanced bridge system. The continent governs over its territories as a republic. Within the heart of this vast continent lies a mega-island known as Etsua. Home to Etsua is the crown jewel of Cornelia, Etsua City; however both are colloquially referred to as just Etsua. Etsua is famous for its education, ecology, wealth, and overall high standard of life. 

• Though Cornelia’s many islands are treated as one single entity, Etsua itself is granted basic autonomy in its domestic affairs, such as its decision to rule firearms as illegal within the island’s enclosures.

• Etsua is situated upon the 38th Parallel north circle of latitude, which is thirty-eight degrees north from the Earth’s equatorial plane. Due to its geographical location, many architects from both Japan and the United States have collaborated in the creation of Etsua’s capital."
3,084written posts
Kitten4uearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kitten4u
Part of the Furniture
Kitten4u Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","infoBG"]
[attr="class","infoBG2"]
[attr="class","infoBack"]
[attr="class","infoTitle"][attr="class","fa fa-star-o"] threadarchived
[attr="class","infoDiv"]

[attr="class","infoBody"]

To keep the forum clean and so people know that all threads in certain areas are current and that the OP is likely to still have interest, we archive threads that haven't gotten posts for 2 weeks. This thread is being archived for that reason. If you would like this thread reopened, contact a staff member.