[attr="class","opmind"]
[attr="class","opmindtop"]
[attr="class","opmindtopp"]

[attr="class","opmindtopleft"]01

[attr="class","opmindtopright"]UMBRA

[attr="class","opmindtop2"]A DYSTOPIAN FANTASY ROLE-PLAY

[attr="class","opmindblurb"]
[attr="class","opmindblurb1"]

The Calamitous Umbrage swallowed the light from the world. A thickening fog that brought deadly creatures and plants. Nobody knows where the Umbra derived from, merely that it came and threatened life. Supernaturals of varying groups fought back, but the Umbra ravaged the world, withered its natural plants and endlessly consumed.
[break][break]
Holy light cut through the darkness, sudden and frighting. A strike of holy lightning, a magical barrier and one of the few standing settlements, The Salvation, became a refuge. In their magnificent light, they believed the Umbra derived from sin, darkness, madness and the depth of evil that washed the Old World.
[break][break]
The Angelic Order seized control of the safe haven they created. The Holy Council, an order of Archangels was established to root out evil within the Angelic Order and maintain law across The Salvation. A biased forms as creatures of so-called "lower specie standings" were forced to conform by the way of the holy authority. A discourse exists in The Salvation, from those who oppose the angelic rule to people who believe the Umbrage a necessity to cleanse the world.
[break][break]
It poses a single, tepidly spoken question. Can the New World survive the darkness that wishes to consume them? Or will they form together to protect what remains?

EXTRAS

additional contexts

- Face Claims will be animanga, but original art will likely be allowed.[break][break]

- High-ranking positions will be available for members; this will be in multiple groups that maybe touched upon later after polishing. We are hoping to make it character-driven and allow people to make choices that may change the route.[break][break]

- The present setting idea is more futuristic at the moment. Allowing for variety in technology, weaponry, etc.[break][break]

- There is a plan to implement a more sandbox magical system while balancing with what is certain; primarily, this will consist of weaknesses based on specific supernatural species. A good example of this would be vampires with their inability to handle sunlight, cross-running water, etc.[break][break]

- The site will be a Jcink Premium and 18+ to allow the exploration of more adult themes.[break][break]

- Currently, there is no definite opening date. At most there is a bit of information and more will be leaked out as progress is made. I primarily wanted to figure out how many people were interested in the project. Presently it is a solo endeavour, but depending on happenings that may adjust. Questions can be asked, and I will try my best to answer with my current information as everything above is not all that is available.[break][break]

[attr="class","opmindbot"]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Montserrat:200,300,400,700,800]
[googlefont=Hammersmith One]
[newclass=.opmind]padding:14px;border:solid 1px #e2e2e2;background-color:#f3f3f3;width:450px;color:#444444;text-align:justify;font:10px Verdana;[/newclass]
[newclass=.opmindtop]background-color:#c43b3b;padding:1px;height:133px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.opmindtopp]background-color:#f5f5f5;opacity:.25;position:absolute;height:133px;width:448px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.opmindtopleft]border:solid 1px #c43b3b;height:65px;width:60px;letter-spacing:-1px;padding-right:5px;background-color:#f5f5f5;float:left;margin:33px 0px 0px 33px;font:30px Montserrat;font-weight:300!important;line-height:65px;color:#c43b3b;font-style:italic;text-align:center;position:relative;z-index:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.opmindtopright]margin:33px 33px 0px 103px;border:solid 1px #c43b3b;height:65px;background-color:#f5f5f5;color:#aaaaaa;font:30px Montserrat;line-height:65px;font-weight:200!important;text-transform:lowercase;font-style:italic;text-align:right;padding-right:25px;white-space:nowrap;overflow:hidden;position:relative;z-index:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.opmindtop2]border:solid 1px #e2e2e2;background-color:#f9f9f9;border-top:none;padding:14px;font:10px Hammersmith One;text-align:right;text-transform:uppercase;font-style:italic;[/newclass]
[newclass=.opmindblurb]border-left:solid 1px #e2e2e2;border-right:solid 1px #e2e2e2;padding:6px;background-color:#eeeeee;[/newclass]
[newclass=.opmindblurb1]border:solid 1px #e2e2e2;background-color:#f9f9f9;padding:34px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.opmindblurb1 h1]font:27px Montserrat;color:#c43b3b;font-weight:200!important;line-height:25px;font-style:italic;padding:20px 0px 20px 15px;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.opmindblurb1 h2]font:10px Hammersmith One;color:#aaaaaa;font-style:italic;line-height:10px;margin-top:-15px;padding:0px 0px 20px 15px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.opmindblurb1 b]font:10px Hammersmith One;color:#aaaaaa;[/newclass]
[newclass=.opmindblurb1 a]font:10px Hammersmith One;color:#c43b3b;[/newclass]
[newclass=.opmindblurb1 i]color:#aaaaaa;[/newclass]
[newclass=.opmindcode]border:solid 1px #e2e2e2;background-color:#f3f3f3;padding:24px;color:#aaaaaa;margin:20px 0px 0px 0px;font:10px Montserrat;font-weight:300!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.opmindbot]background-color:#c43b3b;padding:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.opmindbot div]height:15px;background-color:#f5f5f5;opacity:.25;[/newclass]
last edit on Dec 21, 2023 13:41:24 GMT by Chibi Magician
Feline Overlord
aliasChibi
pronounsShe/Her
1,790written posts
Chibi Magicianearned bits
offlinecurrently
Chibi Magician
Spring '21 Dev Completionist
Chibi Magician Avatar
Pure Gremlin Energy
yumyums Avatar
What species will be available for play?

As of present, I have sorted species into the primary groups that I am hoping can act as member roles and perhaps allow for more free-range. This could change when I get fully started to allow for intriguing cultural differences across the board; i.e. I may not list them all, but let people pick or do short-hand lists/information to allow for unique and interesting diversity without novels to read. Those groups consist of:

Angelics: Creatures of heavenly/holy origin that presently consist of for sure: angels, archangels, seraphims & cherubims.

Demonics: Those of unholy origins that presently consist of for sure: demons, hellhounds, vampires, bakenekos & fallen angels.

Beastials: Creatures of animalistic origins that presently consist of for sure: werecreatures, shifters & nekomatas.

Mythics: Creatures with primarily human-appearing creatures or humanoid features, but who wield magic which presently consist of for sure: witches/warlocks, elemantalists & gifted.

Deviants: This I will give a more thorough explanation as things may change. Deviants actually are where humans and those with unique traits from mixed breeding lie. At the moment, I do have them noted as not having abilities, but I have been debating changing this as it does include halfbreeds and, at least in my opinion, should also include nephilims & dhampirs to name a few.

Abyssals: Creatures who have gone back and returned from the cycle of death. This presently consists of: wraiths, reapers & spirits.

Those are what I have for overall groups with some tweaking that may follow.
Feline Overlord
aliasChibi
pronounsShe/Her
1,790written posts
offlinecurrently
Chibi Magician
Chibi Magician Avatar
Pure Gremlin Energy
[nospaces]

[attr="class","opmind"]

[attr="class","opmindtopleft"]02

[attr="class","opmindtopright"]THE UMBRA

[attr="class","opmindtop2"]THE DARK SCOURGE UPON THE WORLD

Nobody knows how it began, but The Calamitous Umbrage brought forth a darkness that consumed the land and plunged it into a barren wasteland. Everything happened suddenly with multiple epicentres where the shadows marred and gnarled the world. Across her once gorgeous, green and blue skin arrived an ever-expanding darkness that turned the world black and morphed its creatures. An evil nobody could have expected that would launch the world into a war against a force devouring its world.

CREATURES OF THE UMBRAGE

crawling darkness that seeks to devour

Anything from the most horrific nightmares can exist in the dark lands outside The Salvation known as the Barrens. From plants that create poisonous gasses to large, hulking beast-like creatures. There is little off-limits to the horrors beyond the barrier.
[break][break]
Only those who follow the Nightfall attempt to cut back the scourge that is the Creatures of the Umbrage. Trained hunters, wise botanists and quick-footed scouts have become skilled in fighting, disposing and avoiding the fauna.

INFECTION OF THE UMBRAGE

enemy of sanity and mind

A twisted corruption from the Umbra. It can be from over-exposure, mental vulnerability or other unknown factors. Those accepting of the Infection will receive limited side effects as the Umbra speaks to them and they listen. Those who fight them will be prone to aggression, paranoia, mania and will be more prone to adhere to intrusive thoughts.
[break][break]
The Cure[break]
There are limited methods to dispel the Infection of the Umbrage. This is regularly accomplished through strict mental fortitude and healing over the course of months. Magical healing must be used and it takes time to cast away the Infection.
[break][break]
By the end of this process, the individual will become mentally drained and may suffer from long-term anxiety and trauma. Those who have accepted the Infection are believed to be uncurable. This is believed on account of their acceptance of the Umbrage's words. However, some believe nobody has tried procedures lengthy enough to assure recovery.

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.opmind]padding:14px;border:solid 1px #e2e2e2;background-color:#f3f3f3;width:450px;color:#444444;text-align:justify;font:10px Verdana;[/newclass]
[newclass=.opmindtop]background-color:#c43b3b;padding:1px;height:133px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.opmindtopp]background-color:#f5f5f5;opacity:.25;position:absolute;height:133px;width:448px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.opmindtopleft]border:solid 1px #c43b3b;height:65px;width:60px;letter-spacing:-1px;padding-right:5px;background-color:#f5f5f5;float:left;margin:33px 0px 0px 33px;font:30px Montserrat;font-weight:300!important;line-height:65px;color:#c43b3b;font-style:italic;text-align:center;position:relative;z-index:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.opmindtopright]margin:33px 33px 0px 103px;border:solid 1px #c43b3b;height:65px;background-color:#f5f5f5;color:#aaaaaa;font:30px Montserrat;line-height:65px;font-weight:200!important;text-transform:lowercase;font-style:italic;text-align:right;padding-right:25px;white-space:nowrap;overflow:hidden;position:relative;z-index:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.opmindtop2]border:solid 1px #e2e2e2;background-color:#f9f9f9;border-top:none;padding:14px;font:10px Hammersmith One;text-align:right;text-transform:uppercase;font-style:italic;[/newclass]
[newclass=.opmindblurb]border-left:solid 1px #e2e2e2;border-right:solid 1px #e2e2e2;padding:6px;background-color:#eeeeee;[/newclass]
[newclass=.opmindblurb1]border:solid 1px #e2e2e2;background-color:#f9f9f9;padding:34px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.opmindblurb1 h1]font:27px Montserrat;color:#c43b3b;font-weight:200!important;line-height:25px;font-style:italic;padding:20px 0px 20px 15px;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.opmindblurb1 h2]font:10px Hammersmith One;color:#aaaaaa;font-style:italic;line-height:10px;margin-top:-15px;padding:0px 0px 20px 15px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.opmindcode]border:solid 1px #e2e2e2;background-color:#f3f3f3;padding:24px;color:#aaaaaa;margin:20px 0px 0px 0px;font:10px Montserrat;font-weight:300!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.opmindbot div]height:15px;background-color:#f5f5f5;opacity:.25;[/newclass]
Feline Overlord
aliasChibi
pronounsShe/Her
1,790written posts
offlinecurrently
Chibi Magician
Chibi Magician Avatar
Pure Gremlin Energy
[nospaces]

[attr="class","opmind"]

[attr="class","opmindtopleft"]03

[attr="class","opmindtopright"]THE PREVAILERS

[attr="class","opmindtop2"]THOSE WHO STAND IN THE DARKNESS

Within the Salvation are multiple groups at play in the effort to cut back the Umbra and reconquer the world from the scourge marring her flesh. This is accomplished through varying means for those who have not fallen into the grasp of darkness and adhered to the call of its Infection. For those who dare to prevail in the darkest times.

THE ANGELIC ORDER

the pureness to cleanse the dark

The supreme moral authority in the Salvation, the Angelic Order is an organization that facilitates Law in the Salvation. Those who work in the Angelic Order desire the best outcome for everyone within the Salvation and believe it best sought through moral action. These individuals can act as lawyers, peacekeepers and various other roles designed to assure the future of the Salvation. Within the Angelic Order is the Holy Council, who act as its governing force.
[break][break]
Beneath it is the Holy Council who is a group of archangels, it is believed they will guide this darkened world to the magnificent light of a holy future. They preside over the realm of Law to assure the Salvation is governed according to moral principles. They are a group of eight Archangels who are ranked within the Holy Council Council itself. Throughout the Salvation, they are spread, assuring the proper upkeep of the settlement and asserting control over the courts. Through their heavenly omnipotence, shall they lead us from the Umbrage into the light and avoid the second coming of a Calamity.
[break][break]
Way of Divine Intervention[break]
A subsection to the holy sect composed of assassins. In unfortunate times, threats require sinful force to be uprooted from this holy ground. Therefore, the Way of Divine Intervention exists to exterminate threats to the Salvations morality that cannot be handled through court proceedings. Individuals can easily manifest corruption, hence why people need to trim the weeds when things turn sour.

THE NIGHTFALL COMMISSION

the brave who cut through the dark

The scourge of the Umbra rages beyond the magic field walls of the Salvation. In a search for hope, the Nightfall Commission courageously searches the expanses of land long claimed by the Umbra. In the dangerous world of the Barrens, where life has long been claimed by the Umbra, those within the Nightfall Commission narrowly manage to thrive… if it could be considered that. Their purpose is both within the Salvation and outside the Salvation. They are the first called when creatures or fauna of the Umbra invade or threaten to infiltrate the holy lands of the Salvation.
[break][break]
Way of Hunters [break]
Those who dispose of or trap the creatures of the Umbra. They are skillful trackers and hunters with a deep understanding of animals and their patterns. They are among the rare who can understand the actions of an animal infected by the Umbra.
[break][break]
Way of Botanists[break]
Those who dispose of or contain dangerous fauna. They possess a deep understanding of plants along with the resources to drive them back from the root.
[break][break]
Way of Scouts[break]
The few brave adventurers of the Nightfall Commission who march into the Barrens to explore and map the area. They are taught multiple skills to ensure their task will be completed, but those who do not return are assumed dead or infected.

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

last edit on Nov 22, 2023 19:15:25 GMT by Chibi Magician
Feline Overlord
aliasChibi
pronounsShe/Her
1,790written posts
offlinecurrently
Chibi Magician
Chibi Magician Avatar
Pure Gremlin Energy
Quick OOC update here to avoid taking away from my in-plot writing. Everything above this post is all present knowledge I have written for the Umbra & available groups. There maybe updates to this, but I am hoping to quote/spoiler should that come since nothing is in stone quite yet. I figured I would check the reception to the ideas I have.

Anyways, thank you for anyone patiently waiting for updates and support. <3 I am still planning to hopefully make Umbra, I have just been slow due to external reasons.
Feline Overlord
aliasChibi
pronounsShe/Her
1,790written posts
offlinecurrently
Chibi Magician
Chibi Magician Avatar
Pure Gremlin Energy
[nospaces]

[attr="class","opmind"]

[attr="class","opmindtopleft"]04

[attr="class","opmindtopright"]THE POWERS

[attr="class","opmindtop2"]THE STRENGTH WE HAVE

On account of the amount of species Umbra wishes to introduce, we have slowly been going about a method to allow a more sandbox experience while balancing the system to avoid massive power gaps between members and allowing for creativity.

SPECIES

the creatures within

We are hoping the end goal is to have a free-range system for species if feasible. On account of some creatures being seen as inherently omnipotent, the plan is to list species in their respective groups (i.e. angelic, demonic, beastial, etc.) and allow members to submit certain species for review with some baseline information. This may require some research on the staff part to check weaknesses and such from a baseline in the media, so please note, this may still not happen for sure. It has been a toss up on account of the media's various portrayals of different supernatural creatures and our need to balance the heft of the planned system. Nonetheless, even if the initial plan does not pan out, we hope to have a decent and set berth to allow people variety in their ideas and concepts. The best way to put it for this section is the feasibility still needs to be discussed and planned in a more indepth format as not everybody’s view of overpowered or underpowered is the same.
[break][break]
As for the abilities related to these species, it will be asked that each ability makes sense for that species. For example, it would not make sense for vampires who are weak to sunlight and fire to have that as an ability. We will allow flexibility, so to continue on this example, a vampire having blood manipulation would not be a stretch.

ABILITIES SYSTEM

the power we turn into hope

Abilities on Umbra will operate through a point system. This system will not operate in the same vein as a shop-based system, but rather be used to assist with making a power capping point. Naturally, there may still be discrepancies in an individual character’s power, but we hope everyone can understand this will happen naturally. The plan is each made character when they are being written will have 8 points for the creator to keep track of. These 8 points can be used to slot in abilities. They do not all have to be used. The plan is major abilities, such as your elemental manipulations, physical enhancements or anything of particular power will cost two points. Meanwhile abilities categorized as minor abilities, such as enhanced senses, omnilinguistics, enhanced memory or anything that acts more as a support ability for the character will cost one point. The upper cap on abilities as a whole will likely be 6 total to avoid overloading certain ability types.
[break][break]
Points, limits, etc maybe adjusted once I get proper work done on the species group, but for the most part, will be something in this vein.

FREEBIE ABILITIES

the power we turn into hope

There will be abilities that will be considered free as we feel they do not add much other than plot opportunities for certain characters or would ultimately hamper specific character types from being able to enjoy themselves. So far, these two abilities consist of: age-ceasing immortality and shifting (specifically for beastials, hellhounds and perhaps a few others).
[break][break]
Age-ceasing immortality would, as the name implies, only focus on making a character’s life span unlimited, thus does not necessarily need a hard cap. There will likely be a clause stating please do not go too insane, but with the ability being relatively harmless, I won’t bat an eye.
[break][break]
As for shifting, personally, we wish to avoid limiting the creativity people will have with characters and for some species, shifting is a given. As a result, it will be a freebie likely with a generalized weakness across the board with some exceptions. This is mostly because for some species this may result in their power-sets being routine and with little nuance.
[break][break]
More maybe added as I start writing up species groups properly, but these two are the main ones I can think of.

WEAKNESS SYSTEM

the burden we bare

As a majority of people know, a lot of standard supernatural creatures have weaknesses. For angels, at times it could be cursed weaponry or sins themselves, vampires are weak to holy water and sunlight, etc. These will be implemented into Umbra as well to give creatures weaknesses and hopefully allow for more interesting situations. Currently, it is possible weaknesses may not be set from person to person; should this happen, 2-3 will likely have to be listed per person. This section is more up for debate than the others and will likely become clearer once I have solid information on how I think species should be done; unfortunately, they have been the difficult debate.

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

Feline Overlord
aliasChibi
pronounsShe/Her
1,790written posts
offlinecurrently
Chibi Magician
Chibi Magician Avatar
Pure Gremlin Energy
[nospaces]

[attr="class","opmind"]

[attr="class","opmindtopleft"]05

[attr="class","opmindtopright"]OFFICIAL PLOT

[attr="class","opmindtop2"]TRAVERSE A WORLD OF DARKNESS

Four hundred years ago. The scourge of darkness split through the earth, abrupt and shattering. It marred her flesh, gnarling her surface from a festering wound cut through the very ground of her skin. Nobody knew how it happened. The world was peaceful until it violently shook and cracked. A black mire bubbled from the depths of the great split, threatening the world of old.
[break][break]
From the gapping wound slithered a darkness that rotted the earth and endangered civilization. The ground festered with the darkness, morphing and changing. The animals were infected by the darkness, transforming into hideous monsters. In desperation, the people fought back against the scourge that threatened their lives. Fought with everything they had and prayed to prevail. This darkness became known as the Umbra and later, the event the Calamitous Umbrage.
[break][break]
Through a mixture of magic and technology, the prevailers combated the Umbra, researched it and attempted to cease the ever-crawling darkness... It was a losing battle. The Umbra stretched and expanded, devouring the Old World and breaking through every measure in its varying forms. It was a beast that plighted them, refusing to cease. Humanity was pushed into a corner, all species desperate to live in the world that attempted to destroy them...
[break][break]
In the all-devouring Umbra, amidst calamity, holy light struck out. A final hope, a prayed call for survival among the masses answered by the Angelic. Around a city, a barrier stretched, massive and protective to give time. In haste, the time was used as specialized wards were created to maintain the border. The people built the world, a new world a mere few years after the Umbra arrived. Over time, it crawled closer, surrounding a beacon in the thick darkness. The Salvation, one of the very safe havens in what transformed into the miserable new world.
[break][break]
Years passed as The Salvation built itself. The Angelics began to control the world of Law and peacekeeping on account of their beliefs. In their opinion, the Umbra was derived from accumulated sin that boiled and broke through the earth. They condemned the survivors, insisting on the importance of morality to gather power and perhaps one day combat the scourge. These beliefs soaked into the people, manifesting general biases against criminals, former or otherwise, and Demonics.
[break][break]
In the present, The Salvation has managed to survive under the keen eyes of those within. There is a slight normalcy to life on account of efforts from the Nightfall Commission, Disciples of Sanction and naturally, the Angelic Order with its Holy Council. Alas, amidst the eerie dystopian world around them, concern whispers in their ears as people fret about the New World's survival. In a settlement of strife, where people are outcasted and there is little consideration for redemption, can the world survive?

[break][break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

last edit on Dec 21, 2023 13:43:26 GMT by Chibi Magician
Feline Overlord
aliasChibi
pronounsShe/Her
1,790written posts
offlinecurrently
Chibi Magician
Chibi Magician Avatar
Pure Gremlin Energy
[nospaces]

[attr="class","opmind"]

[attr="class","opmindtopleft"]06

[attr="class","opmindtopright"]THE SPECIES

[attr="class","opmindtop2"]FLASHING IDENTITIES OF WHO PREVAILS

ANGELICS

those void of sin

Angelics include creatures of holy alignments and at times, positive magic. This includes creatures such as: archangels, angels, seraphims, cherubims, guardian angels, unicorns, nymphs and phoenixes. These creatures follow the teachings of Law and oftentimes personify the concept rather than have a genuine god they follow. They are frequently viewed as individuals who follow morals. This wish to follow this path has created many shades of morality even among those within the group. There are individuals who believe they are more morally-inclined by participating in celibacy, but this is a small percent.
[break][break]
Overall, Angelic culture revolves around repentance and at times, prayer, despite their lack of a proper god. These ties to faith are more a hope that the fates will bring about proper judgment and enact Law to the fullest terms. There are a variety of abilities found from Angelics, however, the least common are more support-based abilities and light-based abilities, elemental manipulations and other types of abilities.

DEMONICS

viewed through the dark shades

Demonics include creatures of unholy alignments and at times, negative magic. These would be creatures such as demons, oni, imps, procubi, hellhounds, vampires, bakenekos and fallen angels. The society featured for Demonics is primarily dog-eat-dog with a lack of proper or genuine traditions. There may be select groups or family houses who have found a sense of tradition, but anything related to this is oftentimes seen in vampires. A majority of opinions on Demonics derive from perception. On account of their associations, demonics are viewed as creatures of great sin.
[break][break]
This makes their presence in the Salvation eerily controversial given the opinions. Their ability make-up tends to not assist in these opinions. A majority of their abilities revolve around darker magic, such as curses or more questionable abilities involving contracts. While depending on the creature this changes, their manipulations are also often related to darkness and blood.
[break][break]
Procubi will act as the general term for succubi & incubi. It is meant to be a gender-neutral term for the species.

BEASTIALS

creatures behind human-like faces

Beastials include creatures that appear to have beastly traits or animal shifts. This includes creatures such as: werecreatures, shifters, nekomata, animalae, selkies, tengus, dragons, familiars and kitsune. Depending on species and specific animal, Beastials can possess pack or group mentalities. There are some exceptions to this, but it is considered common among the species. Some creatures are unable to control their shift depending on circumstances which primarily includes werecreatures.
[break][break]
For the most part, Beastials often stick to the groups they have made. They are regarded neutrally within the Salvation, but oftentimes as hardworkers on account of their propensity for physical abilities. Frequently, Beastials’ abilities consist of physical enhancements and strong senses. There are some who gain more magical abilities, but it depends on species and is considered more rare at times.
[break][break]
Animalae, for description sake, are effectively anthropomorphic animals. They do not possess a fully human form and rather have a hybrid form and in some cases, an animal form.
[break][break]
To avoid entirely demolishing the setting, shifts, even if fantasy creatures, cannot exceed 20 feet in height or width.

MYSTICS

normal in appearance, magic in practice

Primarily human-appearing creatures who oftentimes wield magic. Most differing traits among them are minimal with small differences between them; such as differing ear-shapes. This would include creatures such as: witches/warlocks, seers, elementalists, gifted, nocturi, elves and electricytes. The only creatures in this group that break norms are humans themself who fit best in mystics. The cultures seen between mystics are incredibly diverse given the variety in human life. This does make mystics an interesting group of species.
[break][break]
Depending on the creature, mystics can have a variety of differing abilities with some being more specific and pointed with others being broader and vaguer. However, those within this group are frequently sought out for their capabilities in magical foresight in hopes of guiding others to a prosperous future.
[break][break]
Gifted are creatures that will have a cap of 4 abilities, but they are not required to be related to one another.
[break][break]
Nocturi is a creature made by Chibi Magician, their abilities should be related to night as they are one with darkness. Their eyes are known for having stars deep in their colours.
[break][break]
Electricytes is a creature made by Chibi Magician and are creatures related to technology and have abilities related to electricity and technology primarily.

DEVIANTS

outcasts with little place

Often known as half-breeds or hybrids of other species, deviants are an umbrella term for the few creatures who take from both parents rather than one. While some may join the ranks of mystics and become a gifted or occasionally other species types on account of few cross-breeding capabilities between species. There are some species who are unable to create hybrids. This does include: dhampirs (vampire/human or mystic), nephilims (angellic/human or mystic), luciae and other hybrids.
[break][break]
On account of deviants primarily consisting of hybrid creatures, there is no definite culture between them. Rather, it depends on the parents’ teachings on what the specific deviant’s culture may become. This makes them incredibly versatile in beliefs and teachings. However, it is not uncommon to notice a variety in appearances among deviants depending on the traits they may show from their parents. For the sake of simplicity, any creatures that are incredibly similar to one another will have to pick one of the parents (i.e. angels & archangels, demons & imps, etc., most beastials), this will work the same for impossible hybrids. These creatures often inherit abilities from both parents, however, they can also inherit weaknesses from both.
[break][break]
Luciae are a species created by my friend, Kitsu. For the sake of simplicity, we will say they are a mixture between most wolf-shifting beastials and angels. They are wolf-shifting with angelic wings and abilities that lean more to the angelic.
[break][break]
Impossible Hybrids[break]
Any Abyssals (unable to have children)[break]
Vampires x Werewolves[break]
Nymphs x Most Fire Users (phoenixes, fire elementals, fire dragons, etc.)[break]
[break]
Alternative Category Hybrids[break]
Angels (or angel adjacent) x Demons (or demon adjacent) will make a Fallen Angel (Demonic).[break]
Demons (or demon adjacent) x Canine Beastials will make a Hellhound (Demonic).[break]
Demons (or demon adjacent) x Feline Beastials will make a Bakeneko (Demonic).

ABYSSALS

once lost, now returned

Death is an inevitability, especially in a world where danger lurks around every corner. Abyssals are creatures of the undead, those who have perished, but through some means returned to life. This includes creatures such as: wraiths, reapers, spirits, banshees, draugrs, inugamis and liches. At times, in death, can come appreciation, thus while abyssals have a unique culture, their cultures do notably change between one another. This makes their culture described as “shifting” since the process of death may change viewpoints, culture and societal interaction.
[break][break]
All abyssals have an age-ceasing immortality with their abilities being fixated around death a majority of the time. Depending on creatures, there can be unique differences between the varying creatures. However, a majority are notably weak against things meant to ward away the undead on account of the new composition in soul and body. For the sake of simplicity, the original body of the abyssal in question will be restored and act as their main body. These creatures are also unable to have children.
[break][break]
Draugrs, to add something to abyssals, are undead warriors.

[break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

Feline Overlord
aliasChibi
pronounsShe/Her
1,790written posts
offlinecurrently
Chibi Magician
Chibi Magician Avatar
Pure Gremlin Energy
A quick OOC update to provide an idea of what the site will be like and potential dates for probably a beta test first. I do have some friends helping me with testing at the moment and giving balancing ideas as we go along. As of present, I am aiming for further beta-testing to occur in January. When in January, I am not completely certain yet given I have been struck with some bad luck with colds and I want to be sure my co-admin is prepared.

We will have the following features on site:
- Applications & Shipper are linked to the profile
- In-Profile Auto-Tracker; will also inform members on what needs to be replied to!
- Primarily fixated on a dark-theme aesthetic, but a light-theme will be available as the skin we use has one.
- Posting Templates will be available for use since they were provided with the skin! However, members can make their own or use some from resource sites.
- Abilities & Weaknesses are working toward being semi-sandbox with some caps to reign in being overpowered.
- Site moderation will primarily occur through Discord to make my life easier. My apologies to those who dislike Discord.
Feline Overlord
aliasChibi
pronounsShe/Her
1,790written posts
offlinecurrently
Chibi Magician
Chibi Magician Avatar
Pure Gremlin Energy
A long-overdue update considering my original scheduling. I apologize for the delays, personal matters came up and I found it difficult to continue the work alongside a few other writing/role-play-related projects that needed to be completed before continuing. We are currently hoping for April to be the opening month. I will not make any promises until I get through my final to-dos and get some beta testers/early access characters processed. However, here is a breakdown of the plan for when it is time and additionally the progress.

- All current on-site boards have their images and descriptions completed. This means once I complete a few other things, I can probably start getting people ready to role-play soon. This primarily consists of a few polish-ups to coding and some mild tidying of on-site information.

- Currently up for debate, but I may have a secondary update for groups soon once their information is polished since post-writing, there were a few crucial categories I wished to add to the overall information to help with lore.

- While there is currently a beta-test/early access phase occurring at the moment, there is a chance I will do a second round of beta testing and early access checks for those interested. This is mostly because the first round consists of people I am familiar with and overall, people who understand the primary goals and my information writing style beforehand. So, I have considered this to get some people who may be less familiar to have a glance over for touch-ups, specifying and clarity.

Anyways, I will try and post more updates as I polish things up and hopefully come up with a secondary early access date alongside some more information for you to eat up.
Feline Overlord
aliasChibi
pronounsShe/Her
1,790written posts
offlinecurrently
Chibi Magician
Chibi Magician Avatar
Pure Gremlin Energy
[nospaces]

[attr="class","opmind"]

[attr="class","opmindtopright"]OPENING PREP

[attr="class","opmindtop2"]THE SCOURGE CALLS

From a fissure in the earth came the scourge. The ever-consuming darkness that crawls across the ground and devours, infects and destroys. The time to prevail comes slow and steady as the Salvation stands, a brilliant halo amidst a treacherous sea. Everybody hopes to live in a star hidden in the darkness, but who would depend on the actions of those within. Do you stand to prevail? Or perhaps you wish for the Umbra's success?

COMING SOON

our final touches

After a week or two of hard work, I can happily say UMBRA's official opening will be coming soon. There is no official date quite yet, but it will likely occur later in the month depending on how our second round of beta testing goes. Hence the update post. I have already had someone message me, but I wanted to try and get 3-4 beta testers composed of people I do not know personally. This is because first round consisted of friends of mine who recognized my writing style and who I knew would not mind me requesting changes if requirements, lore, etc changed a little throughout the creation process. Thus, I wanted to do a second early access to start things up.

[break][break]

Alright, so onto the nitty gritty! Access to the site for the second round beta test will occur April 8th, 2024. On this day, I will send all invites. You are more than welcome to decline to join after reading the information in full! We would also still appreciate hearing your feedback! I will also add, that even if beta test positions cap out, you are welcome to message or post here with interest. I will gladly inform you of opening day or allow you to take a beta slot if someone declines or drops out! For those who wish to participate in the test, once again, you can post here or message me. Either is welcomed! These positions will be first come, first served with the only exceptions being those who are banned of course.

[break][break]

Current Beta Testers Amount:: 1/4

[break][break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

Feline Overlord
aliasChibi
pronounsShe/Her
1,790written posts
offlinecurrently
Chibi Magician
Chibi Magician Avatar
Pure Gremlin Energy
[nospaces]

[attr="class","opmind"]

[attr="class","opmindtopright"]OPENING PREP

[attr="class","opmindtop2"]THE SCOURGE CALLS

OPENING DAY

prepared to dance in the dark?

After some discussion, the official opening day of UMBRA will be April 27, 2024. I have a few more things to work on, however, the date should work perfectly fine! On the opening day, I will post here with the ad and everyone will be allowed on site. Given we are opening soon, I will give some of the site features that are confirmed.

[break][break]

Site's Features [break]
- We have a variety of canon positions that will be available for members. Some positions are more powerful than others, but even after first access people grabbing some positions, we still have a lot available!

[break][break]

- Activity rulings are more lax with one post per 5 characters every 2 months for activity checks. Canon characters are an exception and will require a post every two months.

[break][break]

- While we could not complete the goal of free-for-all species, we have a broad variety of available species and have a flexible power system for people.

[break][break]

- The character's User Profile acts as the application for convenience. We also have an auto-tracker to make life easier for joining members! No more hassling yourself with making one.

[break][break]

- There is a light and dark mode available on the site along with custom posting templates! These templates came with the site and will change between light and dark accordingly.

[break][break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

last edit on Apr 17, 2024 12:17:54 GMT by Chibi Magician
Feline Overlord
aliasChibi
pronounsShe/Her
1,790written posts
offlinecurrently
Chibi Magician
Chibi Magician Avatar
Pure Gremlin Energy

Ladies, gentlemen & nonbinaries, today is the day when you can enter the veil of darkness. Thank you all for your support and I hope those of you who wish to join enjoy the site. <3 It has taken some time and may need a little more freshening up as needed.