write a reply

One Piece: Waves of Tomorrow

2written posts
Imuitearned bits
offlinecurrently
Imuit
Imuit Avatar

One Piece: Waves of Tomorrow is a AU One Piece RP that seeks to offer compelling narratives, engaging content and a welcoming, literary-focused community. This roleplay is hosted entirely on Discord as a means of utilizing its ease of use and responsive design without sacrificing literary quality. To do this, the Discord uses forum channels to allow roleplayers to create threads and reply to them just like a traditional forum.

Waves of Tomorrow aims for roleplay mechanics to be simple yet robust enough to encourage character and plot development and consistent roleplay. Further, the roleplay wishes to address some of the common pain points within One Piece roleplays such as sluggish progression, cumbersome stat systems, Devil Fruit availability, crew formation difficulty and bottlenecks and more. Despite One Pieceโ€™s conflict-riddled plotlines, the roleplay pushes the importance of cooperative writing. There is no sense of competition or feeling like you absolutely must win every single conflict that youโ€™re in: if anything, the biggest concerns are to simply create fantastic stories and to have fun. If you wish to view examples of some of the mechanics, click some of the links below! You do not need to join the Discord in order to view the documents.

The roleplay itself is almost complete, though I wish to do a โ€œbeta testโ€ to further work out kinks within the systems and see how they are in use. There are already people making characters and chatting within the server. If you wish to join, I would be more than happy to have you! More so, if you wish to become a member of staff, feel free to reach out to me in the server.

Discord Link: discord.gg/nd9PdfNaua

Thank you for your time, and I hope to see you there!

last edit on Feb 16, 2024 1:00:36 GMT by Imuit
2written posts
Imuitearned bits
offlinecurrently
Imuit
Imuit Avatar
Thank you for the kind words and support! The server has steadily grown over the past week and continues growing by the day! Also, I've been working hard adding brand new content as guidelines for member-created Adventures, NPCs and Companions, and more! As people get more established with their characters, I hope to introduce the roleplay's first arc soon. The roleplay's overarching plots are very open-ended and will be determined based on the playerbase's actions.

If anyone is still interested in joining, we are more than happy to have you!