write a reply

Quick Interest Checks

50written posts
mavrohearned bits
offlinecurrently
mavroh
mavroh Avatar
Is there any interest for ANOTHER fantasy rp? But this time it only takes place in a massive city-scape and is supposed to feel self-contained and immersive. The focus is supposed to be on a mix between slice of life in a big city and action-packed plots between factions. Basically one of those superpower city rp's but instead of superpowers people use magic. Also, no non-human races. I don't know how much of a buzzkill that is for some people. But yah, any thoughts on that matter?
50written posts
mavrohearned bits
offlinecurrently
mavroh
mavroh Avatar
iota Avatar
mavroh Avatar
Is there any interest for ANOTHER fantasy rp? But this time it only takes place in a massive city-scape and is supposed to feel self-contained and immersive. The focus is supposed to be on a mix between slice of life in a big city and action-packed plots between factions. Basically one of those superpower city rp's but instead of superpowers people use magic. Also, no non-human races. I don't know how much of a buzzkill that is for some people. But yah, any thoughts on that matter?
So long as I can play my things -wildly gestures to signature- and there are no vampires and no angels (bird people, like in wind waker, are cool), and I don't have to cry over the apping process, I will check it out faster Spongebob races across Bikini Bottom.

-Sparkles at-
So, I checked your app. And most things would fit kinda-sorta, depending on your interpretation of them. To make it clear, the site is kinda done, but I'm just wondering if theres any interest for the setting at all. That said, I didnt write in a way to actually rp non-human races, but there is a class that is all about using creatures and entities to cast magic. Basically, the whole familiar shtick. In that vein, I could see someone rping the familiar while someone  else rp's the owner? And threads where he hunts you down could be a thing before you actually become familiar and owner. It would actually be a viable exception for the rule of no non-human races. I hadn't thought about giving the option for splitting up the rping tasks between familiar and mage. I'm probably gonna add that whether you'd make the compromise or not, so thanks for the idea! But yeah. Straight monster v monster-hunter is not reeeaaallly a thing, but could definitely happen within the confines of the class that is all about taming creatures to use as magic sources. 

Thanks for the response either way. Always nice to exchange ideas. 

0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
mavroh Avatar
Fantasy rps are honestly too mainstream rn, in my personal opinion. However, cityscape + slice of life + immersive + just human races x magic = 1000% HELL yes from me. I cannot tell you how many times I almost join a small town fantasy site, only to realise that the human races are drowned out by the non-human ones, or that it is "super-power based". I would like to at least check it out, if not join.

0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
dreams Avatar
mavroh Avatar
Fantasy rps are honestly too mainstream rn, in my personal opinion.

So you say, but I still can't play my non-humanoid/barbarian pairing anywhere XD It's either too modern/political or too human-y/humanoid-y. T0T That being said, I do think modern fantasies are pretty mainstream.
0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
watcher Avatar
I'd rather JRPG-esque/medieval settings, but fantasy is cool... if I could possibly put certain characters of mine in it XD The no non-human thing might be a damper to my idea, though.

Make your site for yourself, not for others. :)
0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
sorry i posted in the wrong thread with the post before

I've always wanted to bring back my anime/manga site that was based around fairy-tale characters being reincarnated in modern time. It was a pretty interesting concept, and I've always wanted to broaden it just a little more.
50written posts
mavrohearned bits
offlinecurrently
mavroh
mavroh Avatar
dreams Avatar

I've always wanted to bring back my anime/manga site that was based around fairy-tale characters being reincarnated in modern time. It was a pretty interesting concept, and I've always wanted to broaden it just a little more.
Kinda like The Wolf Among Us? The Telltale game? Or a little less gritty/noir? Either way, I think it'd be dope.
0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
mavroh Avatar
dreams Avatar

Kinda like The Wolf Among Us? The Telltale game? Or a little less gritty/noir? Either way, I think it'd be dope.
I'm not familiar with any of those, but probably less gritty/noir, seeing as it was originally slice-of-life.
pronounsshe/her
90written posts
FINITEearned bits
offlinecurrently
FINITE
FINITE Avatar
Anyone want a "modern Monster Hunter-esque" site? Base concept involves simple apps, ability to play monsters (actually "spirits" but humans prefer to use "monsters") in the wilderness who reject the human disguise they were given, monsters disguised as humans trying to live in peace, and humans, mostly member driven in what happens except for the occasional staff-made events to spice things up, etc.

Basically just an idea I've been mulling over for a while now. If there's enough interest, I'll throw up a staff search so I can actually get the concept finalized lol.
last edit on Apr 6, 2019 17:03:29 GMT by FINITE
pronounsHe/Him/His
1,103written posts
lightearned bits
offlinecurrently
light
Part of the Furniture
light Avatar
give me a magic site or something.
no medieval, preferably.
something like: "magical warfare", "rakudai kishi no cavalry", or "asterisk wars".
or all 3 and just make an original site, ty.

or, y'know, yu yu hakusho.

a k project setting maybe.
this isn't sites you want to see :pikasurprise:

last edit on Apr 7, 2019 16:07:40 GMT by light