eulalieearned bits
offlinecurrently
eulalie
eulalie Avatar
Let the mighty be humbled.
interest check: soteria

+
about soteria

Soteria is an original fantasy roleplay inspired by digital and tabletop roleplaying games. Driven by player created narratives and community-pushed site-wide plot, Soteria offers a setting for those who wish for a fantastical country life to one blade deep in monsters and political intrigue.
+
general premise

Set in the world of Ilmarus, three of its kingdoms have found themselves on the frontlines of a corruptive tragedy. Eliska, abandoned by the Gods who loved it, has fallen to a corruptive magical force that has become known as the Void. Its corruption sank into the land along with its people and wildlife, destroying the country in days. Eliskan people fled to their borders. Madness and death spread with the resulting panic; Some succumbing to the corruption and others falling by its claw. The corrupted and the uncorrupted clamored to the surrounding kingdoms of Fylakas, Kazu, and the Empire.

It has been ten years since the fall.

Eliska’s citizens have found uneasy footing in other kingdoms. Though the initial panic has settled, the three kingdoms still remain unsteady. Murmurs of those who delayed corruption ripple unease in the streets. Research on the Void's origin and curing the corrupted, the Voidkissed, has kept the political discourse simmering in the shadows. Citizens of Ilmarus still search for their Gods among the land.

Will the Divine deliver them from destruction?
Or will the people have to do it on their own?
+
what you can expect
Several events that are planned around an active Divinity. Will you be able to meet one of the Divine in person and just happen to cross their path? Mayhaps you might be able to pick their brain, even for just a little bit during these events!

Site plots will push forward should the players choose to look more into the voidal blight and how to cure it. It's been ten years and its slowly expanding - one country at a time. If you aren't as interested in it, that's fine too, but just know the threat is ever looming in the background.

For those that prefer smaller plots, we have several subplots for each of our kingdoms that is available to be a part of.

Statless system. We'll be having a skill location on both our temporary skin and custom one. As long as the skills fit within the lore, its up to your imagination. (And no sweat if you aren't sure on something, staff is here to help!)
+
what we are planning
Beta Testers will help staff know what lore is not clear or lacking, smooth out the application process and various systems, and identify problems on the skin and in site functions.

A custom skin is currently in the works for the site, but a temporary skin is in use. Lore and character applications are ready to be tested and reviewed.

We plan on running our beta for no longer than 1 month and plan on doing a public open by the end of April!
+
interested in beta testing?
Soteria is currently looking for 3 to 4 beta testers here from Pixel to help us with our beta testing. We will invite you to join discord by March 31st!

Thank you for the interest! We will be reaching out to everyone that's asked either tomorrow or Sunday via DMs. \ o /
mizo.
last edit on Mar 29, 2024 22:36:48 GMT by eulalie
the waking storm
aliasLuxu, TenebraeQueene
pronounsShe/They
313written posts
Galeforceearned bits
offlinecurrently
Galeforce
Galeforce Avatar
covered in scars but roses are coming through the cracks
It's funny, I just downloaded the Unicorn Overlord demo and was like "man, i'd love a fantasy d&d sorta site!". And lo and behold! (Also, I think you mentioned this site to me a few weeks ago...)
aliasmany - just ask!
pronounsShe/They
203written posts
eulalieearned bits
offlinecurrently
eulalie
eulalie Avatar
Galeforce Avatar
It's funny, I just downloaded the Unicorn Overlord demo and was like "man, i'd love a fantasy d&d sorta site!". And lo and behold! (Also, I think you mentioned this site to me a few weeks ago...)
I did since I believe it was based on the final fantasy discussion!! I will definitely be reaching out tomorrow! n v n 
aliasmany - just ask!
pronounsShe/They
203written posts
eulalieearned bits
offlinecurrently
eulalie
eulalie Avatar
Hey all! Long time no update!

We're currently looking for another beta tester or two to help with our testing phase. We're currently expecting a test of our custom skin soon!

If you'd like to join our beta, please just send me a PM here on Pixel!