Desmond Milesearned bits
offlinecurrently
Desmond Miles
Part of the Furniture
Desmond Miles Avatar
we will have peace at any cost
Ended up writing this as some lore for a small Zelda rp I'm working on C:

Prompt 27 - Free Fall

Long before Hyrule as we know it took its shape, there were just the tribes of men that inhabited the lands. And each one has their own story of how they came to be. One such tale revolves around how the Rito breached the water’s surface to the skies above.

In this long ago time, the calm and beautiful seas of western Hyrule were slowly drying; blue colored water was becoming endless sands. It is said that a tribe of Zora lived in this sea, but soon found their home and way of life quickly dwindling. Some moved on to bluer waters, or migrated into the rivers. But some remained as the sea turned into a lake, and that lake rapidly became a pond.

A young Zora warrior, fearing for his family, gave himself a mission. He bottled up as much water as he could, and set out to a high peak at the edge of the sea, where a legendary dragon was said to live. The young warrior faced many hardships climbing the dry sands and into the mountains. The air burned his gills and lungs, and his scales dried and cracked. Still, he climbed on as far as he could.

As he neared the peak, he stumbled upon an elderly monk, in a similar predicament to himself.

“Water, I need water,” the monk begged. “Please young one, spare me some water?”

By this point, the young warrior was down to his last bottle of water. He would not make it any further without it. The young warrior resolved then that if he couldn’t save his own life, or that of his family’s, he could at least save the monk’s. Without further thought, he brought the bottle to the monk’s lips and helped him drink.

The monk greedily lapped up the water until the bottle was completely empty.

“You have done well,” the monk said in a suddenly deep voice. A bright light formed around him, and he floated out of the warrior’s arms into the air. With a great booming roar, the monk transformed into the fabled Valuh, the great dragon of the mountain.

“Young warrior,” Valuh boomed. “You gave me the last of your water, knowing death would be certain without it. You have shown me great kindness and for that, I shall reward you. Tell me, young warrior of the sea, what is your wish?”

“Please mighty Valuh, I beg for your help in return,” the warrior said. “Bring upon mighty rains so that the sea may be flush with water once more.”

“Young warrior, your heart is strong, but your wish is unfeasible,” Valuh replied. “It is the sea’s destiny to become desert; you and your kin must move on.”

“But we can’t anymore. The water is just about gone. Everyone who remains will die before they can find a new home. I most assuredly will die trying to get back. Is there another way?” the warrior pleaded.

The mighty Valuh thought deeply, then without a word, swooped down towards the warrior, and whisked him away to the mountain’s peak. He placed the warrior down and then plucked one of his tough scales from his hide.

“Perhaps it is time to seek a different blue sea, one without shores, an endless sea. If you wish it, take my scale then,” Valuh said, then tossed the scale over the peak’s edge. With a desperate gasp, the warrior leapt after it, falling through open air. The wind rushed around him as he fell, and fell, and fell. With shaking hands, he fell enough to catch the scale, and was then, transformed-

Blue scales turned to feathers, and fins turned into wings. His long tail shortened to a plume, and his toes stretched into talons. With a sharp cry, he thrust out his arms, and flew through the air like a bird.

“Well done,” Valuh complimented him as he soared next to him. “Now go to your kin, and sail through the skies.”

The young warrior flew him, and shared the dragon’s blessing with his family. Together, they all left the empty sea to become the first Rito tribe that would soar through Hyrule’s skies.

write a reply

QUICK REPLY

WRITE YOUR POST DOWN BELOW