write a reply

What are you watching?

370written posts
elliearned bits
offlinecurrently
elli
elli Avatar
Finished season 2 of One Punch Man. If Saitama paid attention to his surroundings, each episode in this show would be much shorter.

Now I'm ass-deep in Outlander... Period drama + romance + vague existence of magic + Scotland = so good.
After over 17 years, I've decided to move on from ProBoards. If you need to contact me, find me on my website.
pronounsthey/them
127written posts
vvvaporwavesearned bits
offlinecurrently
vvvaporwaves
vvvaporwaves Avatar
[mitski voice] nobody nobody nobody nobody nobody
i convinced a friend to watch run with the wind with me <3 it's my second time watching it but it's their first and honestly watching it the second time round makes it x2 enjoyable
Stardust in me
aliasEm, Dragon
pronounsShe/Her/Hers
772written posts
rabbitearsearned bits
offlinecurrently
rabbitears
Part of the Furniture
rabbitears Avatar
We're motivated by the stars that we're made of
I'm on season 1 of DBZ with my 11yo, who wants to join my site when he's old enough. (It's entirely sweet.)
pronounsShe/her/hers
58written posts
briarearned bits
offlinecurrently
briar
briar Avatar
Legend of Korra. Season three has been great so far! I just have a few qualms with it regarding the kids.
Jinora's arc or lack thereof is frustrating me! I didn't care for the 'spirit fairy princess' plot in Season 2, but I was looking forward to her journey to Master Airbender. But nope! Bryke (Bryan & Mike the creators) didn't really show us a reason as to why she should receive her tattoos. They're giving all of her opportunities for development and exposure to show her strength to Kai! I can care less for the Aladdin arc with him, but why make him a better Airbender than all of the other prisoners? I understand that it was because he trained a bit with Jinora and Tenzin, but couldn't we just have one prisoner with a natural affinity to Air too? And what annoys me the most is in one episode, they're escaping from the Dai Li and apparently she gets caught by one momentarily before being rescued by Kai. Sure she did save Korra from being captured but that was it. And if we had more scenes like the one in the finale instead of giving them to Kai, it would've been great!

Kai. Someone who learned he could airbend not too long ago- saving Jinora who has been airbending since infancy (don't quote me on that). ALSO, why did she have to play the damsel in distress in not one but two episodes? The one I mentioned and the Bison episode? These could've been opportunities to show her strength but Nah, let's focus more on Aladdin. ALSO, why couldn't Ikki search for the baby bison in the finale? It could've been a callback to the episode where she was found playing with them. Why couldn't Kai be the one captured and have Ikki or Jinora help the gang? Why can't the writers give Tenzin's kids something to do besides be comic relief, deus ex machina, or a huge fart joke? I hope it gets better in season four because this is ridiculous.
last edit on May 31, 2020 3:57:52 GMT by briar
write a reply

QUICK REPLY

WRITE YOUR POST DOWN BELOW