Interest Check: Laidback Slice of Life High School RP

pronounsShe/Her
11written posts
neppitearned bits
offlinecurrently
neppit
neppit Avatar
In light of recent events, I believe that this sort of roleplay would be quite interesting to create. As for me, I am a relatively experienced roleplayer. I have been on a few sites in my time, and at the moment I am attempting to teach myself how to effectively code and skin forums. I am well versed in C#, so I am looking to do something in jcink. Normally I wouldn't really think of open my own site, but I've gained a renewed vigor with the end of a site that I thoroughly enjoyed. 

As for my pitch, I was thinking something pretty simple. Something inspired by the classic ideas of Ferris Bueller or Breakfast Club-like Highschool. Basing it in a small town in modern day America, the roleplay would focus on the lives of the various students and faculty of a particular high school. Here you'd have the ability to do anything in the school that you'd like. You could attempt to dominate the sports field with your particular team, climb the ladder by spreading all kinds of rumors about your enemies, or just attempt to make the best film club humanly possible. Students would have plenty of extracurricular activities to choose from, though would not be required to participate in any. Timeline-wise, It will probably follow something similar to time in real life. The only proper measure of time would be the seasons, which would change whenever the seasons change in real life. Faceclaim and design wise, the site would utilize animanga characters.

When it comes to my management, I hope to create a relaxed environment. There won't be any strict activity checks or EXP from posting or anything like that. Everyone would be given the option to take roleplay at it's own pace. I will also make sure to hold various events for major events around the school, like a homecoming dance, prom, a winter's festival, etc. Participation in this events would not be mandatory, but recommended to expose your character to plenty of their fellow students. Students will most likely be sorted more by their clique than their year, to easily display like minded characters. It is my core belief that roleplay should be something calming and a suitable escape from real life, so I will try my best to make this site a stress free environment. 

As for what I am looking for, the thing that I desire most is support. Just a few words of encouragement can go a long way to seeing this site through to completion. If anyone would like to help, I am mostly lacking in skills when it comes to photoshop. I am working on the process of learning jcink and properly skinning a site, so someone who could help with that would also help. If you are interested in assisting me, please message me here. Thank you for your time. 
pronounsHe/Him
36written posts
slyearned bits
offlinecurrently
sly
sly Avatar
This pitch sounds a lot like a certain rp that went into offline mode not too long ago (especially the sorting by cliques part). With that said, you really should go for it. There is always a place for something really casual like this.

Do you have any ideas for this small town setting or will it be something more stereotypical?
pronounsShe/Her
11written posts
neppitearned bits
offlinecurrently
neppit
neppit Avatar
I have recently began with the production of this site, and from what I have so far, the town is going to be a simple coastal town. A tight knit community with little excitement to be found in the traditional sense. Pretty stereotypical all things considered.
pronounshe + him
157written posts
Gonzoearned bits
offlinecurrently
Gonzo
Gonzo Avatar
it has, truly, been a roundabout path...
you should go for it! i'd totally join. i've been wanting a simple and laid-back high school slice of life site like this for a while (^: sounds like exactly what i need right about now tbh
not to mention i love ferris bueller's day off and the breakfast club to death

i like your hover btw! i hear the dude who made it is a cool guy and would love to make some graphics if you need it

here's my discord: gonzo#5927
in case you actually do need me to do some graphics :^0 i may not be the best but i'll try my best!
3,084written posts
Kitten4uearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kitten4u
Part of the Furniture
Kitten4u Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","infoBG"]
[attr="class","infoBG2"]
[attr="class","infoBack"]
[attr="class","infoTitle"][attr="class","fa fa-star-o"] threadarchived
[attr="class","infoDiv"]

[attr="class","infoBody"]

To keep the forum clean and so people know that all threads in certain areas are current and that the OP is likely to still have interest, we archive threads that haven't gotten posts for 2 weeks. This thread is being archived for that reason. If you would like this thread reopened, contact a staff member.