pronounshe/him
845written posts
bcearned bits
offlinecurrently
bc
Summer '19 Bingo Completionist
bc Avatar
this is my murder mittens ^-^

yeah ai is a joke and yet another nft-like tech scheme. i enjoyed this blog post quite a bit on the subject too, from a "beleaguered engineer suffering in industry" perspective I Will Fucking Piledrive You If You Mention AI Again which i think many people will have already read, but it's still funny as hell.
last edit on Jun 30, 2024 14:49:52 GMT by bc
aliashannyfish
pronounsshe/they
173written posts
hannyearned bits
offlinecurrently
hanny
hanny Avatar
on the rain-soaked veranda, a small rainbow at your feet.
hanny Avatar
unrelated to the ai stuff, but i love when i have to make a reminder that there's no set portrayal of canon characters because of how many mediums the site takes inspo from. like no, i don't have to make a note on the canon list that there's a "derivation" from canon for a character so it's "easy to see at a glance". we have no set canon! read the damn app!

update i actually discovered the character doesn't deviate from canon at all it's just the manga ver. im so mad

ashes to ashes, dust to dust
aliasdove
pronounsany
1written post
offlinecurrently
sweet mourning lamb Avatar
life is full of yi sang.
i've staffed for so many places over so many years, and i still can't figure out a split between Being Staff and Also Being A Member in my head. it isn't bad every time, but there are always days where my brain is like ... mm, no, no roleplay for us today. we need to be prepared in case we have to suddenly take care of the... everything.
aliasSel, sella!
pronounsAny!
33written posts
capsellaearned bits
offlinecurrently
capsella
capsella Avatar
Honestly, I've been thinking about ways to potentially reduce the load, but it still seems a little daunting... I think it's been a little easier when I organize stuff to think about things in ways of 'what needs to be taken care of now', and what can be kept until I've got free time on my hands where I'm not writing myself... unless it's a time-sensitive site event, or someone's very first profile approval, there's a lot of stuff that could be compartmentalized...

...But I like to have moderation tasks completely cleared out T.T The duality of man... one braincell wants to procrastinate on work and one braincell wants a clean desk
I'm @capsellas on discord! Feel free to reach out if you need anything.
aliasAsu
pronounsshe/her/hers
419written posts
Asuearned bits
offlinecurrently
Asu
Asu Avatar
With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world.
sweet mourning lamb Avatar
i've staffed for so many places over so many years, and i still can't figure out a split between Being Staff and Also Being A Member in my head. it isn't bad every time, but there are always days where my brain is like ... mm, no, no roleplay for us today. we need to be prepared in case we have to suddenly take care of the... everything.
Truly, one of the most important things for me personally when it comes to staffing is this: is this a site that I am enjoying writing on? I have not made sites to simply serve other people— I'd like to also be a member too. I should be making a site that I too want to write on, otherwise it's just not sustainable because I'm not getting paid to run a site, it's always been a passion project.

Still, I do see where you're coming from here! I really like to get tasks out of the way, and I feel so bad when I'm holding up members because I didn't process A, B, and C, or I haven't written out what the next bit of lore that would be necessary for the site plot just yet.

Personally haven't admin'd in a long time because I really needed the time to simply be a member in a space just focusing on writing and not pleasing other people, but be kinder to yourself, you're trying the best that you can. If you aren't writing enough on your own, it might be a good time to give yourself a small break because some of the strongest comebacks happen after a well earned vacation.